Class of 2024 - RB Jordan Montanez (TX) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/27/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 RB Jordan Montanez (TX) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/27/24)

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Like 8,977

Offers from UMass, Syracuse
OFFERED> JORDAN MARTINEZ 2024 FORT BEND CHRISTIAN ACADEMY SUGARLAND TX
# 6 RB/OLB 5' 9" 205 4.7 40/ 4.5 SH/ VJ 23/ BJ 9' 4"/ BP 315/ SQ 350

download (90).jpg

COMMITTED as PWO 4/27/24!!!

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

FAST
TOUGH STRAIGHT AHEAD RUNNER
RUNS OPVER YOU OR DRAGS OU AHEAD FOR A FIRST DOWN
GOOD TACKLING SKILLS
TAKES SNAPS FROM CENTER
VERY TOUGH PLAYER

Fran is as rare as a Unicorn.
Like I said at the time he was hired, this is an experiment in the extreme case. JW is going all in that Brown can give this program a chance to survive the next round of whatever is going to happen.

A confluence of circumstances, this is JW‘s last gig, he loves this place, and he doesn’t have the luxury of going the conventional route.

Is this the running back rumored to be coming? Would have been expecting a portal guy moreso than a PWO.

Is this the running back rumored to be coming? Would have been expecting a portal guy moreso than a PWO.
Based on the source, I was thinking a guy originally from western NY who would transfer in. No idea if such a person exists.

Very nice pickup, and it doesn't cost us a scholly this year. I'm sure the young man will have a chance to win one. Built thick, good feet, reads a block well. Hits well at safety, but a little short for that position. And you can't go wrong taking a kid from Sugarland, TX.

If you can get a commitment from a player from Texas, PWO or otherwise, you are probably going to get a better quality of player. Football is just different in Texas. The more depth the better.
Watching this gents film it's bizarre to think he's a walk on AMD that he wasn't even first string RB on his HS team. The first string RB, I think, is walking on at Texas A & M. They sure do football different in Texas

Hope he earns a scholly.
Hopefully Syracuse is figuring out creative ways to get the walk ons non football scholarships and grant money like the big boys do. Lot of these PWO have high GPA's so presumably educational based scholarships on the table as well.

That said a lot of these parochial school kids also come from money and/or have been recruited to said schools potentially on scholarship. Quick look shows Fort Bend Christian costs around 24k/year tuition in High School. Not sure with JM but kid that started ahead of him appears to have transferred in from Katy, TX public school.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom