Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 168 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
What up with Roberts father? Hacking his sons account? Why? this is such a strange situation...

jekelish said:
Tyler Thompson in particular, and Tre Bryant to a degree, were being recruited as express backs because we already had RW and told him he'd be the only true RB we took.

Just about every back, in the fold and the ones being recruited, were being told they were an XB.

Seems like they were walking on eggshells with the RW recruitment.

That's over with.

Just about every back, in the fold and the ones being recruited, were being told they were an XB.

That's over with.
Honestly, and I can say this now, I've always felt like they were shoehorning some recruits into being "hybrid" guys because they wanted them in the fold just in case, because they always knew something like this could happen and they wanted to have a bird in the hand. Just my guess, but it makes sense.

A lot of relief here for someone who was recently called the "best recruit in the last ten years" by many.

Hopefully it's not too late to try to get back in with Bryant. Opportunity costs :(

A lot of relief here for someone who was recently called the "best recruit in the last ten years" by many.

Hopefully it's not too late to try to get back in with Bryant. Opportunity costs :(
Being an extremely talented recruit has little to do with being relieved that we don't have to deal with the off field drama anymore.

Robert is still an exceptionally talented player. But I'm relieved mainly because the drama is done for us here. It's a fair trade off for me.

That's over with.
Assuming he does indeed never end up here, move Strickland back to RB and call it a day. Use the schollie for more help at DT or DB this year, or even OL. Go after another RB next year.

I really hope Moe Neal sticks with us. His skillset would seem to be new game compared to what we currently have on offense.

What up with Roberts father? Hacking his sons account? Why? this is such a strange situation...

I'm wondering if Robert told dad he wanted to decommit and dad got angry, took the account away which was his way of punishing him or trying to sabotage the announcement.

Being an extremely talented recruit has little to do with being relieved that we don't have to deal with the off field drama anymore.

Robert is still an exceptionally talented player. But I'm relieved mainly because the drama is done for us here. It's a fair trade off for me.

You don't think there will be any other consequences/additional drama related to the decomitment of RW?

Also, it's a fair trade if we replace RW with someone of similar or higher caliber. If not, it's just wasted opportunity cost.

I'm wondering if Robert told dad he wanted to decommit and dad got angry, took the account away which was his way of punishing him or trying to sabotage the announcement.
That's my uneducated opinion.

Assuming he does indeed never end up here, move Strickland back to RB and call it a day. Use the schollie for more help at DT or DB this year, or even OL. Go after another RB next year.

I really hope Moe Neal sticks with us. His skillset would seem to be new game compared to what we currently have on offense.

Did Strickland get moved?

I know I'm not backpedaling, just in case you're referring to me. I've been confiding my concerns in people for months. RF2044 can attest to this, I just double checked and back on July 5, I shot him a PM voicing these exact concerns precisely because I knew that if this happened, people like you would call "backpedaling." Anomander and CuseLegacy were others I spoke with months ago voicing concerns. None of us are backpedaling, we just chose not to bring it out into the public at the time.

Yup. 100% true.

How about we don't move anyone anywhere until we know what we have and don't have. There are still a few RB's out there and we still have some spots to fill to get to 18 possibly 20 kids in this class.

Now we have this. Wonder if they spoke to the right account. I can see RW saying this because he is a little upset he may have got dropped

Terrapin Times‏@MDTerrapinTimes
RB Robert Washington is back on the market. He discusses his de-commitment from Syracuse & if the #Terps have a shot http://www.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./college/maryland/story/1580447-washington-back-market-umd-possibility…

EDIT: Forgot to add this part

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 18m18 minutes ago
Brent Axe retweeted Terrapin Times

This story says Robert Washington has a "trust issue" with a coach at Syracuse

Bailey has a follow up story coming out tonight. From what he said, I don't think it's going to be a coaching issue mentioned therein.

Unrelated to that topic, from what I've been told, the staff does genuinely like Robert personally. So, that should give you some ideas.

Bailey has a follow up story coming out tonight. From what he said, I don't think it's going to be a coaching issue mentioned therein.

Unrelated to that topic, from what I've been told, the staff does genuinely like Robert personally. So, that should give you some ideas.
Why did he have to throw the SU Coaching staff under the bus? "Trust Issues" with SU Coaches?...Really? That is the last thing we needed. My impression is that our coaching staff is one of he most open and honest with kids..as any in the business!

Now we have this. Wonder if they spoke to the right account. I can see RW saying this because he is a little upset he may have got dropped

Terrapin Times‏@MDTerrapinTimes
RB Robert Washington is back on the market. He discusses his de-commitment from Syracuse & if the #Terps have a shot http://www.. . . . . . . . . /college/maryland/story/1580447-washington-back-market-umd-possibility…

EDIT: Forgot to add this part

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 18m18 minutes ago
Brent Axe retweeted Terrapin Times

This story says Robert Washington has a "trust issue" with a coach at Syracuse
Yeah I don't buy it. Number 1 if his father shut off his phone he still has all the phone numbers in his phone. Also I'm pretty sure he could get an email considering email accounts are free and easy to obtain. I think the coaches were getting concerned about his commit and started talking to other backs. For one thing it's pretty strange for a big time player to not be playing football his senior year. I don't blame coaches one bit. This whole thing has been shady from day one. First the Florida commit. Then not changing his Twitter account to su. Also you never saw him tweet trying to get recruits to come here. I think he wanted Florida and Florida didn't want him for whatever reason so he pulled us out of thin air as a holding spot. "I'm sticking by my commit" crap just shows how this kid really thinks. We are better off without the drama

Wow. It's linked to his dad. Smith kept talking to RW Sr, so Robert decided that was enough.

I'm not talking about backpedaling wrt him coming here. I'm talking about the people calling him a game changing recruit and how we're headed in the right direction and now seem fine with not getting him. I don't have anyone specific in mind, just the general reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom