RE: Kansas, and their seeding | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RE: Kansas, and their seeding

If Wichita State is seen right now by people as having a better resume than Syracuse now I have lost faith in people's objectivity. I don't care we lost to Boston College and that was a pathetic loss. Wichita State HAS 1 WIN over an NCAA tournament team Murray State had 2 top 25 RPI wins in 2012 vs, Wichita State's 1 top 25 win. Syracuse has wins over Villanova, Duke, Pitt x2, North Carolina all of whom will be definite NCAA teams. Also, wins over California, Baylor, Minnesota all of whom will be on the bubble versus wins over BYU, Tennessee. A win over @ Maryland would probably be Wichita State's 2nd best win and they are Syracuse's 9th best win. Plus we have wins over NC State, Indiana, Clemson who are fringe NCAA bubble teams.

This crap is infuriating.

Wichita isn't a one. If we got penalized in 2007 for our weak out of conference schedule while having a 10-6 Big East Record and didn't make the tournament, it is only fair that Wichita be penalized and be given at best a 4 seed. I don't care if they made the final four last year, give them a 4 and put them in the Midwest. If you want to set up a possible Regional Final between Kansas and Wichita, they should be no greater than a 3, but yes Alsacs I agree they are not a one or a two.

LOL I left out a win against another bubble team @St. John's who would also be Wichita State's 2nd best win. I mean this crap HAS TO END NOW.

If Wichita State is seen right now by people as having a better resume than Syracuse now I have lost faith in people's objectivity. I don't care we lost to Boston College and that was a pathetic loss. Wichita State HAS 1 WIN over an NCAA tournament team Murray State had 2 top 25 RPI wins in 2012 vs, Wichita State's 1 top 25 win. Syracuse has wins over Villanova, Duke, Pitt x2, North Carolina all of whom will be definite NCAA teams. Also, wins over California, Baylor, Minnesota all of whom will be on the bubble versus wins over BYU, Tennessee. A win over @ Maryland would probably be Wichita State's 2nd best win and they are Syracuse's 9th best win. Plus we have wins over NC State, Indiana, Clemson who are fringe NCAA bubble teams.

This crap is infuriating.

but...UNDEFEATED!!!!

:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, we all know that had Wichita St played Duke @Cameron like SU did, they would have won.

FWIW, if you take coaches at their word, Bill Self said he thinks the Shockers deserve the #1 if they run the table. About them meeting in the same region he says, "I would say this: If that were to happen and both teams met in the tournament, it would mean both teams have done quite well to get to that game," Self said. "But I'm not the least bit concerned or consumed by this."

And to those who think the Shockers weren't trying for a tougher schedule:
That would be fine with Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall, who told The Associated Press earlier this season that he offered what amounts to a two-for-one proposition: one game in Lawrence, one in Kansas City and one in Wichita. The suggestion, he said, was met by crickets. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...s-thinks-wichita-state-shockers-get-no-1-seed

The link also has a video with Seth Greenberg giving his 4 number 1 seeds, which include the Shockers. You may be shocked, pun intended, to see who he has them ranked ahead of. ;) To his defense, he brings up Baye Moussa Keita as a hero. Who would have ever thought you'd here that when someone was making their #1 seed picks? I seriously was almost in tears(in a good way). I wonder if BMK himself ever imagined that? He also mentions a 7 man rotation being cool for the NCAA tournament. While I think this is an awesome thread, even Seth's picks are a bit premature. We will have more answers soon enough, and may not need to rack our brains as hard as we are right now though. I think the video and the article cover a lot of what's being discussed here and things come out in favor of the Shockers to a neutral observer.

As for my personal thoughts, I want no part of Kansas before the Final 4.
I would be interested to hear Self's side because they seem to play anyone/anywhere so it doesn't seem to add up

Garbs said:
I would be interested to hear Self's side because they seem to play anyone/anywhere so it doesn't seem to add up

I'd imagine because it's a no win situation. They lose and they're laughed at, they win and they're Goliath who should have best the little mid major who happens to be now the #2 in the country.

I wouldn't play them either, lose lose.

Wichita isn't a one. If we got penalized in 2007 for our weak out of conference schedule while having a 10-6 Big East Record and didn't make the tournament, it is only fair that Wichita be penalized and be given at best a 4 seed. I don't care if they made the final four last year, give them a 4 and put them in the Midwest. If you want to set up a possible Regional Final between Kansas and Wichita, they should be no greater than a 3, but yes Alsacs I agree they are not a one or a two.

A misconception IMO is that we missued the 2007 tourney because of ooc chedule... we missed because of ooc losses at home to 2 non tourney teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom