Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
he supposed to control the clock when he has a 1st and 10 from the 40 with 4 mins left to a point where we don’t have a missed 58 yard fg and Clemson ball with 3 and a half mins left. This isnt that hard.
The calls are on Beck, not Dino or just the good calls come from Beck and Dino only makes the bad ones?

Does Denaburg routinely makes 60 yard FGs in practice every day? (This is a rhetorical question since nobody in the media watches practice).

We know the kid has a leg on kickoffs. His accuracy in the Spring Game was shaky potatoes, though.

If Denaburg told Dino that he's good from 59, why not take the points.

Well, his kickoffs routinely go to the back of the end zone. That's 75 yards.

The calls are on Beck, not Dino or just the good calls come from Beck and Dino only makes the bad ones?
the coaching staff of which Dino is the head of. if he doesn’t like whats going on, he can call a timeout and discuss with his OC. if you want to put it on both of them, I’m cool with that, it was a dumpster fire of clock management anyway you slice. By all accounts, if should have been at worst 14-7 at half and we were a shanked FG from it being 24-7

Yeah I'm someone who wants the offense to go for it like 90% of the time and even I was saying punt it and play the field position battle.
Yup. Situation called for it.
That’s fine but BC, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, State, wake forest and Virginia Tech all stink to
UNC is 4-0 and has beaten 3 P5 teams by 14, 18, and 17. 2 of them on the road.

I don’t think they stink and we’ll probably be 7-10 point dogs. More if Shrader is out.

Because it’s the second quarter with three mins left and getting to a 4 pt game means nothing and missing gives the opposition team great field position to score before half and, oh by the way, they get the ball first out of half .

Getting closer means something until the second half of the 4th quarter, when you don't know if you'll get another possession.

Yup. Situation called for it.

UNC is 4-0 and has beaten 3 P5 teams by 14, 18, and 17. 2 of them on the road.

I don’t think they stink and we’ll probably be 7-10 point dogs. More if Shrader is out.

S/b NCState not unc

You are kidding right? How many 57 yard field goals are made in college ? How many have ever been made in the Dome? How many 57 yard field goals have been made in the NFL?

I don't know. What are the odds of a making a 57 yard FG, (with a guy who makes 75 yard kickoffs) vs. making 4th and 9?.

Enough with the “ If we make a bowl game “ nonsense. Making a bowl game these days is like qualifying for the CBI tournament in basketball.How in the heck anyone can use making a bowl as a measuring stick for season success is ridiculous.Just seems like we will never be relevant if playing .500 ball for the season is our goal.

Enough with the “ If we make a bowl game “ nonsense. Making a bowl game these days is like qualifying for the CBI tournament in basketball.How in the heck anyone can use making a bowl as a measuring stick for season success is ridiculous.Just seems like we will never be relevant if playing .500 ball for the season is our goal.
By my count we’ve made just 7 in the 21st century, so unfortunately it’s a good season for us.

So Dino had already quit before the half was over. Usually he at least waits until the end of the 3rd quarter to pack it in.
He didn’t actually say that.

He did defend the decision and said he can make that kick, though.

6-8 wins is pretty good at Syracuse And regardless of how people feel Dino will never get replaced winning 6-8 games a year.

IM me.

I'll be happy to take your money.

So tired of this self-loathing around here.

It was a lousy performance against a team that most had in the top 10 at the beginning of the year. Disappointing, absolutely. But not the sky is falling debacle summer making it out to be. Howzabout not get wrapping them 14 points at the start of the game?

It's definitely not a sky is falling game, I didn't comment much this week because I knew Clemson was a lot better than people wanted to believe. Or some people on here don't actually know a lot of football.

What's concerning though with the rest of the schedule, not so much the next 2 games that I expect to be tough. What about the teams that we are evenly matched or a little better. What we saw today is pretty reminiscent of every month of November since DB has been here. I don't know how this team will react after the next two games are over. Do we beat the teams we should? Not if we consistently make mistakes, get stupid penalties, and have DB "managing" the game. So I have no idea what to expect. I think this team is better than this but until we see it against the Pitt, Ncstate, WF, and GT I don't really know what to think or expect.

We are, absolutely 100%, playing to go to a bowl game every year. We're not Alabama; we're barely K-State. Perennial bowl team would be a perfectly honorable title for this program.

Yup. We should always have more talent than 3 opponents. We’ll likely always have less than 3. It’s how we fair against the 6 “peers” that makes the season.

yep pretty much. We are 1-0 in those games this year with the win versus Purdue. We close the season out with 5 games of this nature and that will. I think we can hang with UNC for awhile but FSU will not be close.

Miscues, penalties, undisciplined play, a 57-yard FG attempt.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

White knuckling to a 6-6 record - maybe.

Nice face of the program but it’s the same song and dance every year.
What a bunch of BS.

The team played hard, battled all the way and didn’t make enough plays to win - against a top college program.

Status
Not open for further replies.