Class of 2018 - RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 RB Mychale Salahuddin (DC) Transferring from Pitt

Pitt has nice facilities and a better situated campus, blah, blah, blah...I have to say that I'm always surprised when offensive players turn down the opportunity to play in this offense on the Dome's fast track. Let's be honest, kids at Salahuddin's level are all about football and showcasing themselves to the NFL. Sure, Steelers scouts, blah, blah, blah...but a stud RB in Babers' offense would get attention from all NFL teams' scouts.
Not necessarily .Being in Dinos system might help a WR or QB but NFL teams dont run Dinos system. If im a stud RB i might want more of a pro set

Then why have they sucked so long if there so "attractive?"

In the last 5 years they have 34 wins and 4 bowl appearances and we have 22 and 1. They also have at least 3 rbs that get work on Sundays while we've had 1 drafted in the last 15 years.

They went 5-7 last year and folks on this board are acting like they're straight garbage despite us not having a 5 win season since 2013.

Pitt has nice facilities and a better situated campus, blah, blah, blah...I have to say that I'm always surprised when offensive players turn down the opportunity to play in this offense on the Dome's fast track. Let's be honest, kids at Salahuddin's level are all about football and showcasing themselves to the NFL. Sure, Steelers scouts, blah, blah, blah...but a stud RB in Babers' offense would get attention from all NFL teams' scouts.

Sure they would. Along with all the other stud Rbs he's put into the league during previous stops. How disconnected are some people from reality?

There is validity to what you posted and I'm not saying there aren't benefits to Pitt but, Narduzzi has only been there since 2015. He can't take credit for any of those running backs. The closest he can come is Connors and he was already there so if I'm selling the Cuse you can imagine some of my points. That being said there are other factors but RB pedigree statement can be weakened
Our fans think that Jim Brown and Floyd Little are selling points, what do you mean Narduzzi can't take credit for his guys?

Our fans think that Jim Brown and Floyd Little are selling points, what do you mean Narduzzi can't take credit for his guys?

This is the that blows my mind. Our program has been more or less a joke for the entirety of these kids lives but boy look at the RBs we had in the 60s! Can Pitt be attractive cuz of guys there 2 years ago and still in the NFL? Heck no!

Pitts an awesome campus and city vibe
godfather5.jpg

I havent looked at BG stats but Dino can use that. I guess I'm thinking how I would sell Syracuse over Pitt

People WAY overvalue how we look to potential recruits. That's not a jab at the school or the coaching staff. I said over a week ago that if it was down to Pitt and SU, Pitt would probably win that battle.

Somewhat OT and I am sure this is the staffs pitch to at least some extent. First, bad idea to negative recruit. Avoid it at all costs if you can. Dino can sell that he coached the QB at SF who was Tom Brady's heir apparent and helped create the discord that currently exists in the Patriots organization. I would also point out that he is still undefeated as a starter (I believe). As others say, I would point to the success I've had at other schools. I think he's still within 10 years of Baylor, and I believe he had two 1,000 yard rushers at BG. I truly believe Dino was being strategic when he mentioned being unstoppable if he had an RB like UGA. As for questioning the system (pass happy, not yet seen at SU) I might point out that the SB champions just beat the Pats with a similar system, and RBs did not play a small roll in that. I might even throw in that the most successful Pitt RBs were recruited and coached by an SU grad. Ultimately, that might not beat Pitt either way, especially if Pitt has Le'Veon Bell (who also played at MSU while Narduzzi was there) walking around to say hi. We have to do more on the field to truly beat these guys, including continuing to beat them head to head.

I HATE when I see people doing this. Come be the next Floyd Little.. Just highlights our inability to point to any some what current pro NFL RB’s

Somewhat OT and I am sure this is the staffs pitch to at least some extent. First, bad idea to negative recruit. Avoid it at all costs if you can. Dino can sell that he coached the QB at SF who was Tom Brady's heir apparent and helped create the discord that currently exists in the Patriots organization. I would also point out that he is still undefeated as a starter (I believe). As others say, I would point to the success I've had at other schools. I think he's still within 10 years of Baylor, and I believe he had two 1,000 yard rushers at BG. I truly believe Dino was being strategic when he mentioned being unstoppable if he had an RB like UGA. As for questioning the system (pass happy, not yet seen at SU) I might point out that the SB champions just beat the Pats with a similar system, and RBs did not play a small roll in that. I might even throw in that the most successful Pitt RBs were recruited and coached by an SU grad. Ultimately, that might not beat Pitt either way, especially if Pitt has Le'Veon Bell (who also played at MSU while Narduzzi was there) walking around to say hi. We have to do more on the field to truly beat these guys, including continuing to beat them head to head.
1. Dino can sell that he coached the QB at SF (this is a good selling point) who was Tom Brady's heir apparent and helped create the discord that currently exists in the Patriots organization (this is a bad selling point, and also untrue)
2. I might point out that the SB champions just beat the Pats with a similar system (similar isn't a great way to describe it, they are similar in that it's football but we're not running pro-style with RPO concepts thrown in, and Pederson/Babers aren't on the same coaching tree)
3. I might even throw in that the most successful Pitt RBs were recruited and coached by an SU grad (This wouldn't be a selling point at all)

I'm not picking on you but just using this to point out that it would be tough to out-recruit Pitt head to head if the athlete views them as equal choices.

1. Dino can sell that he coached the QB at SF (this is a good selling point) who was Tom Brady's heir apparent and helped create the discord that currently exists in the Patriots organization (this is a bad selling point, and also untrue)
2. I might point out that the SB champions just beat the Pats with a similar system (similar isn't a great way to describe it, they are similar in that it's football but we're not running pro-style with RPO concepts thrown in, and Pederson/Babers aren't on the same coaching tree)
3. I might even throw in that the most successful Pitt RBs were recruited and coached by an SU grad (This wouldn't be a selling point at all)

I'm not picking on you but just using this to point out that it would be tough to out-recruit Pitt head to head if the athlete views them as equal choices.
We're on the same page. I'm just trying to be creative with the sell.

We're on the same page. I'm just trying to be creative with the sell.
I know Dino would show him film of how he's used RBs in his past stops, and definitely using the Heisman to his advantage. I think our coaches do a great job of selling their staff and the family atmosphere, including the facilities and living areas. They also do a great job of the WOW factor on the visit with the way that everything is set up to host junior days and official visits.

There's just times where we'll get beat straight up. Can't win em all.

Love these dog and pony shows when we're selected. Not so much when we're left at the altar.
And no, it's not an honor just to be in the wedding party.

Looks like 3 in the bag tomorrow. Let's get 5.

Just because we have a cooler graphics team than Pitt, doesn't mean he has changed his mind. If Babers never got an in home with him, we aren't getting him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom