Class of 2017 - Realistic Wish List for Class of 2017 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Realistic Wish List for Class of 2017

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Things are heating up with a bunch of top players in the class. Just curious to see what everyone wanted to get out of this class, with realistic expectations.

Here are my thoughts (and I have no inside info, just collecting information and processing to my own odds):

Quade Green - PG - 6-1, 170 - #22 Overall by ESPN - He's obviously the priority and the fact that Duke has pretty much backed off and his visit to Kentucky by all accounts wasn't spectacular, leads me to believe that we have a great shot at landing him. He's the lynchpin. SU Odds: 60/40

Brandon Randolph - SF/SG - 6-6, 180 - #40 Overall by ESPN - A mystery man of sorts, but plays for PSA Cardinals with Quade and would compliment Quade really well. Rumors on this board have him leaning towards Wake. I still think we have a decent shot here. SU Odds: 45/55

Mo Bamba - C - 6-11, 210 - #4 Overall by ESPN - Late to the game but if you read the tea leaves, Richards appears to be a lean to Kentucky and Duke is looking at Carter as their #1 big man. Michigan received an OV from him. Not really sure where we stand with him but I am hoping the relationship with Green helps us here. SU Odds: 30/70

Lonnie Walker - SG - 6-4, 192 - #19 Overall by ESPN - Probably a Villanova lean according to pundits, but we are seeing him tomorrow. Kentucky and Arizona also in the mix here. Not sure if Miami has a shot but you never know. Would love to land him though, especially if Randolph comes off the board. SU Odds: 25/75

Hamidou Diallo - SG/SF - 6-5, 188 - #11 Overall by ESPN/Nick Richards - C - 6-11, 250 - #12 Overall by ESPN- Don't want to lump these players together as they're obviously different players, different positions and have different standing with other schools. But I get the feeling that the staff has pretty much moved on from both of them for differing reasons. Richards stated he doesn't like the zone, and Diallo is giving vibes he may try to go to the NBA. Never say never, but unlikely in my opinion. SU Odds on Each: 10/90

Jordan Tucker - SF - 6-7, 207 - #39 Overall by ESPN - Looks like Louisville has made Tucker a priority. Would think we would rather Randolph in this position at this point, but if we make a push I think we can still have a shot here. They're very close in standings nationally and I think they are similar in game. SU Odds: 25/75

Oshae Brissett (PF) & Bourama Sidibe (C) - Appear to be glue type of guys in this class and I think we have a good shot depending on if they want to play major minutes right away or want to win games and have a shot at national titles. SU Odds on Each: 40/60

Again, no inside information - just some analysis based on what coverage is out there and what is on the boards. Just trying to spark some overall discussion on this class, as it has the potential to be a big one.

Last edited:
PG -- Green, one of the top floor generals in the nation. We're positioned strongly

SG -- Randolph, reports of his commitment to WF are premature

SF -- Tucker, the top guy at 3 on our board, and NY native. He'd be a quality "get" at the position, and could start as a frosh

PF -- Oshae Brisset, might be more of a combo forward who could play either position down the road

C -- Bourama Sidibe, just a hunch that this is the player we land, adding to an already loaded frontcourt

5th year transfer -- not sure who this will be, but most likely a wing who can step right in and play

PG -- Green, one of the top floor generals in the nation. We're positioned strongly

SG -- Randolph, reports of his commitment to WF are premature

SF -- Tucker, the top guy at 3 on our board, and NY native. He'd be a quality "get" at the position, and could start as a frosh

PF -- Oshae Brisset, might be more of a combo forward who could play either position down the road

C -- Bourama Sidibe, just a hunch that this is the player we land, adding to an already loaded frontcourt

5th year transfer -- not sure who this will be, but most likely a wing who can step right in and play
Not going to lie. I would clear out that ban I had on eating liver again for either Lonnie or parabailarlaBamba to join this party, but if this was our look, I'd be pretty pumped!

Things are heating up with a bunch of top players in the class. Just curious to see what everyone wanted to get out of this class, with realistic expectations.

Here are my thoughts (and I have no inside info, just collecting information and processing to my own odds):

Quade Green - PG - 6-1, 170 - #22 Overall by ESPN - He's obviously the priority and the fact that Duke has pretty much backed off and his visit to Kentucky by all accounts wasn't spectacular, leads me to believe that we have a great shot at landing him. He's the lynchpin. SU Odds: 60/40

Brandon Randolph - SF/SG - 6-6, 180 - #40 Overall by ESPN - A mystery man of sorts, but plays for PSA Cardinals with Quade and would compliment Quade really well. Rumors on this board have him leaning towards Wake. I still think we have a decent shot here. SU Odds: 45/55

Mo Bamba - C - 6-11, 210 - #4 Overall by ESPN - Late to the game but if you read the tea leaves, Richards appears to be a lean to Kentucky and Duke is looking at Carter as their #1 big man. Michigan received an OV from him. Not really sure where we stand with him but I am hoping the relationship with Green helps us here. SU Odds: 30/70

Lonnie Walker - SG - 6-4, 192 - #19 Overall by ESPN - Probably a Villanova lean according to pundits, but we are seeing him tomorrow. Kentucky and Arizona also in the mix here. Not sure if Miami has a shot but you never know. Would love to land him though, especially if Randolph comes off the board. SU Odds: 25/75

Hamidou Diallo - SG/SF - 6-5, 188 - #11 Overall by ESPN/Nick Richards - C - 6-11, 250 - #12 Overall by ESPN- Don't want to lump these players together as they're obviously different players, different positions and have different standing with other schools. But I get the feeling that the staff has pretty much moved on from both of them for differing reasons. Richards stated he doesn't like the zone, and Diallo is giving vibes he may try to go to the NBA. Never say never, but unlikely in my opinion. SU Odds on Each: 10/90

Jordan Tucker - SF - 6-7, 207 - #39 Overall by ESPN - Looks like Louisville has made Tucker a priority. Would think we would rather Randolph in this position at this point, but if we make a push I think we can still have a shot here. They're very close in standings nationally and I think they are similar in game. SU Odds: 25/75

Oshae Brissett (PF) & Bourama Sidibe (C) - Appear to be glue type of guys in this class and I think we have a good shot depending on if they want to play major minutes right away or want to win games and have a shot at national titles. SU Odds on Each: 40/60

Again, no inside information - just some analysis based on what coverage is out there and what is on the boards. Just trying to spark some overall discussion on this class, as it has the potential to be a big one.

Thanks so much for laying all of this out. I wish that we had a few more players that were better than 50/50. That said, it's nice that the most important player is the one you think that we have the best shot at. It's also good to know that we'll likely still have Chukwu, Moyer and Thompson in 2016-2017. It makes our big man situation a little less scary.

I think we end up with:

Green
Brissett
Sidibe

and two fifth year 2/3's

I hope we end up with:

Green
Randolph
Walker
Brissett
Bamba

I'm not too confident where we sit with our top targets outside of Green.

I think we end up with:

Green
Brissett
Sidibe

and two fifth year 2/3's

I hope we end up with:

Green
Randolph
Walker
Brissett
Bamba

I'm not too confident where we sit with our top targets outside of Green.

Agreed. The hope is that an earlyish Green commit could push a few other guys towards us, but it doesn't feel like we're leading with any of those guys right now, and they are starting to come off the board.

Sorry, I really don't mean to hijack, but I think this thread needs some feel good music - courtesy of the Hop. I really think we're going to look good with this 2017 class. A little patience and we'll get there soon enough. Well, maybe soon after that. ;)

Strong language:
Personally, I like threads that are more conversational in nature and not just all fact after fact, so long as they don't go too far off topic. And, I do understand that I have contributed to the bad part of the bad threads. Tangents are my thang.

Sorry, I really don't mean to hijack, but I think this thread needs some feel good music - courtesy of the Hop. I really think we're going to look good with this 2017 class. A little patience and we'll get there soon enough. Well, maybe soon after that. ;)

Strong language:
I just hope the staff can turn up the bass and lay low on the treble.

Good compilation of info. I think you are probably a little bit on the pessimistic side with your numbers, but in the ballpark. Again, just from gleaning info from what I see here, I'd put QG closer to 75/25. I'd also put Randolph 50/50 at worst and J Tucks at much better than 25/75, maybe 40/60. These numbers all change (for the better) if Green commits.

I'm going to guess Green, Randolph, Bamba and Brissett come here. I think Richards goes UK right around the same time Bamba knows Green is coming here and he follows. I also think the idea of going to Syracuse and playing with Green will sway Randolph. I can't see him going Wake. I think Walker and Richards are UK bound, Tucker goes to Ville and I'm not sure Diallo ever steps foot on a college campus.

Good compilation of info. I think you are probably a little bit on the pessimistic side with your numbers, but in the ballpark. Again, just from gleaning info from what I see here, I'd put QG closer to 75/25. I'd also put Randolph 50/50 at worst and J Tucks at much better than 25/75, maybe 40/60. These numbers all change (for the better) if Green commits.

Yeah, I did change a few odds to be on the pessimistic side of things as I didn't want to get my hopes up too much. And I do agree, all things can change daily.

Am I the only one who still thinks we get Tucker? Where is all this hype about him going to L'Ville coming from? Is it the direct result of him leaving NY?

You're not the only one. Tucker would be absolutely perfect for SU and vice-versa. I think there's a good chance this still happens but we've drifted to Randolph lately.

You're not the only one. Tucker would be absolutely perfect for SU and vice-versa. I think there's a good chance this still happens but we've drifted to Randolph lately.

Aren't they technically 2 different positions?

I know there's only like a 1-2" delta in height, but Randolph is listed as a SG, and Juiceman as a SF.

So, I pose this question:

82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

Latest on our eleven '17 recruits...

Green - SU in final 9; visited plenty
Randolph - SU in final 4; just visited
Tucker - SU in final 8; no visit set yet
Walker - SU in final 5; no visit set yet
Coleman - SU in final 5; o.visit is setup

Bamba, Richards, Diallo - haven't cut their lists yet

Brissett - no list yet but may visit soon; JB just visited

Sidibe - no list or visit set; coaches visiting

Thompson - no list or visit set

Latest on our eleven '17 recruits...

Green - SU in final 9; visited plenty
Randolph - SU in final 4; just visited
Tucker - SU in final 8; no visit set yet
Walker - SU in final 5; no visit set yet
Coleman - SU in final 5; o.visit is setup

Bamba, Richards, Diallo - haven't cut their lists yet

Brissett - no list yet but may visit soon; JB just visited

Sidibe - no list or visit set; coaches visiting

Thompson - no list or visit set

Pretty sure Diallo's been here several times, and apparently enjoyed himself.
Not that that's gonna matter - he may never play college ball, period.

Thompson would be very hard to pry away from playing for his Dad at Oregon St.
We're the only non-West coast school he's seriously considering - guess we hafta hope he's looking for a change of scenery for his college experience? It worked out OK for his Dad, and for our HCIW. :cool:

Let's just hope we can land ONE of the SG's we're going after.
Looks like Randolph is perhaps the most likely, w/ Thompson and Diallo the least likely?

It'd be nice if SOMEBODY would just go ahead and commit already!!!
SUball

Re: Bamba, Richards, Diallo

I was referring to official visits being scheduled. I know they've all been on campus.

Any idea who we have as Plan B guys should a number of these guys not pan out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom