Class of 2017 - RB Markenzy Pierre (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Markenzy Pierre (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Why are we talking about NY HS FB when this kid just ran for 500 yards in 7A in Florida? Kid is a stud and I can't believe some of the posts in this thread.

Come on now...you have been a member of this board long enough to believe what some post here. Just laugh...its fun sometimes.

Again, people are completely missing the point.

I brought up a kid from Class D because certain people were arguing that this kid's HS doesn't play anyone.

The reason I brought him up was because he was putting up big-time numbers and proved to be a good player.

This kid is playing against MUCH better competition (AGREE WITH PEOPLE) and is also putting up video game numbers.

I think he could be a good one. Sorry I even tried to make a tangential point. Apparently it's tough to follow these types of things.

It's easy enough to look at the teams in his league and then see how many D1 prospects he's playing against.

I don't think anyone is writing him off and I also think it's ok to wonder why the rest of P5 isn't beating down his door.

It's easy enough to look at the teams in his league and then see how many D1 prospects he's playing against.

I don't think anyone is writing him off and I also think it's ok to wonder why the rest of P5 isn't beating down his door.

Because most highly rated kids usually play on winning/championship teams in their league and get a lot of exposure that way (and potentially get over rated on the stars rating system). Meaning a good team can help boost your rating because your fellow players on the team make you look better and a bad team just the opposite.

If I'm not mistaken, Eric D didn't play on a high school championship team and not sure if they even broke .500 but my memory escapes me. But he certainly proved he was a diamond in the rough type player!

Mr. Pierre plays on a very talent challenged team yet still produces big time numbers. I really like players like this as they end up being the typical diamond in the rough type of player you want - and they come in with a chip on their shoulder and want to prove to everyone they were wrong about them (just like Eric to a fault even).

Wish we could sign him up today! I expect him to do extremely well here in the Babers system. Welcome again Mr Pierre you made the right choice!

Last edited:

From the article posted by OX (great read):

Already equipped with a powerful 5-foot-11, 205 pound frame, Pierre increased his lateral speed noticeably, making him a nightmare of a matchup for high school linebackers in space. "This year, I don't think anyone's tackled him 1-on-1 all year long," Johns said. "I don't think anyone's gotten close."
For Pierre, Syracuse was the right fit as a Power-5 school that legitimately valued him.....He's also excited to pursue his interest in broadcasting at the renowned S. I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.
"He's played with a chip on his shoulder his entire career," Johns said.

Last edited:
did it say those were SO hightlights? that run at the 5 min mark was pretty sick.

if he has gotten bigger and quicker thats a nice thing. A whole lot of runs ended with multiple defenders on the ground

People writing a kid off though always annoys me. Especially when you put up those numbers in 7A.
Who is writing the kid off? I haven't read that part. Class D was only brought up because somebody was making the point, that it doesn't matter if you play class d NY football, or 7A Florida Ball, when you rush for that many yards, you're just plain old good. So actually it was a compliment. Not sure what the outrage is about.

Who is writing the kid off? I haven't read that part. Class D was only brought up because somebody was making the point, that it doesn't matter if you play class d NY football, or 7A Florida Ball, when you rush for that many yards, you're just plain old good. So actually it was a compliment. Not sure what the outrage is about.
Throughout the thread people questioned if he was any good.

when you read the coaches comments about his other kids who made it to the NFL its clear there is some talent there

Like that he's good - don't like the writer was all "no offense to Syracuse, but" ... Let's keep the big boys away please.

yeah, we don't need anyone pushing him to the big boys. He wants a career in broadcasting and he will play for one of the great offensive minds in college football. He is all set as far as I am concerned :)

He didn't pick up any offers during his season so I'd say unless a random school misses on two or three RB targets we should be pretty good. And based on this staff's closing our class last year, I'm not too worried.
Here comes Rutgers! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom