Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m blaming it on the stars He was seeing all game after the hit that he is currently being evaluated for with a concussion In the concussion protocol
Wait, what? He is?

Can you really leave a guy in the whole game, and then evaluate him for a concussion afterwards? Seems extremely bad to have him out there for 3 more hours, taking numerous hits while seeing stars?

What’s he supposed to do? Go for it on fourth and ten or punt it for a 15 yard net gain? The kid has the tools to make that field goal. There’s been a lot of bluster over nothing.
Yes. A punt to to pin them deep, as opposed to a less than 50% shot at a fg, with a guy that doesn't kick field goals, and giving them the ball at the 40 is a good example of poor descion making.

What’s he supposed to do? Go for it on fourth and ten or punt it for a 15 yard net gain? The kid has the tools to make that field goal. There’s been a lot of bluster over nothing.
he supposed to control the clock when he has a 1st and 10 from the 40 with 4 mins left to a point where we don’t have a missed 58 yard fg and Clemson ball with 3 and a half mins left. This isnt that hard.

I'm taking a break from this board for the weekend. This team has a ceiling of 8/9 wins. They will be going to a bowl game barring some situation where they drop 7/8 or 8/8 of the remaining games. Going to a bowl game in two consecutive seasons will give Babers breathing room. Some of you need to relax and pick some apples.

How many of these people posted after the four wins?

Wait, what? He is?

Can you really leave a guy in the whole game, and then evaluate him for a concussion afterwards? Seems extremely bad to have him out there for 3 more hours, taking numerous hits while seeing stars?
Happens all the time too tough for his own good

Miscues, penalties, undisciplined play, a 57-yard FG attempt.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

White knuckling to a 6-6 record - maybe.

Nice face of the program but it’s the same song and dance every year.
You can’t blame a coach for 3 turnover, we needed to be humbled to wake up. The season is not lost.

Wait, what? He is?

If he didn't tell them, how would they know?

Punts can be downed inside the 10. It’s not that rare.

He should’ve punted and then anyone questioning it could be met with “what’s he supposed to do, go for it on 4th and 10 or kick a 57 yard FG?”

It was a 14-7 game and our defense was playing better than our offense. I think you try to pin them deep and if they play it conservatively and run the ball, you take your timeouts and try to get the ball back with good field position. They were a lot less likely to go 90 or even 80 than they were to go 60.

So to confirm...and I’ll want to listen for complete context, but are you saying Down 14-7 on the 40 with 3 mins left after 3 deep throws that were incomplete and he said he kicked a fg because he wanted to give the kicker a chance at the dome record? Can you confirm that? Because if so, that’s a fireable offense
That’s totally out of context.

If he didn't tell them, how would they know?
He obviously got rocked.

Did they ask? Do the whole questionnaire checklist thing? Talk to him and ask him questions and see if he responds “normally”?

If he was seeing stars I’d think someone would know.

He obviously got rocked.

Did they ask? Do the whole questionnaire checklist thing? Talk to him and ask him questions and see if he responds “normally”?

If he was seeing stars I’d think someone would know.
Maybe just a little “owie”

Dino went into Clemson's locker room today and congratulated them on the upset win.

Heard he whispered something into Klubnicks ear on the way out.

friends-slap.gif

Strange times.

it. I have time today because I've read a lot of stupid today following the game.

What does discipline have to do with the loss today? Outside of Wax's penalty that could have been swallowed, I didn't see a team that was shooting itself in the foot flag wise. This was a game that came strictly down to execution. This was a winnable game but was lost because of poor play out of the gate. They were spotted 14 points and from there, Syracuse had to play their way back into it to make it competitive. All Shrader had to do was play a decent game and they'd have had a chance to take this one. I don't know what discipline has to do with passing the ball out of bounds. I don't know what discipline has to do with carrying it carelessly in the open field. I don't know what discipline has to do with holding onto the ball too long.

Because SU and SUA, which has no money period and no large scale boosters was going to be able to afford Sanders. Got it. I don't need to go on the pay side or be in the board clique to get info. I had a conversation about this topic just a few weeks ago and they admitted that NIL here is going nowhere for those reasons alone. It's just a front to look competitive in a space they will never be competitive in.

Lol. Just lol. You can't play a P5 (soon to be P4) team every week and expect to make a bowl game if you're that mid tier group. Everyone has pay games but when SU does it, it's weak competition and they stink. Had Purdue beat #25 Fresno State, would you say they stink? Their losses have come to teams that are on pace to make a bowl game.
First of all discipline isn't just penalties. It's using fundamentals each play. It's running proper routes. Using your hands properly. It's making the right decisions on option routes. It's making the right reads based on the defense. It's staying within your lane assignments on defense. It's playing under control.

Execution is based on discipline. You need discipline to execute the game plan.

Punts can be downed inside the 10. It’s not that rare.

He should’ve punted and then anyone questioning it could be met with “what’s he supposed to do, go for it on 4th and 10 or kick a 57 yard FG?”

It was a 14-7 game and our defense was playing better than our offense. I think you try to pin them deep and if they play it conservatively and run the ball, you take your timeouts and try to get the ball back with good field position. They were a lot less likely to go 90 or even 80 than they were to go 60.

Yeah I'm someone who wants the offense to go for it like 90% of the time and even I was saying punt it and play the field position battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom