Class of 2019 - RB Juwaun Price (AZ/New Mex St) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/21/21) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Juwaun Price (AZ/New Mex St) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/21/21)

Really like his film.

Echo what others have said. He will helps on special teams coverage and return units.

He is fast, really nimble and can run you over too if you happen to be in his way.

Maybe a little faster that Lutz but a similar player.

Looks like he has receiving skills too. Could see him playing some in the slot next year while he bides his time waiting for Tucker to leave for the NFL.

And check it out, he ran a 10.60 100 in HS. 21.96 200. Impressive.

Good back-up for Tucker.
Need a "recovered Hough" so we have that 2 yard guaranteed short yardage back.
And Mr. Price also gives our incoming New Jersey back time to get acclimated.
Good piece to this upcoming season's puzzle...

Good back-up for Tucker.
Need a "recovered Hough" so we have that 2 yard guaranteed short yardage back.
And Mr. Price also gives our incoming New Jersey back time to get acclimated.
Good piece to this upcoming season's puzzle...

I think, in absolute "break glass in case of emergency", we could have one of:
Pena, Rhino, Wax - take RB snaps, as all have prior experience toting the rock.

No, I don't wanna see any of that either.

Ideally, Hough is back to 100%, LeQuint gets 4 games to ease into college life, then competes for RB1 the following year vs. Juwaun and Hough & RB croot/transfer to be named later.

Seems like we have ~10 scholarships left to play with now with new commitments/portal.
Yes. Thirteen HS signees and two transfers brings the class to 15.

Sucks to see players leave the program and enter the portal. That being said, both players we have gotten from the portal so far seem to be great players on paper. I think Oliver is a better player than we have leaving the program from the portal. I also think Price is going to make an impact while he’s here. Whether he’s the primary RB2, playing on specials. Either way he’s going to see field time which a bunch of our players in the portal haven’t done. So far we are upgrading in the portal with these 2 players…obviously a lot of work to do but I like the trend in which we are starting to head now in terms of coaches, signing day and inbound portal players

Sucks to see players leave the program and enter the portal. That being said, both players we have gotten from the portal so far seem to be great players on paper. I think Oliver is a better player than we have leaving the program from the portal. I also think Price is going to make an impact while he’s here. Whether he’s the primary RB2, playing on specials. Either way he’s going to see field time which a bunch of our players in the portal haven’t done. So far we are upgrading in the portal with these 2 players…obviously a lot of work to do but I like the trend in which we are starting to head now in terms of coaches, signing day and inbound portal players

Two key positions of need from a depth standpoint, no doubt.

Still some work left to do in the portal, hope we're able to land an OL, DT, DE, CB, and WR.

All of whom can crack the two deep.

Agree. Plus he makes some nice subtle cuts. He could be our RB 1 when Tucker leaves. Has three years of eligibility.
This^^^
On most of those runs its like he twitches and gets space. Not alot of obvious wiggle like you might see from a Jarveon or even Abdul to some extent. But he makes that "twitch" and BAM, he's off- no hesitation. I like his running style. Good get, and at first glance certainly more powerful than Lutz.

7966012D-319C-4478-9801-5B71B576B4AD.png

I answer my own question about kick returns - or, 247 does:

“Price added 26 receptions for 181 yards and contributed as a kick returner, bringing recording 20 attempts for 398 yards with a long of 58.”