Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 164 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of family issues going on with this recruitment...there always have been. Let's wish Robert the best and move on. There are other RBs out there.
That seems to be the wisest course of action. Assuming the staff wants to replace Washington with another running back, why not Tyler Thompson? Or, maybe we really push to flip one of the DTs (Colon or Peek)?

Too bad I hope the kid reconsiders us before NSD. If not I hope he goes where his heart wants him to go as college football should be fun.
Honestly, I have never seen a kid de commit from three schools before. And it's only August.

Too bad I hope the kid reconsiders us before NSD. If not I hope he goes where his heart wants him to go as college football should be fun.

This is a strange one for sure. We still don't know where the kid is attending high school or if he will ah this year. Interesting that he opened up his recruitment with so much else going on. Would have been smart to hold out until h gets back on the field.

That seems to be the wisest course of action. Assuming the staff wants to replace Washington with another running back, why not Tyler Thompson? Or, maybe we really push to flip one of the DTs (Colon or Peek)?
You think we have a shot at Colon after this?

Lots of drama involved with this kid. I wouldn't be shocked if he never plays a down of college football.
I'm not going to get into anything but, yes, there's a LOT of drama that people are unaware of...which is unfortunate, because fans will just assume this is a failure by the staff. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that.

Lots of drama involved with this kid. I wouldn't be shocked if he never plays a down of college football.
College football? I'm wondering if he will play a down of high school football his sr year of high school.

Honestly, I have never seen a kid de commit from three schools before. And it's only August.
Kind of like Gunner Kiel. Committed then decommitted to several schools before he ended up finding a home at Cincinnati.

I'm not going to get into anything but, yes, there's a LOT of drama that people are unaware of...which is unfortunate, because fans will just assume this is a failure by the staff. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that.
I don't think that anyone will think this is the staff's fault. We are the 3rd school he has de-committed from. Was that on those staffs? We don't even know wheere he is playing or going to high school.

I'm not trying to sound like a RU fan here...but I have heard this is a mutual parting. Yes, you read that right, mutual parting.

Let's face it. Neal is going not coming here either. May not be today or next week, but that shoe will drop.
Had conversation the other day w/ an ND alum & the first words outta his mouth were "you guys got a pretty good RB from this area, right"? I said yeah and his buddy, Moe Neal, as well. Guy was like "Wow, that's gonna be one hell of a tag-team. Should really establish a pipeline in the Carolinas...congrats"!
I blame the Irish!!!!:bang:

Andre Baskin 2.0 for Syracuse. I wish RW well in his future endeavors. All this means is we better see a good offense this year on the field.

I don't think that anyone will think this is the staff's fault. We are the 3rd school he has de-committed from. Was that on those staffs? We don't even know wheere he is playing or going to high school.
Oh, I know the people in this thread probably have a solid idea that this can't really be put on the staff. I'm thinking more the general/casual fan who only reads the headline and never actually bothers to read the actual story.

I'm not trying to sound like a RU fan here...but I have heard this is a mutual parting. Yes, you read that right, mutual parting.
It wouldn't surprise me. I know that there was always a little hesitation due to the...let's say, "circus atmosphere" involved. There may have simply been a last straw. Shafer doesn't strike me as a guy who abides sideshows.

Oh, I know the people in this thread probably have a solid idea that this can't really be put on the staff. I'm thinking more the general/casual fan who only reads the headline and never actually bothers to read the actual story.
I'm thinking of a nitwit that I read in the comments section of the Syracuse newspaper a while back. He said no way Washington goes to Syracuse. I hate him being right.

Nobody should blame this at all on the staff but this trump card of keeping the recruiting class together excuse is now gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom