Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 170 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what the hell does he expect? We're recruiting Aapri. Aapri's coach is RW Sr. SOMEONE on the coaching staff is going to be in contact with his dad. It's irrational to expect us not to talk to the kid's coach when we're trying to get him to come play at SU.
I agree and maybe he doesn't want Aapri going to SU either, so he used that as his great excuse to decomitt and put that in Aapri's head, not to go to SU based on trust issues.

I'm not talking about backpedaling wrt him coming here. I'm talking about the people calling him a game changing recruit and how we're headed in the right direction and now seem fine with not getting him. I don't have anyone specific in mind, just the general reactions.
When the hot girl breaks up with you and not the other way around its human nature to bad mouth them first.
All this rationalization of not getting someone very talented is sour grapes. We'll move on but to not recognize these are the type of recruits we need to keep to get back into the top 25 is blind.

No, it isn't. SR is a coach whose star player is a top 2017 recruit we are after. Do you honestly expect Smith, or any of our coaches, to simply NOT talk to that player's HS coach? Because that's absurd.
No but it's just frustrating as hell when a kid says that about a coach. All of these kids talk to each other so it's never good when that kind of thing is said about a guy on our staff. It's just a lose lose for everyone

Really wish something could be leaked out defending the coaches. I rally have a hard time believing any of our coaches did anything wrong. All we ever here from our recruits is family, loyalty, and team. This kid is just a spoiled brat that is making up crap to make himself look good at the expense of smith

th

Holy ... I just checked in after being away for a few days to find this thread. Got to go... I think I'm going to hurl. This sucks on so many levels. The college FB recruiting process blows so badly for both schools and recruits. I can't imagine the turmoil of having to live through this kind of uncertainty (and crap) as a coach or as a recruit. So many situations occur where both get screwed hard and it is unfortunate. We lucked out on Battle (although that's basketball) and got this one (RW) right up our arse.

No, it isn't. SR is a coach whose star player is a top 2017 recruit we are after. Do you honestly expect Smith, or any of our coaches, to simply NOT talk to that player's HS coach? Because that's absurd.
I always question just how "humble" and wonderful kids are. There are so many kids reported as genuinely wonderful kids and there just aren't that many great people out there, let alone in the crop of elite athletes.

Doesn't mean he isn't, just means I never believe it till I meet a kid myself.

But the kid is clearly not who we thought we were getting if half the talk about his demands are right. I hope we can keep the class together and hold on to Neal. Hopefully we can get back in Bryants ear. And get him to listen to us

So to Anomander and Jekelish. Is the cliff notes of this case RW Jr. wanted Florida and they said no so he chose Syracuse. Now something happens between RW Sr. and Jr. This causes Jr. to become mad at dad and now he blames DeAndre Smith for talking to Sr. even if its about Aapri Washington and now RW Jr. is done with SU by decommitting.

Off to East Carolina if they will have him. What he has done to Coach Smith is inexcusable. He is just a dum street punk

When the hot girl breaks up with you and not the other way around its human nature to bad mouth them first.
All this rationalization of not getting someone very talented is sour grapes. We'll move on but to not recognize these are the type of recruits we need to keep to get back into the top 25 is blind.

You are partially right. We need players of his talent level but we don't need the rest of this nonsense.

So to Anomander and Jekelish. Is the cliff notes of this case RW Jr. wanted Florida and they said no so he chose Syracuse. Now something happens between RW Sr. and Jr. This causes Jr. to become mad at dad and now he blames DeAndre Smith for talking to Sr. even if its about Aapri Washington and now RW Jr. is done with SU by decommitting.

He has been mad at Sr for a long time. Look back in the thread... there is an article from April. If you knew what I do...direct from the kids mouth. Oh Lord The entire family is dysfunctional. Time to move on.

I had the opportunity to talk to Robert numerous times while doing interviews. The way he is acting now and the way he acted with me are completely different. I think there are bigger problems that go beyond football recruiting.

and who, did not see this coming???? i am sure shafer did and has a b/u plan. i,m to old to worry about this

I had the opportunity to talk to Robert numerous times while doing interviews. The way he is acting now and the way he acted with me are completely different. I think there are bigger problems that go beyond football recruiting.
and that means what???

and who, did not see this coming???? i am sure shafer did and has a b/u plan. i,m to old to worry about this

Doesn't seem like it. Some of you guys are way more dialed in than many of us, but I think you can glean a ton by who the staff follows on Twitter and when they start following them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom