Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 173 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
texascpa said:
Wow, didn't realize it was ever made public. I thought it was speculation. Just went through the first 13 pages of this thread. it's interesting how Caliluv pretends to A) not know much about RW except what he finds on the internet and 2) implies he's an SU fan (which he may very well be). Also, I know Bam was speaking with RW Sr. quit a bit. Hope he comes in to give us his take.

I think the bottom line, IMO, was that Dad very much wanted SU for one reason, he wanted his kid to be the next great 44. He wanted the number for his kid. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lovely end to the weekend!!

Anyway, whatever, would've loved to have him but as long as we hold onto Culpepper and Neal, I'm good.

These types of weird things happen with high profile recruits sometimes, unfortunately we haven't been in the mix for any of those guys in recent memory. This hurts because it's not like we have 5 or 6 other top flight guys to hang our hats on and that's what's going to need to change if we want to compete with FSU and Clemson instead of Boston College and Pitt.

These people that is the Washingtons act in manner that is not very Christian. I see that cross in that picture and think that RW in no way honors his parents or respects his elders i.e. Coach Smith and Coach Shafer. Dragging Coach Smith down like he did dishonors that symbol behind him. Looks like the teachings of Christ have no hold on this kid. Not a high character person. I am tired of the hypocrites.

rrlbees said:
Maybe someone said it, but you'd be hard pressed to find many that said that when Moe committed.

I know for a fact Anomander said it - because I disagreed. Jek nodded towards it.

There's no doubt who is higher ranked, more offers, and a bigger deal at the time of their respective commitments.

But there were a few saying his tape was better.

TheCusian said:
I know for a fact Anomander said it - because I disagreed. Jek nodded towards it. There's no doubt who is higher ranked, more offers, and a bigger deal at the time of their respective commitments. But there were a few saying his tape was better.

Moe has been Anos fav recruit since day one. You made me go look at Moes recruiting thread. Unless I missed something I only saw one other person come right out and say Moe was better than RW. That was Jarhead. I didn't look at any threads on the football board.

Given what transpired and that he is still going to take visits, this is more good PR than anything else.

A lot is going to happen between now and start of spring semester next year.

Just turned into some bad PR.

What a cluster.

The season margin of error just got a lot smaller.

If he has family issues (which appears to be the case), I say SU is better off not taking a chance with a scholarship. Yes he is talented and yes we want him to play. But it seems this kid may not be the straight arrow we all hoped for when he first committed. I have been both the father and the son where a father coaches his son; I tend to side with the father here. And if a kid tells me not to talk to his dad, I think I would probe that relationship even more. Again only from my perspective, Smith did the right thing for the program. Better to find out now before he enrolls if there will be issues with the young man. Hopefully he works them all out.

http://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/819599

Gone national now. I hope the stuff about DeaAndre doesn't go national because that's frustrating as hell for that to get out there when he can't respond.
What really bothers me is that I didn't see nearly as much publicity about him committing to Syracuse, but look at all of it when he de commits. It wasn't even at the bottom of the ESPN ribbon for crying out loud.

What really bothers me is that I didn't see nearly as much publicity about him committing to Syracuse, but look at all of it when he de commits. It wasn't even at the bottom of the ESPN ribbon for crying out loud.

It's our karma. Its been pretty bad lately.

He was never solid for SU to begin with if he's upset that a coach is talking with his dad.

C'mon, Robert, you can do better than that.

Lot of moving parts that I doubt we ever find out about. Disappointing, but, if the staff's moved on then I'm on board with their decision.

Wherever he ends up, I sincerely hope that it works out for him.

rrlbees said:
Moe has been Anos fav recruit since day one. You made me go look at Moes recruiting thread. Unless I missed something I only saw one other person come right out and say Moe was better than RW. That was Jarhead. I didn't look at any threads on the football board.

"Plenty" is a subjective term, no? ;)

I think we'll be fine moving forward with McFarland, Morris, Phillips, Fredericks, Strickland, Perkins and Neal. Washington was a bit bigger than they are but looking at the highlight films, I didn't see any more talent than those guys have.

(I still say let them compete and give #44 to the best senior- imagine if we'd promised it to Washington!)

SWC75 said:
I think we'll be fine moving forward with McFarland, Morris, Phillips, Fredericks, Strickland, Perkins and Neal. Washington was a bit bigger than they are but looking at the highlight films, I didn't see any more talent than those guys have. (I still say let them compete and give #44 to the best senior- imagine if we'd promised it to Washington!)

Giving 44 to the best senior is like SUs uniforms lately. Not SU.

Just turned into some bad PR.

What a cluster.

The season margin of error just got a lot smaller.
I'm not sure about that.

We all liked Washington, he is a great talent... But do you think he would suddenly win Syracuse the ACC? I don't. I just don't think this has anything to with this upcoming season respectfully.

He was never solid for SU to begin with if he's upset that a coach is talking with his dad.

C'mon, Robert, you can do better than that.
Yea, what a lame excuse. It left me wondering what the father might have told Smith that Washington didn't want us to know.

Let's be clear here...17 year old kids normally don't sue their parents. But handlers of a 17-year old kid might... If what you say is true, this looks like a turf battle for a payday.

I believe that he is actually 18.

I'm not sure about that.

We all liked Washington, he is a great talent... But do you think he would suddenly win Syracuse the ACC? I don't. I just don't think this has anything to with this upcoming season respectfully.
He just hates Scott Shafer and will grab at anything to disparage him. GO incorrectly thinks Doug Marrone is the second coming

I know for a fact Anomander said it - because I disagreed. Jek nodded towards it.

There's no doubt who is higher ranked, more offers, and a bigger deal at the time of their respective commitments.

But there were a few saying his tape was better.

It has been said that half of RW's offers may have been non-committable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom