Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 169 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have this. Wonder if they spoke to the right account. I can see RW saying this because he is a little upset he may have got dropped

Terrapin Times‏@MDTerrapinTimes
RB Robert Washington is back on the market. He discusses his de-commitment from Syracuse & if the #Terps have a shot http://www.. . . . . . . . . /college/maryland/story/1580447-washington-back-market-umd-possibility…

EDIT: Forgot to add this part

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia 18m18 minutes ago
Brent Axe retweeted Terrapin Times

This story says Robert Washington has a "trust issue" with a coach at Syracuse
Total popcorn time! I am enjoying this more than I should be.

Not good when your "lead" recruiter decommits

So much for certainty and recruiting coatails

Last edited:
I'm really just sitting here wondering about some things with DeAndre Smith and RW.

Wasn't Smith involved with recruiting Aapri, and with recruiting Moe? So...wouldn't be obviously be in touch with RW Sr since he has ties to them, especially Aapri, as his coach? Who is actually Aapri's main recruiter? If it's not Smith, then yeah, that does seem weird. But I would have assumed the coaches would need to try to get access to Aapri, which might mean talking to RW Sr.

My guess is Robert ends up just staying home at UNC or goes to Michigan

He wanted to commit to UNC before the florida commit-decommit commit to Syracuse situation, and at least one other time after that asked about committing to us. UNC, for whatever reason, hasn't given him a committable offer. The #1 RB ( for the UNC coaching staff ), all along, was Jordon Brown, who committed a few weeks back to us.

skurey said:
I'm not talking about backpedaling wrt him coming here. I'm talking about the people calling him a game changing recruit and how we're headed in the right direction and now seem fine with not getting him. I don't have anyone specific in mind, just the general reactions.

Things change. He could still be a great talent and we can be glad that the circus surrounding him is moving on.

I really hope for the best for him. I get the feeling he's in the middle of a hurricane and trying to figure a lot of family stuff out - rather than it being him not liking Syracuse and looking for a different opportunity.

Family stuff at any age is hard. But it playing out in public is sad. I said I'd root for him at Florida. I was happy he committed here. And now I'll side with the posters who know more than I do.

The only thing that really frustrates me with this is the disconnect between him and the coaches. But if he feels like this isn't the place for him, then good luck to him. I hope this doesn't become a snowball effect with other guys later on.

Seriously what the heck could DeAndre Smith do to tick off RW? This story is getting weirder by the hour.

What's the story with Washington not playing football this fall?

verbal commit to Miss St

"high on SU despite committment"

5-10 190 Huntersville, NC
"High on Syracuse"? yeah sure like the way I'm high on Trump.cI wonder about the uncertainty of the #44 actually being given to him had any part in this?

I'm wondering of all those letters he had thrown all over his room how many of them were actually committable. If all these schools are passing then there has to be some kind of character flaw they picked up on. Almost like he was plan b or c with most schools. If he doesn't want to be plan a with us then see you later I hope you don't go to a school we play. I bet our defense would have his number

RW needs to learn a valuable lesson. Sometimes the best thing said is nothing at all. This stinks on so many levels and there are more red flags popping up by the minute. He is making excuses and trying to justify his decision to decommit. I would love to have a talent like him in our program but I honestly think we dodged a bullet.

Seriously what the heck could DeAndre Smith do to tick off RW? This story is getting weirder by the hour.
This is the frustrating part about it. How does that happen with our highest rated guy?

Well, for what it's worth, he points the finger directly at DeAndre Smith & basicly calls him out.
But what the hell does he expect? We're recruiting Aapri. Aapri's coach is RW Sr. SOMEONE on the coaching staff is going to be in contact with his dad. It's irrational to expect us not to talk to the kid's coach when we're trying to get him to come play at SU.

I'm honestly starting to feel like Robert was just never into Syracuse all that much and was looking for a reason to decommit.
And what was the reason? Nothing to my knowledge has happened to force a decision that I know of.Something to do with the (#44?)

What sucks about that story is you will only hear RW's side and never from Smith's due to the NCAA regulations. I'm doubting the staff would do that, especially on how we hear all sorts of positives coming from lot's of the player's parents on here.

I'm just saying...I looked it up. Back in April, Skowt said that DeAndre Smith is Aapri's primary recruiter. Aapri's coach is RW Sr. How the hell is Smith going to recruit Aapri without talking to his coach?

Hate to say it, but as much as everyone says he's a good kid, and humble, I think it's BS. He has been acted like an entitled athlete the entire time. I have feeling the decommitting was 1 way, and it's not the way he's saying it went. He's just using that now as an excuse. Now with him mouthing off it's going to make our coaching staff look like a bunch of idiots. I've talked with a couple posters about how this whole thing was going to end in a disaster with RW, and it's playing out worse then I originally feared.

Oh and his whole "fake commitment" to Florida was always legit. It only turned fake when he found out Florida didn't want him. I know people here played it off like it was some master plan, but all it was was him trying to save some sort of face.

Hate to say it, but as much as everyone says he's a good kid, and humble, I think it's BS. He has been acted like an entitled athlete the entire time. I have feeling the decommitting was 1 way, and it's not the way he's saying it went. He's just using that now as an excuse. Now with him mouthing off it's going to make our coaching staff look like a bunch of idiots. I've talked with a couple posters about how this whole thing was going to end in a disaster with RW, and it's playing out worse then I originally feared.

Oh and his whole "fake commitment" to Florida was always legit. It only turned fake when he found out Florida didn't want him. I know people here played it off like it was some master plan, but all it was was him trying to save some sort of face.

I wasn't sure of the reason it turned fake, but I had a feeling the Florida commit was real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom