Realistically how many current players do you think will go to the NBA? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Realistically how many current players do you think will go to the NBA?

Almost certain will be drafted- Fab, Xmas,
Will most likely be drafted- Kris, Dion, Fair, MCW
probably won't get drafted but with improvenents could be- Baye, Jsouth, Triche
cooney is a misnomer and scoop just lacks the tools.

...after Melo...it is up to the rest to prove they can....
Dion if he keeps the team first and shows he can be go to
KJ if healthy
Keita if he becomes more physical and does not lose bounce with added weight
Triche...if the bell rings and he goes for it...aggressive all the time
MCW...junior year maybe...but will go

"All 10?? How many former SU players are even in the league right now?"

Actually there are a few.

" Another way to look at it; have we had 10 NBA players in the last decade?"

Tides are turning. Have we ever had the talent to go 10 deep? And still picking up All-Americans.

This is the beginning of a new era with 2 McDonald's players coming every year now.

I know this thread is far fetched, but we are slowly becoming a power house that produces NBA talent such as Duke,Carolina Kentucky, I no longer see Syracuse as a medicore team.

And compare with the rest of the country, we are stacked. GET IT OUT YOUR HEADS that were just same ol 'cuse.There is a New Sheriff in toWn and soon will be taking over the ACC.

" Another way to look at it; have we had 10 NBA players in the last decade?"
Tides are turning. Have we ever had the talent to go 10 deep? And still picking up as-Americans.

Probably not, but that doesn't mean every player we play is going to the league.

I know this thread is far fetched, but we are slowly becoming a power house that produces NBA talent such as Duke,Carolina Kentucky, I no longer see Syracuse as a medicore team.

Hopefully that is true. But those teams aren't putting 10 guys from the same team in the league either.

Though we haven't really been a mediocre team in a while.

I love college basketball and anyone that follows it as much as I do should know- once your in the tourny, a few highlight dunks/plays is more important then anything you could of done during the season. Esp if we make it to the Final Four a few times, let's go ORANGE !!

"Hopefully that is true. But those teams aren't putting 10 guys from the same team in the league either.

Though we haven't really been a mediocre team in a while"

Through 4 years they are pretty close, with atleast two a year.

Mediocre maybe the wrong word, so ill say inconsistent.
We SHOULD be Top 7 for years to come.

10 would be crazy but not impossible, how about 7 or 8? I just think Scoop can learn how to manage a game and be serviceable and give you 8 ast a game but I also think Europe is more realistic. And I haven't givin up on Triche just yet with his most important seasons yet to come.

I should be more clear. Drafted or makin a team undrafted. Sorry using my Droid.
Being optimistic, so I will say Melo, KJ, MCW and RC. At this point, I think only MCW is going to be more than a fringe player and I am basing this on a very limited sample size.

A few others could make it but they are going to have to improve a lot and be very fortunate to make it. The NBA is a very tough league to make a living in. Especially if the current labor crisis results in some teams going belly up.

10 would be crazy but not impossible, how about 7 or 8? I just think Scoop can learn how to manage a game and be serviceable and give you 8 ast a game but I also think Europe is more realistic. And I haven't givin up on Triche just yet with his most important seasons yet to come.

It helps to reference history when you think about these issues.

How many teams in history have had 7 or 8 players drafted? Probably a few--1996 Kentucky comes to mind--but it's extremely rare. At best, there is a slight chance SU, or any team, will have that many players drafted.

Second, how many players in SU history have averaged 8 assists per game? Sherman Douglas. That's it ... that's the list.

You're throwing out these numbers like they're easily attainable when in reality they're not.

Joseph, should be drafted.

Fab will be drafted. If he comes continues to improve he could be a top 5 pick this, or next year.

Baye, if he continues to improve, could be a draft pick after his senior year.

Fair, same as Baye.

Waiters, same as Fair.

Triche, free agent, or overseas.

Southerland, free agent, or overseas.

Mookie, free agent, or overseas.

Jardine, free agent, or overseas.

MCW, too young.

XMAS, see MCW.

"How many teams in history have had 7 or 8 players drafted? Probably a few--1996 Kentucky comes to mind--but it's extremely rare. At best, there is a slight chance SU, or any team, will have that many players drafted."

Over a period of 4 years? ALOT Kentucky just had 5 in 1st round a year ago. And the past has nothing to do with The now and the program we have become?? Which IMO IS "Kansas" Elite now.

And with all these scoring options you really don't think Scoop can cut back on the shots and just rak up assist, he's a very good ball handler and pretty good passer.

I think we all agree about atleast 5 and maybe 6 depending how C.J Baye and J south continues to improve.

Mightest well chalk up another one with DC coming to town ;)

*Every mock draft I seen has Joseph going in 1st round(esp being the showcase player for a powerhouse, hello) and XMAS goin in lottery after his soph year.

I think people are really selling CJ Fair short. Dude has added a nice pull up off the dribble, a long range shot, is very athletic, pretty good on ball, a good rebounder and finishes well at the rim. He might be our best pro prospect.

he was not drafted on defense alone, yes now that is all he will ever be but not when he was drafted
He is also 7-3. Let's not forget that little factoid.

Wow, "interesting" thread...love the passion, not so sure about the ability to judge NBA talent.

I would bet that not more than 2-3 off this roster ever get drafted...Melo and KJ (but definitely not in the 1st round); don't see anyone with an NBA career.

he was not drafted on defense alone, yes now that is all he will ever be but not when he was drafted
He was pretty bad offensively.

Xmas, Fab.

MCW has a shot, that is it. And Cooney does too, if he can improve his handle to play PG because he is the quickest guard we have and plays D

Xmas, Fab.

MCW has a shot, that is it. And Cooney does too, if he can improve his handle to play PG because he is the quickest guard we have and plays D
Cooney is quicker and plays better D than Waiters? Hard to believe.

"How many teams in history have had 7 or 8 players drafted? Probably a few--1996 Kentucky comes to mind--but it's extremely rare. At best, there is a slight chance SU, or any team, will have that many players drafted."

Over a period of 4 years? ALOT Kentucky just had 5 in 1st round a year ago. And the past has nothing to do with The now and the program we have become?? Which IMO IS "Kansas" Elite now.

And with all these scoring options you really don't think Scoop can cut back on the shots and just rak up assist, he's a very good ball handler and pretty good passer.

Not sure what you're asking with the first question. I'm talking about taking a team's roster from one season and counting up the number of guys who are eventually drafted, which is what I thought you meant in your original post. The 2010 Kentucky team you reference had five guys drafted in 2010, one drafted in 2011 and maybe Darius Miller is drafted in the future. That would be 7 players, which isn't close to 10.

Again, you're looking at something that's very rare and thinking SU can achieve the same just because it happened fairly recently.

And no, I don't think Scoop will average 8 assists per game. That's no knock on him. It's just VERY hard to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom