Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 171 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm not saying it because of the decommit, but, aside from the niceties associated with pulling a 4 star, I was more excited by the Neal commitment.
I agree 100% with you that Neal is the better player. The thing that worries me is that these 2 are friends and all of these guys talk to each other. Just hope he's solid enough to not get swayed by anyone.

RW needs to learn a valuable lesson. Sometimes the best thing said is nothing at all. This stinks on so many levels and there are more red flags popping up by the minute. He is making excuses and trying to justify his decision to decommit. I would love to have a talent like him in our program but I honestly think we dodged a bullet.

This kid will be heading to Junior College. Calling out a D1 coach to the media and claiming you are de committing because he did not obey your order shows what type of kid he is. I for one am glad he is not coming to SU.

I feel like Mr Washington loves Syracuse and wants Robert to go here. However, Robert does not want to go here and it is causing some tension between him and his dad. Also, Aapari is being coached by Mr Washington so I feel like we won't have to worry about Mr Washington swaying him to another school.

So to Anomander and Jekelish. Is the cliff notes of this case RW Jr. wanted Florida and they said no so he chose Syracuse. Now something happens between RW Sr. and Jr. This causes Jr. to become mad at dad and now he blames DeAndre Smith for talking to Sr. even if its about Aapri Washington and now RW Jr. is done with SU by decommitting.

I have no idea man. Only thing I know is that red flags have been popping up basically since the infamous "fake" UF commitment.

He has been mad at Sr for a long time. Look back in the thread... there is an article from April. If you knew what I do...direct from the kids mouth. Oh Lord The entire family is dysfunctional. Time to move on.

The voice of reason. Thank you for summing it up CL

Alsacs said:
Seriously what the heck could DeAndre Smith do to tick off RW? This story is getting weirder by the hour.

If Robert and his father are on the outs, maybe just sharing a bit of personL info from Robert to his Dad could do it.

I have no idea man. Only thing I know is that red flags have been popping up basically since the infamous "fake" UF commitment.

The kid never ever mentioned being am SU commitment on his Twitter page. Anywhere he goes he seems to be wearing the shirt of another program. He wasn't sold on us and now here we are. That fake commit was indeed a foreshadowing of things to come

Last night I asked if anyone had heard what was going on because I was very concerned. The inactive Twitter account and no word of RW playing had me curious. My take from a little bit of research. RW has been constantly pushed by dad. RW senior being a coach did not help the situation and supposedly played a bit of a role in the change of high schools. I don't think RW plays a down of football this year. Too bad all around.

Very disappointed but I don't fault the staff on this. I thought this whole recruitment was a circus since the day his dad started posting here. Seemed like an attention game more than anything. So after he committed I never took seriously the posts that said we had nothing to worry about, he was 100% solid and he'd be here in January. Until there is an LOI everything is just an assumption. But this whole recruitment has been goofy since day 1 and now some are back tracking.

I'm sure Shafer is very disappointed too about how things hVe transpired the last 4 months. He was so excited when I talked to him at the Jim and Juli Ball.

:(
This is one recruit I really was looking forward to, though I think Moe is more exciting. I think the coaches have a good rep with players & parents so don't think this is on Smith. It was just not meant to be...

A lot of people will think I'm trying to rationalize this - but there are plenty of people who think Moe is the same if not better talent.

I don't know. But he's a player.
You are rationalizing it. Moe is not as big...and not as fast...not to say he isn't a good player, but losing a player of Washington's calibre, at least on paper, is a big loss. No 4 star has actually made it to SU in a long...long time...since Grob!

Strange that in the Syracuse.com article from Bailey says that he informed Shafer a month ago of the de-commitment.

The SU community and college football world learned of Washington's decommitment from the Orange on Sunday, but the running back said he informed head coach Scott Shafer of his decision about a month ago.

Sounds like the kid is doing some damage control at the expense of Smith's rep. Soooo he make the decision a month ago, never said anything to anybody but Shafer, none of the services, nobody and today he comes out with this line of BS.

Sounds like everything is on the up and up with this kid. Not.

Last edited:
:(
This is one recruit I really was looking forward to, though I think Moe is more exciting. I think the coaches have a good rep with players & parents so don't think this is on Smith. It was just not meant to be...

Good post. Well said.

You are rationalizing it. Moe is not as big...and not as fast...not to say he isn't a good player, but losing a player of Washington's calibre, at least on paper, is a big loss. No 4 star has actually made it to SU in a long...long time...since Grob!
Not as fast? You're 100% mistaken there. Robert is a 4.47 guy, Moe is a 4.39 guy, both verified.

Very disappointed but I don't fault the staff on this. I thought this whole recruitment was a circus since the day his dad started posting here. Seemed like an attention game more than anything. So after he committed I never took seriously the posts that said we had nothing to worry about, he was 100% solid and he'd be here in January. Until there is an LOI everything is just an assumption. But this whole recruitment has been goofy since day 1 and now some are back tracking.

I'm sure Shafer is very disappointed too about how things hVe transpired the last 4 months. He was so excited when I talked to him at the Jim and Juli Ball.

Caliluv = RW Sr.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors