RC blog | Syracusefan.com

RC blog

"Richardson hits with a 3 from NBA range"

"steal by Richardson at midcourt and he throws it down with the right hand"

Roberson needs to get better at the charity stripe.

RC is shooting the lights out, up by 20 to close out the half.
They were shooting 72% at one point, and have hit a lot from deep.

They put up 33 points in the 2nd quarter!

From the same blog, nice quote:
Jason Bernstein: NT starts the 4th with the ball and Roberson starts the 4th with block out of bounds

RC is up by 20 still. Early 4th quarter.

RC delivers, wins 78-64, on to the finals, baby.
They will meet the 2 seed, St. Joe's who is led by UK (lost tonight) bound Karl Towns.
Did I mention that UK lost tonight? I forget.

Tyler time, highlights from tonight. At around 1:56 a block, then a two handed stuff in the open court.
http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2013/03/video_roselle_catholic_defeats_1.html

Gallery here:
http://photos.nj.com/4504/gallery/n...ball_tournament_of_champions_31513/index.html

Gobbling rebounds, making guys squint
-80645107bd5adb19.jpg

Looks like he's up against squinty again.
-0d208fe732f08fc0.jpg

Coach: Box out. Box out. Tyler: I got it.
-c222f2e3fb8eb808.jpg

Kids stuff to the Beast
-ad9fcc5458a5d087.jpg

Ok wait, wait. If you slide your arm out and then I unhook my leg, maybe we'll get out of this mess?
-70169a8ffe95c226.jpg

They will meet the 2 seed, St. Joe's who is led by UK (lost tonight) bound Karl Towns.
Beast Mode will be in full effect for that one. Is the game going to be on TV out in Jersey Tee?

Beast Mode will be in full effect for that one. Is the game going to be on TV out in Jersey Tee?
Really good question man. I will check Fios1 and there's one other local channel that televises the games, will post here or in a new thread if we get it live or streaming, and if anyone else finds it, post here please!
Almost thinking this has to be on live somewhere. But either way, expect the boys to come out full force against a team that surprised many, but is not to be taken lightly.
Still, RC is stacked and I expect them to kick butt.

Really good question man. I will check Fios1 and there's one other local channel that televises the games, will post here or in a new thread if we get it live or streaming, and if anyone else finds it, post here please!
Almost thinking this has to be on live somewhere. But either way, expect the boys to come out full force against a team that surprised many, but is not to be taken lightly.
Still, RC is stacked and I expect them to kick butt.
Should be a great matchup but I expect RC to handle biz as well.

Should be a great matchup but I expect RC to handle biz as well.
Good news is that Fios1 free on demand is showing RC vs St Ant's chip anytime, so I am definitely busting out the VCR and see if I can provide a summary, especially that Beast had 11 boards, 2 steals, 5 blocks and I'm sure altered a bunch. These are the games he is at his best. Not as good news is that we might get the first showing of TOC finals after the fact, but maybe they'll surprise us, give us the live.

About this Karl Towns kid.
Just saw an interview of him. Incredibly poised for a soph, reclassified to 2014 though. Dominican roots, he's very humble, gracious, mature. Being that he played for the Dominican team up against stiff competition in most guys 10+ years older than him made him grow up fast.

But his game is a little strange. Has potential if he gets quicker, faster, stronger and/or can jump more than two inches off the ground. He puts the ball on the floor for someone who's 7'1 and has an outside shot. Almost a European game, but the handle is too sloppy to get away with on the next level. That said, he needs to refine a lot of these goodies he has but because of his growth, he has to improve his strength as he seems like he's on the bad side of gravity due to his size. Similar to Dakari, these dudes just can't jump.

Not working out well yet for DC2, but similarities between these three players. They really need to be explosive to complete their games, but carrying that size makes it tough.

Quarter 1
I believe St Ants ranked 1 in NJ, RC was 10 at the time.
Coming in, RC had thumped the favored Patrick School to win the sectional title, St Ants beat Hudson
Catholic to meet in the B finals. Btw, going back about 10 years, B is actually the better group as St
Anthony's almost always wins the next level chip, the tournament of champions.

RC scores 70, Ants gives up 35 the announcers contemplate, as one of them mentions what will give will be
that RC wouldn't score 70 points this game. He was right, but this part was irrelevant. They then show clips of
Tyler finishing in the sectionals, spin moves, an array of good post up and facing the basket finishes as
he lights up his defender. Truly truly shocking. The kid's nice.

RC goes three guard with Malachi, Gist, Saintil, Tyler at forward, Silva the Center. Ants goes three guard,
two forwards.

RC, tough man to man to start. Still, Cook finds an opening in the line and pulls up from short, connects.
Gist answers with a deep 2. Malachi, bad foul and one. Brown, St Ants star guard hits the freebie for a 3
point play. Obame already in for RC, travels down low. Tyler controlling the middle, a forced shot,
defensive rebound grabbed by RC and Obame coverts after an offensive rebound on the other end, RC cuts the
lead to 5-4.

After a travel by Ants, RC with the ball. Gist throws the ball away, miscommunication between him and
Malachi. Both teams playing tight defense right now. Ants converts in the lane to go up 7-4. Saintil
misses from deep, offensive board by RC but they turn it over. Wild bounce to the ball as Tyler and 3 or 4
other players on the floor for a loose ball, RC gets the ball. Tyler hustling, but not much going on yet.
Saintil hits a tough angle layup to cut the deficit to 9-6. Tyler one on one settles for a deep pullup,
misses, forced shot. Both teams relying on defense right now and still feeling each other out. Tyler helps
out, alters a tough mid range shot. Tyler doubled, even a third guy in there but had good position to put
it on one bounce, get fouled and is at the line. Way short on first, just Beast jitters right now. Misses
the second but Saintil pressures defensive rebounder to lose it out of bounce. Malachi, good idea passes
to Roberson, and Beast knows what to do with it in the paint, RC now only down 9-8, about a minute left in
the 1st. RC moves the ball well, to Gist who dashes to the right side for an easy lay in. Gist: Not sneaky fast.
Flat out fast. Still, he's tiny out there but still an underclassman.

1st quarter ends, RC up 10-9.

Good news is that Fios1 free on demand is showing RC vs St Ant's chip anytime, so I am definitely busting out the VCR and see if I can provide a summary, especially that Beast had 11 boards, 2 steals, 5 blocks and I'm sure altered a bunch. These are the games he is at his best. Not as good news is that we might get the first showing of TOC finals after the fact, but maybe they'll surprise us, give us the live.
I am always on the lookout for that game on youtube. I know it will be up there eventually, but it might be a while based on the fact they are just now uploading the New Jersey high school games from November and December. :(

I am always on the lookout for that game on youtube. I know it will be up there eventually, but it might be a while based on the fact they are just now uploading the New Jersey high school games from November and December. :(
Why don't I tape it in the next few days and if it never shows up, I will somehow hook you up? Let me know, but all good either way. Betcha they'll show it on youtube soon.

Why don't I tape it in the next few days and if it never shows up, I will somehow hook you up? Let me know, but all good either way. Betcha they'll show it on youtube soon.
I would definitely take you up on this offer if a dvd was possible. I lack a VCR unfortunately. If it is possible, I would absolutely reimburse you for the cost of postage and the dvd(if you don't live near the Binghamton area, cause in that case I can just drive and pick it up) If not then I am fully capable of playing the waiting game :)

Quarter 2
Hurley, an earful for the refs about traveling calls. But he was wrong about at least one of them, as the guy picked up his pivot foot. Then the other foot. Then the pivot foot again lol. That would make Patrick Ewing proud. Yes, I'm a Knick fan, but I am aware. Beast turns it over. Not terribly clumsy, as St Ants deserves credit. They get to this stage every year due to their stingy defense. Guards pressure everyone in the half court. Saintil almost a steal on the other end. Hard nosed defender for RC. Tyler starts to play video game basketball as he makes that kind of Bill Russell, keep it in play block down low that shows both teams who the boss inside of 5 feet will be tonight. His guy had great position on him from a nice, thread the needle pass, yet still, Tyler timed it very well. Malachi misses a deep pullup, but Saintil nice steal but held ball goes back to Ants.

Tyler gets another block. Almost swats another but the ball falls in. Seems like he contested that one too, but the other man's inside position was too good. Malachi short on straight away three. He's off, uncomfortable early, but we'll see. Beast comes out of nowhere to snatch a defensive board. Pretty sure he tipped it to himself. Malachi another three attempt...Hits! Nylon. RC up 13-12, 5:30 left in the 2nd.

Gist speeds ahead of both teams (and I thought I saw a few racehorses there too, but who really knows), misses reverse layup. Tyler offensive glass, takes hard contact from one or two players and draws foul, almost converted it too. Love how he takes contact, still intent on finishing strong. Correction after replay, three guys were on him again. Strong like bull. Swish. Miss. 3 points, 2 boards, 2 blocks right now. Tyler almost gets another offensive rebound. Really causing problems for St Anthony's. Malachi misses a shot badly outside of FT line. Jitters. Settle down, young man. Beast on defensive end makes his man throw the ball away. The guy should have gotten a decent shot off as he was so deep in the paint, but Tyler made it tough. Stellar interior defensive presence by Roberson.

Saintil drains a 3, RC up 17-14. RC's defense tightens, as St Ants is clearly in an unfamiliar position. Roberson alters another, snatches defensive rebound again. Excellent goings on. On a break a few seconds later, Tyler with another great block and avoids contact as the guard was trying to draw the foul. Never with my permission. Back the other way, Malachi draws the foul on the break. Replay slo-mo of the block, Tyler does an incredible job of swatting without interfering with the offensive player's space. Typical Catalyst's Anonymous meeting. Hi. I'm Tyler. I'm a catalyst. He really is doing that right now. Especially since it led to the fast break and Malachi hits both. RC up 19-14, 1:15 to go in 2nd quarter. Tyler controls a loose ball, bad St Ants turnover. Great kick out to Malachi, swishes three again, emphatic pumping of fists going on by Richardson, and that's about right. Heart. RC up 8. Tyler eats up another defensive board. RC up 22-14 going into 2nd half. Malachi, a team high 8 points so far.

No way for me to write DVD. I still rub two sticks together to make fire. Me tee. :)
No worries then! Thanks for the amazing offer anyhow. If only my crappy generation still owned VCRs, unfortunately i'm not friends with many hipsters with VCRs.

No worries then! Thanks for the amazing offer anyhow. If only my crappy generation still owned VCRs, unfortunately i'm not friends with many hipsters with VCRs.
We'll get it going somehow. I have a buddy who has dvr and is a techy guy. I am a developer but always behind the times when it comes to latest and greatest of media. As long as I remember to ask him before they stop showing the game, fairly certain that he will be able to make the clip digital, etc.

We are going to become such a good rebounding team consistently every year. With Grant, The Hammer, The Beast. I'm salivating right now...
homer-drooling-o.gif

Quarter 3
Double-teamed, ball stolen from Tyler. Quick and pesky, that's how we like our guards. Tyler blocks one
out of bounds. Back and forth sloppy play and turnovers from both teams. A shaky start to the 3rd. Late
foul called against St Ants, bit of a bailout for RC there. Tyler up to guard his man on the perimeter.

Tyler almost deflects another but foul called on either Malachi or Tyler. Too much body on that one.
Really slow play, but Malachi changes that with a really pretty fadeaway jumper from just inside the 3
point line. Nice stroke. Smith for Ants with a 3 to answer right back. Richardson misses a 3 try
next time around. Shouldn't have shot that one from Guatemala, Malachi. He has 61 three pointers on the
year. Smith hits again, Ants within 4. Huge offensive rebound and put back by Beast to get it back to 6.
Malachi steal, Malachi excellent assist to Gist. What's gonna work? Teamwork!

Impressed by the way Roberson moves his feet guarding a defender on the perimeter. Fundamentals are strong
with this one. Announcers giving high praise to RC's defenders right now, and justly deserved. Steal by
Tyler, but bad decision by a guard on the break and it doesn't work out. Ants scores the other way.
Roberson almost gets a bucket the other way but no dice. Again, St Anthony's converts, cutting the lead to
three. Roberson answers with a deep outside shot, a nice pull-up barely inside 3 range to extend lead to 5.

Roberson steal. Outlet to Gist. Back to Beast, tough layup drops in! Beautiful team play right there by
both players from Roselle Catholic. Play of the game so far? Sure, why not. Brown fouled but Tyler blocks
it to make sure no and one. Saintil gets offensive rebound on the floor, gets it over to Roberson who is
promptly fouled. Misses both FTs, only 1 for 6. Not in rhythm tonight but his FTs have looked better in
the past. Tyler another block didn't leave his feet on that one lol. But St Ants persists, gets lead to 2,
and a chance to tie within a minute left of end of the 3rd.

St Anthony's storms back to tie it now. Tyler defensive rebound leads break. Gets offensive rebound and is
fouled yet again! This time, he hits first and hits second and RC back up by 2, 3 for 8 FTs now. Tyler called for foul but blocked it with a little body. Good enough call ref. There was some contact. Ants converts both to tie it at 35 apiece. And that's the way the 3rd ends. Nice job coming back by St Anthony's.

Quarter 4
St Ant starts off with the ball. Tight D by RC but Malachi with a bailout foul. RC still denying any tiny
bit of penetration. Really amazed with their defensive pressure inside and perimeter. Bad outside shot
forced up by Ants. Wrap around pass by Saintil, Tyler goes up strong for dunk but fouled, to the line.
Misses the first, hits the second, 4 out of 10 from the stripe now. RC takes the lead. Beast elevates to
grab defensive board. Out of my way everybody. I'm here to win.

Penetration by Gist. Pulls up, bad shot. Tyler contests another layup and forces ugliness, but Ants right
back as Brown converts a runner to take the lead. Saintil to the line, misses front side of one and one.
Now, the pace favors St Anthony. Give credit to both teams for a great defensive effort. It ain't always
pretty and that's ok. Speaking of which, Malachi draws an offensive foul. Much needed. Tyler misses three
try badly. He was open, not a bad idea, but poor execution.

Saintil hits a three in the corner! RC up 2 with 4 minutes to go. Tyler up to contest a shot, but
acrobatic reverse layup is good. Beautiful. Beast inside again deep gets fouled on the cheapy attempt.
Hits first. Yeah boy. Airballs the second. Man, he is up and down. Sometimes looks like a great delivery,
sometimes, not so much. A lot riding on this game so let's cut him some slack. Roberson changes a shot
again, Bullock rebounds for RC. Roberson dribbles between his legs, handles outside now, then dribbles off
his foot. It's official. He's Cuse material :D 2 1/2 minutes to go, RC holding on by 1 point. St Ants hits
a three to take a 2 point lead late.

RC with the ball almost loses it, jump ball, possession arrow to Roselle Catholic, phew. Outrageous
conversion by Saintil in the lane and he's fouled! Wow, was that wild. A Triche type of play there. All
strength. He's pumped up right now, has 10 points, but misses FT. Wild loose ball on miss, Saintil gets it
somehow, hits again and is fouled again! Wild wild west, folks. For those counting, that's a 3 point lead
for RC with a minute left. With the second FT in two trips to the line connecting, Saintil now has 13
total. St Ant loses the ball out of bounce, RC with the ball up by 3 with a little over a minute to
play.............

St Anthony scores to get it within one, fouls Saintil. Score is now 45-44 RC. After 1 for 2, lead is now 2 for
Roselle Catholic, less than 15 seconds to play. Three by Ant's barely misses, RC gets the ball. Bullock fouled,
hits both and RC goes up by 4. Last try by Ants misses, Roberson rebounds but travels but no matter. Not
enough time for St Anthony as RC wins 48-44.

Roselle Catholic wins the Group B Title!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom