RE: Kansas, and their seeding | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RE: Kansas, and their seeding

6 losses. if they lose again thats 7. how many 1 seeds have had that many losses?

If they lose, yeah, I can see the two seed. But how many teams with 6 losses have their resume. Stranger things have happened.

If they lose, yeah, I can see the two seed. But how many teams with 6 losses have their resume. Stranger things have happened.

if they run the table theyll certainly be in the running for a 1 but its not a lock.

See, even in this scenario (one in which both WSU and KU win out) I think the committee will give them the #2 Midwest rather than making them go east - unless SU really craps the bed and they have to give the East #1 to someone else.
Kansas wants the Midwest whether it's a 1 or 2 seed. For them 2 seed in Midwest trumps 1 seed in the East.

I'm no Kansas expert, but their guards get a lot of flak for being questionable, and embiid has foul issues. Grant should be able to get embiid into foul trouble, and their guards could have trouble against our zone. If you force wiggins into trying to be superman, you could be alright against them.

East
1. Syracuse
2. Duke
3. Villanova
4. Cincinnati
5. Kentucky

South
1. Florida
2. Wisconsin
3. Michigan State
4. Iowa State
5. UCLA

West
1. Arizona
2. Creighton
3. San Diego State
4. Virginia
5. Michigan

Midwest
1. Wichita St.
2. Kansas
3. Louisville
4. St. Louis
5. UNC

6 losses. if they lose again thats 7. how many 1 seeds have had that many losses?

They have like 11 wins against the top 50 though, I know they have 6 losses, but they played a brutal schedule.

East
1. Syracuse
2. Duke
3. Villanova
4. Cincinnati
5. Kentucky

South
1. Florida
2. Wisconsin
3. Michigan State
4. Iowa State
5. UCLA

West
1. Arizona
2. Creighton
3. San Diego State
4. Virginia
5. Michigan

Midwest
1. Wichita St.
2. Kansas
3. Louisville
4. St. Louis
5. UNC
Cuse and Duke cannot be in the same region. Top 4 teams from the same conference can't be in the same region if they are on the #1-4 seed lines.

Unless Cuse collapses, KU won't be in the East. They are fighting for the #1 Seed in the Midwest. If WSU loses, KU gets the 1, is both teams win out the regular season,KU gets the 2 in that region. Pretty simple.

SU has no one that can challenges them right now as things stand. We control our own destiny. If we win on Sat, I think we lock up the #1, even if we do drop one more before Selection Sunday. 2 losses? Then I'd be worried.

I think one of Louisville or Kansas will end up in our bracket unless one gets shipped West. The Midwest is going to be the region to watch both Kansas and Louisville want that region. Duke/Syracuse 2nd place team seems destined to be the 2 seed in South region behind Florida. That leaves East and West region for the 2nd team of Kansas and Louisville unless Kansas worked their way up to the 1 line.

Here is how I think it will end up.
West
1. Arizona
2. Kansas
South
1. Florida
2. Duke
Midwest
1. Wichita State
2. Louisville
East
1. Syracuse
2. Villanova

3 seeds Michigan State, Wisconsin, Creighton, Michigan
4 seeds Virginia, St. Louis, Cincinnati, San Diego State

I would love to see this. I would see all the number #1s fall except us in this scenario.

I'd give up the #1 in the East for the #2 in WSU's bracket.

What's your basis for this?

untested. theyll be in a tight game in 2nd round or sweet 16 and get bounced. and i would not be surprised at all to see them struggle in their opening round game like gonzaga last year.

untested. theyll be in a tight game in 2nd round or sweet 16 and get bounced. and i would not be surprised at all to see them struggle in their opening round game like gonzaga last year.

Could easily happen.

But, they also made the final four last year. Their PG is solid and they have a variety of scoring threats. I consider myself a believer.

Could easily happen.

But, they also made the final four last year. Their PG is solid and they have a variety of scoring threats. I consider myself a believer.
I am very interested to see WSU as the top dog instead of the under dog though, big difference, especially if they are undefeated.

I am very interested to see WSU as the top dog instead of the under dog though, big difference, especially if they are undefeated.

great point. ALL eyes will be on them in the tournament. lot of pressure.

tough frontcourt. Embid is the real deal.
we have a very tough frontcourt, Embiid is the real deal but his knees are an issue, and I think the zone will neutralize Wiggins and Embiid somewhat

NBA talent
Embiid and Wiggins are probably the first and second picks in this year's NBA draft. Nadier Thorpe, Perry Ellis, Tarak Black, and they got 3 more players in their rotation. While they may be a good matchup for our zone I want nothing to do with Kansas before the Final Four because of all that talent. They will kill us on the boards and they have talent did I say that enough. Plus their schedule has been so ridiculous they will be the most battle tested team in the tournament and have played a ton of different styles this season.
we have NBA talent too

id kinda like to avoid teams that have a bunch of future nba players.
key word is future, for now they are 18-19 year old kids

Garbs said:

The pundits will still call them an underdog even with a 1 next to their name. I hope they catch like a 7 seeded Kentucky and get smoked out of the building.

Is it really an upset if they lose in the second round game to a Pitt type team?

great point. ALL eyes will be on them in the tournament. lot of pressure.
same reason I didn't want Cuse to be that undefeated team in the tourney, even worse for them because everyone wants them to prove it isn't a fluke

The pundits will still call them an underdog even with a 1 next to their name. I hope they catch like a 7 seeded Kentucky and get smoked out of the building.

Is it really an upset if they lose in the second round game to a Pitt type team?

Do you hate them that much? You would want to see paypal cal beat them.

Pitt would get their doors blown off by wsu.

Briancuse said:
Do you hate them that much? You would want to see paypal cal beat them. Pitt would get their doors blown off by wsu.

I really don't hate Kentucky like everybody around here. I don't root for them, I don't like them, and anything and everything about them is truly irrelevant to me. Now Witchita State on the other hand is a joke and I actually have legit reasons to dislike them as they have no business being ranked in the top 5 at any point in any season until they actually play somebody.

pundits will go both ways, some say they are legit because of last year, others say what have you done for me lately prove it, but their opponent sees the 1 next to their name and the 0 in the loss column and want to take them down

Garbs said:
we have a very tough frontcourt, Embiid is the real deal but his knees are an issue, and I think the zone will neutralize Wiggins and Embiid somewhat we have NBA talent too key word is future, for now they are 18-19 year old kids

Embiid's knees didn't seem to be a problem against Oklahoma when he dominated.

We do have NBA talent, but they have literally the number one and two pick in the draft.

They may be kids, but they're exceptional kids. Kansas has an unreal team, it's not really debatable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom