Class of 2019 - RB Juwaun Price (AZ/New Mex St) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/21/21) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Juwaun Price (AZ/New Mex St) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/21/21)

I answer my own question about kick returns - or, 247 does:

“Price added 26 receptions for 181 yards and contributed as a kick returner, bringing recording 20 attempts for 398 yards with a long of 58.”

And… he took a punt return to the house the prior year.

Dude is fast & shifty.
He will be a contributor.

I answer my own question about kick returns - or, 247 does:

“Price added 26 receptions for 181 yards and contributed as a kick returner, bringing recording 20 attempts for 398 yards with a long of 58.”
I like the fact that he’s a complete contributor, can return kicks, can catch out of the backfield and rush. Really nice addition to spell Tucker.

I'm excited to have Price and Peña playing together. Both have big-play speed.

Don't know what his measurable but it looks like he's got more size than some previous running backs at SU and good acceleration in the open field. Even playing behind Tucker he should get a lot of touches. They must have sold him on his being "the man" after next season.

Don't know what his measurable but it looks like he's got more size than some previous running backs at SU and good acceleration in the open field. Even playing behind Tucker he should get a lot of touches. They must have sold him on his being "the man" after next season.
This kid is the deal. Resume a lot like Sean Tuckers. Speed like Tuckers. Cuts like Tucker. Will step in after Tucker leaves.

This kid looks really good.
Hes got some serious speed. Great job by the staff.

Anyone have any insight on why he is coming to the northeast? AZ HS POY. NM St. Curious.

Anyone have any insight on why he is coming to the northeast? AZ HS POY. NM St. Curious.
I think it's b/c he was seriously under-recruited, and wanted to prove that he could cut it at a higher level of competition. He's got three years, so, if he's good, he's probably our starting RB in 2023.

Even if it doesn't work out, this was a great pick-up for us.

I think it's b/c he was seriously under-recruited, and wanted to prove that he could cut it at a higher level of competition. He's got three years, so, if he's good, he's probably our starting RB in 2023.

Even if it doesn't work out, this was a great pick-up for us.
Yeah. Seems the real deal, and certainly above his competition.

Plus, he's in a position where he's not likely to get buried on the depth chart. Betcha he gets worked into the passing game as well.

And he’ll also be on ST’s for sure.
Gunner on kicks & punts, and possible return man too.

As with Sean Tucker this kid looks to have the tools to make his own name out there. Excited to see him in the mix

That is pretty impressive that 13 out of 19 new guys are on campus this spring to get used to the program. Makes a big difference in getting ready for the fall.
Old timer here too. I'll bet the presence of Robert Anae, Jason Beck, and Bob Ligashesky have something to do with their being on campus early.

I will venture to say that I think we have one of the best coaching staffs for 2022 as any team in the country.

Dino is a smart coach in many ways, knows a lot of other coaches, and has done a great job of bringing in those who are going to save his butt and get it off the hot seat, IMO.

If the additions to this staff is as good at SU as they were in their previous positions before and at VA, and the staff as a whole, we will have them together for a long time because they are going to help us become a new SU Football Program. One that WINS games.

I am very optimistic about this year.

Last edited:
Old timer here too. I'll bet the presence of Robert Anae, Jason Beck, and Bob Ligashesky have something to do with their being on campus early.

I will venture to say that I think we have one of the best coaching staffs for 2022 as any team in the country.

Dino is a smart coach in many ways, knows a lot of other coaches, and has done a great job of bringing in those who are going to save his butt and get it off the hot seat, IMO.

If this staff is as good at SU as they were in their previous positions before and at VA, we will have them together for a long time because they are going to help us become a new SU Football Program one that WINS games. I am very optimistic about this year.

My only concern with the staff is that the new D line guy seems like he was kind of shuffled into the position in a rearrangement of the staff. That might be one area that gets upgraded.