Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, that’s why they overturned it. So I guess when Dino complained about the backwards pass call it was just “southern officiating”

My god some people are insufferable after losses. Never Syracuse just CLEARLY lacking talent, it’s always Benny doesn’t have the right body language, Dino doesn’t get mad enough, Judah is on the ground too much or Wax doesn’t want it enough
Wax “doesn’t want it enough”? Who said that? Other than you, because you need to make things up to attack “teh board” about as if we all share a brain.

VT, 2002.

Louisville, 2007.

ND, 2008.

WVU, 2011

VT, 2016.

Clemson, 2017.
What’s your point? Dino has had 3 top 25 wins at home in 7 years yet he has had a top 40 roster twice in that same span.

Also based on “because he can make it” I expect to see us kick once we reach the 40 no matter what since game situation doesn’t matter

Wax “doesn’t want it enough”? Who said that? Other than you, because you need to make things up to attack “teh board” about as if we all share a brain.
Go back to game thread dude. I’m pretty sure you wrote he didn’t give enough effort.

Posted in the other thread —

I was hoping for 4-0 or 3-1 in the first four games. We got four.

I’m expecting 0-3 or 1-2 in these three.

Expect 4-1 or 3-2 in the last five.

So we’re on track. But it’s so frustrating watching how we lost this game.
Yep the difference between getting to be an upper echelon program again and what we are. Looks like we are what we are going forward.

What’s your point? Dino has had 3 top 25 wins at home in 7 years yet he has had a top 40 roster twice in that same span.
I clearly stated my point. Don’t ask me that. Whatever my point is, you’ll just twist it to whatever you want to argue about.

Talk about insufferable.

Go back to game thread dude. I’m pretty sure you wrote he didn’t give enough effort.
On that one TD, sure. I never made the statement you made, or made it out like that’s his general problem though. You love twisting things. It’s weird.

He didn’t come through at all today, and that penalty was one of the more ridiculous things that have happened in a big spot.

He sees that kid make that kick 100 times and practice all week, that’s why he went for it, there has been much worse decisions

In a controlled environment.

Hated the decision, but it isn't as outlandush as some are implying if they see it in practice.

And just to be clear again, hated the decision in real time.

“Generally”

When was “generally” and what constitutes “generally.”

Syracuse isn’t losing to a rising NC State (2018 win) they’re losing to perennial CFP contenders. Those guys are who they are because they DONT traditionally lose on the road. Clemson hasn’t stated 0-3 in conference in 40 years, that’s not to say a win can’t happen but to expect it is ridiculous. Just because you don’t catch them on their bad day doesn’t mean you never will. This whole “only Syracuse” schtick is so old.
That Clemson team isn’t a top 25 team it’s a middle of the pack ACC team.

He sees that kid make that kick 100 times and practice all week, that’s why he went for it, there has been much worse decisions
If you read the thread, the quote I responded to didn’t say that, what was listed suggested he kicked it “to make the record“ which was incorrect

That Clemson team isn’t a top 25 team it’s a middle of the pack ACC team.

Game was there for the taking. Having to air it out to try to come back certainly wasn’t the recipe though.

The targeting overturn, the fumbled pitch on their 10, the dropped pick 6, the fumble return blown dead, the missed 57 yarder that gave them good field position were all enormous.

Oh yeah, that’s why they overturned it. So I guess when Dino complained about the backwards pass call it was just “southern officiating”

My god some people are insufferable after losses. Never Syracuse just CLEARLY lacking talent, it’s always Benny doesn’t have the right body language, Dino doesn’t get mad enough, Judah is on the ground too much or Wax doesn’t want it enough
Why did they overturn it? Was it not a headshot? What’s your take? Do you have one?

Miscues, penalties, undisciplined play, a 57-yard FG attempt.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

White knuckling to a 6-6 record - maybe.

Nice face of the program but it’s the same song and dance every year.

First loss. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I haven't read through 9 pages, so maybe it's been mentioned, but clearly Dino has brought in a collection of talent, that has improved over years past. I think they have done a tremendous job mining talent that has been a bit UTR.
It's also clear at this point, that head scratching descions, clock management issues, and horribly undisciplined teams are all hallmarks of Dinos teams. Those issues all start with the HC.
Dino has finally gotten into recruiting NJ with success, and I imagine is creating good relationships with other high school coaches.
But at what point do you scrap it, and go back to rebuilding, and losing any momentum you've gained in aquiring talent. Dino and the aforementioned issues have probably cost us 1-3 games a year. When you're constantly winning 4 or 5 games, those extra losses are program defining.
So frustrating.

This is your takeaway from the game? A cleaner first quarter and it is much tighter with a chance to win.
How many times are we going to say if only this or that didn't happen? Ridiculous. We say it after every loss...which is to say we blame almost every loss on things that shouldn't happen. But if the "shouldn't" becomes "does", and it happens, then they're doing things that lose football games all the time.
Literally every team that loses can blame it on things that shouldn't happen.

57 yard FG attempt with 3 minutes before the half down 7 was dumb but not the reason we lost. It definitely didn’t help though.
What’s he supposed to do? Go for it on fourth and ten or punt it for a 15 yard net gain? The kid has the tools to make that field goal. There’s been a lot of bluster over nothing.

I agree, this team didn’t show that they are 5 wins bad, they showed that they can’t win if shrader is a concussed mess
Did I miss something? Concussed? Played a whole game concussed? At Syracuse no less?Not likely.
Seriously though...was this reported somewhere?

Last edited:
No it isn’t. Let’s circle back at the end of the season. That team had FSU dead to rights last week.
Is FSU really that good? Barely beat BC the week before their game vs. Clemson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors