Class of 2017 - RB Markenzy Pierre (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Markenzy Pierre (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Can't say I like his newest Facebook profile pic with a purdue jersey and football. Not looking good. This would really hurt. :bang:

Markenzy Pierre | Facebook

So I take it he went on an official visit to Purdue last weekend; the 15th? Brohm is the one who initially recruited him. If he wants to go waste away at Purdue in the middle of nowhere Indiana let him. Our boys can send him postcards from Miami and Tallahassee.

I don't see what you are saying.
I meant exactly what I said. Maybe its innocent and he was just posting a pic he liked from the Purdue visit. Plus it doesn't look like he posts much as that was his last and maybe it just happened to be during his Purdue visit.
His twitter still says Cuse commit.
Then again I haven't heard anything from his visit to Cuse this weekend either.

Last edited:
Markenzy Pierre, welcome to the Syracuse Football family! Go Orange!!!

markenzy-pierre-kissimmee-liberty--008.jpg

What? He is going to kick the ball too?;)
Wel yeaaaah The Q.B. on my kid's team tried a 55 yard fieldgoal and was just short by a few yards.Better than a punt as is if you miss the ball goes to the 20 automatically in Highschool. He made a few at 40 and has hit over 50 in live practice.

how is it better than a punt? 55 yd FG means its from the 45 so the snap was around the 38.. most HS dont net 38 yd punts so pretty good chance any punt at all ends up inside the 20.

I would say it probably also matter what level of ball it is.. our HS ball has way more fg/xp blocked than punts.

In HS a missed FG ends up where ever it does unless it goes in the endzone. Did that rule get changed?

Wel yeaaaah The Q.B. on my kid's team tried a 55 yard fieldgoal and was just short by a few yards.Better than a punt as is if you miss the ball goes to the 20 automatically in Highschool. He made a few at 40 and has hit over 50 in live practice.

Theoretically could a team attempt an 90 yard field go instead of a punt so their opponent gets the ball on their own 20?

Theoretically could a team attempt an 90 yard field go instead of a punt so their opponent gets the ball on their own 20?
They must have a rule that an attempted field goal can be returned.

Correct, attempted field goals can be returned.
But you could definitely 'miss' on purpose lol. If it hits the ground it's dead, no? Has to be rules in place to prevent it

But you could definitely 'miss' on purpose lol. If it hits the ground it's dead, no? Has to be rules in place to prevent it
No, the ball is in play unless it goes out of bounds.

It's my understanding that if the receiving team doesn't touch the ball or the ball rolls out of bounds, it comes back to the line of scrimmage. If it rolls into the end zone (untouched by receiving team) then it comes out to the 20.

in HS the FG is the same as a Punt.. it does not come back to the LS.

Pierre did take an official visit to Purdue the weekend of the 13th.

Well he is still a verbal to us and hasn't flipped publicly so that looks promising.
Come on Markenzy! Purdue has six 3* players and Cuse has sixteen 3* players and a 4*. that should tell you at little something about the future. Plus we got coaches that coach guys up and we are on our way to having a prolific offense.We have one other back coming in who is probably more suited for CB and you are pretty much the prototype back we are looking for with little on the depth chart already. Don't second guess yourself now. Ride with us!

We'd kick the living hell out of Purdue if we played them.

in HS the FG is the same as a Punt.. it does not come back to the LS.

Correct. The way it's taught to us is to remember is that a FG is a punt that can score 3 points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom