Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day after that podcast was posted someone had posted a comment on it saying they were against the restore 44. I just had to comment back. I don't see how anyone can not see the value in doing this now. I was also confused by the media guy Garcia he had on saying one player doesn't change football. I'm not sure how anyone who has read anything about RW doesn't know the potential for him to bring in a lot of top talent with him.

The other day after that podcast was posted someone had posted a comment on it saying they were against the restore 44. I just had to comment back. I don't see how anyone can not see the value in doing this now. I was also confused by the media guy Garcia he had on saying one player doesn't change football. I'm not sure how anyone who has read anything about RW doesn't know the potential for him to bring in a lot of top talent with him.

That's the amazing about college sports - the ability of one player to really change everything. It's a team sport for sure, but individual efforts can carry a team

Totally agree. Garcia is usually pretty good, but he is wrong on this one. I know he usually covers Bama, so in their case I can see how 1 player wouldn't really effect their program, but for someone like Syracuse, who usually isn't in the race for kids like this, it would be a monumental coup for the reason you stated above.

This is also similar to why I think having a highly rated recruiting class is important, and why it's important to get, or be in the mix for highly rated players. Everyone can pick apart a 4 star, or talk up a 2 star, but these kids know how many stars they have, and they want to play with other highly rated players. In some cases perception is reality.

I don't know why. Maybe it's just because I've been home alone with my wife and son visiting family in Austin the last day and a half, and it's spring break so I'm basically off work since I work at a college, and I've been hanging around the house enjoying some tasty adult beverages. Maybe it's because I know that bumping this thread will get people in a tizzy, thinking that good news is coming.

But I'm just going to say, I don't know why...but I'm feeling really freaking good about this recruitment at the moment. Just a gut feeling.

I don't know why. Maybe it's just because I've been home alone with my wife and son visiting family in Austin the last day and a half, and it's spring break so I'm basically off work since I work at a college, and I've been hanging around the house enjoying some tasty adult beverages. Maybe it's because I know that bumping this thread will get people in a tizzy, thinking that good news is coming.

But I'm just going to say, I don't know why...but I'm feeling really freaking good about this recruitment at the moment. Just a gut feeling.
It could be I need to drink what you are. I have been feeling things have slowed down a bit and I feel that's bad for him coming to SU. Could be just the time change... It will literally take me months to adjust.

It could be I need to drink what you are. I have been feeling things have slowed down a bit and I feel that's bad for him coming to SU. Could be just the time change... It will literally take me months to adjust.
I've seen him retweeting some SU related stuff. And aside from that, I dunno...

Just a weird, gut feeling with absolutely nothing to back it up.

I saw the retweets too. I will feel better in a few weeks when we get up to Cuse for the spring game. There is a dinner the night before they invited the 15 recruits and parents to the night before. Shy and I are going up Friday afternoon to go to the dinner. I will get a chance to talk with the coaches and see how they feel it's going then.

Has he had Dino yet? I know the coaches take the kids to Dave and Busters, but come on, gotta go Dino every time.

I think he will pick Cuse solely on the fact that we share the same initials, RW. Mark it down.

Totally agree. Garcia is usually pretty good, but he is wrong on this one. I know he usually covers Bama, so in their case I can see how 1 player wouldn't really effect their program, but for someone like Syracuse, who usually isn't in the race for kids like this, it would be a monumental coup for the reason you stated above.

This is also similar to why I think having a highly rated recruiting class is important, and why it's important to get, or be in the mix for highly rated players. Everyone can pick apart a 4 star, or talk up a 2 star, but these kids know how many stars they have, and they want to play with other highly rated players. In some cases perception is reality.

I'm not sure if he was just trying to be a contrarian or what, but he was dead wrong on that podcast. 1 player can completely change a recruiting class, and a recruiting class can completely change a program. So I don't get that comment at all.

I'm not sure if he was just trying to be a contrarian or what, but he was dead wrong on that podcast. 1 player can completely change a recruiting class, and a recruiting class can completely change a program. So I don't get that comment at all.

Sorry folks...this is not even open to debate any longer. The restoration of 44 will not in any way, shape or form minimize the legacy or impact Davis, Little and Brown had.

If it even has the Potential to sway a prized recruit to SU, that is it...done. RW is the perfect example of that. I can guarantee that if he chooses SU and dons the fabled 44 in addition to the focus he gets, there will be significantly more references to the aforementioned players, the history of 44, etc than there is now during a given telecast.

Just think of the graphics, references, etc. that would accompany games that Rob Konrad played...unscientifically it was a lot more than it is now.

It might be easier to justify if Ernie was the last player to have worn the number on the field. However, this is an absolute no brainier and it would be terrific if we can see a kid like Robert Washington wear 44 and use his cache to impact other recruits both on and off the field.

SUOrange44

B__FHI_UsAIQhc9.png:large

I'm ready to declare the Washington's the First Family of Syracuse Football unless anyone has any objections. Now let's just get Robert and Aapri on board to make it official.

lol, let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet :p

texascpa said:
lol, let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet :p

Yeah - wouldn't want to accidentally end our basketball NCAA induced misery. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom