Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 172 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep

Wow, didn't realize it was ever made public. I thought it was speculation. Just went through the first 13 pages of this thread. it's interesting how Caliluv pretends to A) not know much about RW except what he finds on the internet and 2) implies he's an SU fan (which he may very well be).

Also, I know Bam was speaking with RW Sr. quit a bit. Hope he comes in to give us his take.

Strange that in the Syracuse.com article from Bailey says that he informed Shafer a month ago of the de-commitment.

The SU community and college football world learned of Washington's decommitment from the Orange on Sunday, but the running back said he informed head coach Scott Shafer of his decision about a month ago.

Sounds like the kid is doing some damage control at the expense of Smith's rep. Soooo he make the decision a month ago, never said anything to anybody but Shafer, none of the services, nobody and today he comes out with this line of BS.

Sounds like everything is on the up and up with this kid. Not.

The other interesting part about it is, approximately one month ago, Moe Neal committed. We then basically have to think that:

1) Neal committed to SU knowing Washington's situation was in flux, committed anyway and continued to make comments about the two playing together...doubtful.

2) Moe had no idea when he committed to SU that this discussion had/was about to take place and was caught completely off guard.

3) Moe committed to SU with the understanding that there may be a larger chance than many initially expected for him to be a feature back instead of simply an Express /hybrid spot.

Very interesting set of circumstances considering the one thing, that almost every recruit has pointed to since this staff was put in place, is the family atmosphere and trustworthiness of the staff.

SUOrange44

for me I only follow football recruiting casually but this commit never smelled right from the beginning. it seemed like he wanted to commit to florida but couldn't, I don't know on one hand you have to recruit talented kids but I also feel like this is going to happen as long as we are not a destination program. it takes time to change that perception, we have been bad/mediocre for a while. at this stage in the program we need kids that want to be here and want to work, not kids that aren't sure where they want to be. it sucks to lose a talented commit, but I don't see how it makes or breaks the program. give me a QB, all day and all night and the rest will work out.

I feel like Mr Washington loves Syracuse and wants Robert to go here. However, Robert does not want to go here and it is causing some tension between him and his dad. Also, Aapari is being coached by Mr Washington so I feel like we won't have to worry about Mr Washington swaying him to another school.

Im hearing there is a lot more tension b/w the 2 than that. I've heard RW jr is currently suing his parents. If true, Im sure that will be public record soon enough.

Im hearing there is a lot more tension b/w the 2 than that. I've heard RW jr is currently suing his parents. If true, Im sure that will be public record soon enough.

What? I thought he was tight with his mom.

This is almost surreal. Hope the best for him.

CusefanATL said:
Let's be clear here...17 year old kids normally don't sue their parents. But handlers of a 17-year old kid might... If what you say is true, this looks like a turf battle for a payday.

What? I thought he was tight with his mom.

This is almost surreal. Hope the best for him.

what I heard is certainly a rumor... but it all got a double take after today's debacle.

Not as fast? You're 100% mistaken there. Robert is a 4.47 guy, Moe is a 4.39 guy, both verified.
Which is a difference of about 3', or the difference of being caught from behind versus a touchdown.

He likely wouldn't be "suing" his parents he would be trying to get "emancipated from his parents" if that rumor is true.
Honestly I can't blame this case on Shafer as this situation seems really like a day time drama show. Which is sad. I hope Robert goes to college plays well and gets into the NFL. Hopefully at a non-ACC school as well.

Strange that in the Syracuse.com article from Bailey says that he informed Shafer a month ago of the de-commitment.

The SU community and college football world learned of Washington's decommitment from the Orange on Sunday, but the running back said he informed head coach Scott Shafer of his decision about a month ago.

Sounds like the kid is doing some damage control at the expense of Smith's rep. Soooo he make the decision a month ago, never said anything to anybody but Shafer, none of the services, nobody and today he comes out with this line of BS.

Sounds like everything is on the up and up with this kid. Not.
I find it hard to believe a word this kid says at this point. What are the chances he actually told SS a month ago?

RW is a great talent and was probably the best RB commit we have had in a long time we should not write this off. Neal is a special talent in his own right but is not an every down back like RW is. Neal is going to be exceptional in his own right and is probably going to do in the eXpress back position what RW would have done at the RB position. I don't think we can compare them as they were going to both be special playing different roles.

There is no doubt that this hurts and the staff, specially Shafer and DeAndre, I am sure are pretty stunned by this.

What is interesting is how RW Sr. and all of his other kids are all about SU including his talented daughter. They are always decked out in SU gear. Grandpa Washington is on a youtube video after Neals commit talking about how special they will be together while wearing an SU hat. I think RW Sr. probably legit thought that SU was the place for his son and best place to really be special.

All that being said, RW seemingly has been driven since he was a young man by his father for better or worst. Sometimes, a son needs to be motivated and toughened by his father. Sometimes, a father can push to far. I know this for sure, as a teen, there were decisions my father was probably making that were in my best interest and I didn't think so. Was my father wrong, yes... but rarely.

I think what this all boils down to is that RW Sr. likes SU. RW has been pushed by his father to take his God given talents and become an exceptional talent through hard work. He has possibly pushed to far. It also seems that there is a female involved as in both the accounts he discusses his "queen and love of his life". He chose to carry that from the "hacked" account to his current. Perhaps, RW is upset because he father wanted him to to leave the school where his girl is at and go to another so that he could get to college sooner. Perhaps RW doesn't want to go to school sooner and wants to enjoy his senior year and enjoy it with his girl. Playing sports in the South, I saw a lot of NFL/MLB/NBA talent not go after the sports they played because they had passion for other things (I.E. Moskal).

Fortunately, these things have a tendency to work themselves out with a little bit of time. Father will come to son and son will come to father and apologize as we all make mistakes.

Unfortunately, SU is being smeared in all of this, and I doubt that RW will ever apologize to DeAndre first, then Shafer for dragging his name through the mud. By all accounts, coach Smith is one of the most compassionate carrying men on the staff. If you read about the recruits he is working with, they all rave about him. The players rave about him. He is an outstanding person. Coach Smith and SU is being drug through a family affair.

As I said, RW is a special talent. As Grandpapa Washington said, he and Neal would be special. Unfortunately, I think that bridge is burned. He has the talent to wear 44 but Brown, Floyd, Little, etc... were much more than talent and much more than what is being displayed. I sure hope the family makes amends and they can eventually watch RW play in the NFL. I had to see families torn apart and dreams shattered over pride. To much of that going on.

Really wish something could be leaked out defending the coaches. I rally have a hard time believing any of our coaches did anything wrong. All we ever here from our recruits is family, loyalty, and team. This kid is just a spoiled brat that is making up crap to make himself look good at the expense of smith
Coaches can't comment about unsigned recruits, but players can comment about coaches. Would love to see a group shot with the RB's and Smith like the one Acosta and the WR's did the other day. And have just the players tweet it. Something the team captains could arrange. A caption like "In Smith we Trust" would be sweet.

The kid never ever mentioned being am SU commitment on his Twitter page. Anywhere he goes he seems to be wearing the shirt of another program. He wasn't sold on us and now here we are. That fake commit was indeed a foreshadowing of things to come
It's what he does. He makes fake commitments.

RW is a great talent and was probably the best RB commit we have had in a long time we should not write this off. Neal is a special talent in his own right but is not an every down back like RW is. Neal is going to be exceptional in his own right and is probably going to do in the eXpress back position what RW would have done at the RB position. I don't think we can compare them as they were going to both be special playing different roles.

There is no doubt that this hurts and the staff, specially Shafer and DeAndre, I am sure are pretty stunned by this.

What is interesting is how RW Sr. and all of his other kids are all about SU including his talented daughter. They are always decked out in SU gear. Grandpa Washington is on a youtube video after Neals commit talking about how special they will be together while wearing an SU hat. I think RW Sr. probably legit thought that SU was the place for his son and best place to really be special.

All that being said, RW seemingly has been driven since he was a young man by his father for better or worst. Sometimes, a son needs to be motivated and toughened by his father. Sometimes, a father can push to far. I know this for sure, as a teen, there were decisions my father was probably making that were in my best interest and I didn't think so. Was my father wrong, yes... but rarely.

I think what this all boils down to is that RW Sr. likes SU. RW has been pushed by his father to take his God given talents and become an exceptional talent through hard work. He has possibly pushed to far. It also seems that there is a female involved as in both the accounts he discusses his "queen and love of his life". He chose to carry that from the "hacked" account to his current. Perhaps, RW is upset because he father wanted him to to leave the school where his girl is at and go to another so that he could get to college sooner. Perhaps RW doesn't want to go to school sooner and wants to enjoy his senior year and enjoy it with his girl. Playing sports in the South, I saw a lot of NFL/MLB/NBA talent not go after the sports they played because they had passion for other things (I.E. Moskal).

Fortunately, these things have a tendency to work themselves out with a little bit of time. Father will come to son and son will come to father and apologize as we all make mistakes.

Unfortunately, SU is being smeared in all of this, and I doubt that RW will ever apologize to DeAndre first, then Shafer for dragging his name through the mud. By all accounts, coach Smith is one of the most compassionate carrying men on the staff. If you read about the recruits he is working with, they all rave about him. The players rave about him. He is an outstanding person. Coach Smith and SU is being drug through a family affair.

As I said, RW is a special talent. As Grandpapa Washington said, he and Neal would be special. Unfortunately, I think that bridge is burned. He has the talent to wear 44 but Brown, Floyd, Little, etc... were much more than talent and much more than what is being displayed. I sure hope the family makes amends and they can eventually watch RW play in the NFL. I had to see families torn apart and dreams shattered over pride. To much of that going on.
I remember when Moe Neal committed I kept looking on twitter to see Washington jr. Congratulate moe. I never saw it and thought it very strange I was wondering then if there was an issue between the two, but when I saw that video I figured I was wrong. But now I'm wondering if he was upset about Neal committing

It's very unfortunate for everyone but family issues can be tough on many levels. You just don't know unless you are there and sometimes that doesn't even explain things. There are so many things that can be spun ESPECIALLY when family is involved. Bridges don't have to be burned but it is best if everyone steps back and gets perspective. Hope it's pans out for RW. Syracuse will always move forward but this is a pivotal time for this kid.

Last edited:
how about everyone just step back from your keyboards, quit speculating about the kid and his family situation and just move along - it didn't work out, the staff is going to use the scholly on a very good player and between the true frosh an Mr. Neal coming in the RB position is in very good hands.

all the internet psychologists on here speculating about his family life, friendships and everything else are just a bad look

OrangeMojo said:
how about everyone just step back from your keyboards, quit speculating about the kid and his family situation and just move along - it didn't work out, the staff is going to use the scholly on a very good player and between the true frosh an Mr. Neal coming in the RB position is in very good hands. all the internet psychologists on here speculating about his family life, friendships and everything else are just a bad look
Agreed for the most part, but when the kid publicly calls the character of one our coaches into question, you can't be surprised when the fan base wants to know what's going on.

Should have just said I have things I have to work out.

TheCusian said:
A lot of people will think I'm trying to rationalize this - but there are plenty of people who think Moe is the same if not better talent. I don't know. But he's a player.

Maybe someone said it, but you'd be hard pressed to find many that said that when Moe committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom