Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BC dumped Adazzio for that, Syracuse has lower standards I guess.
How has that worked out for B.C.? Maybe Syracuse is smarter than B.C.? And maybe Syracuse is waiting for Brown or Mora to come available. I was told that they were going to bowl games this year.

It’s funny how most Clemson fans would agree with me.

We handed them 14 points and this was a close game till our QB & coach did things.

They aren’t a top 25 team. Not even remotely close.
At this point, I agree. They haven’t played like a top 25 team.

They may get it together and become one though. They didn’t seem to have the explosive playmakers they usually have, but there’s still a lot of talent there.

What a bunch of BS.

The team played hard, battled all the way and didn’t make enough plays to win - against a top college program.
It really isn't B.S. The very foolish penalties are a staple of the program right now. And it's every single game. That is coaching. When we picked up the fumble, you could see Dabo demanding a review. We
had two plays that merited a review. Instead of just standing there, Dino should have demanded one. Now, I have no idea what would have happened with that lateral/ forward pass. I couldn't tell. But it should have been reviewed. Just like the sideline catch that was on our sideline. Pa, we make the same mistakes game after game and year after year.

Is FSU really that good? Barely beat BC the week before their game vs. Clemson
BC almost had FSU dead to rights
They crushed LSU? You can play the transitive property game to the point where nobody is good, but if you think Clemson isn’t stacked with talent I don’t know what to tell you. They are a good team.

We handed them 14 points and this was a close game till our QB & coach did things. Not to mention dropping two gift pick 6’s and having the refs do acc things.

You are discounting that our defense may actually be capable at times.
When you say not even remotely close you lose your credibility.

You better hope Dino’s it.

Maybe Johns not it

They crushed LSU? You can play the transitive property game to the point where nobody is good, but if you think Clemson isn’t stacked with talent I don’t know what to tell you. They are a good team.
They have about a quarter of the talent the usual Clemson team has.
You are discounting that our defense may actually be capable at times.
When you say not even remotely close you lose your credibility.
They are capable, at times, til it comes to making plays that need to be made at this level. Probably better hands compared to our receiving core however. Sure I’ll give them top 40, right now.

We handed them 14 points and this was a close game till our QB & coach did things. Not to mention dropping two gift pick 6’s and having the refs do acc things.

I really don’t know what you were watching today, or if you even did watch it. That is a solid Clemson team that held Fla St to 2 yards rushing in the second half last week. Yeah, lousy team.

You brought up the Clemson/FSU game, as a way to prop up Clemson.

They have talent on the roster, but I don’t think that as a football team, they’re anything special

Chalk this up to the missed opportunity that it was. We laid an egg when we had a golden opportunity. And the 57 yard fg choice was terrible with 3:32 left in the half down a score. Even if you make it, still down a score and the likelihood of making it is slim at best.

If you don’t think that the shift in energy was palpable in the dome because of how that played out, you weren’t there. Fight to keep it one score and make a stop to start the 2nd after adjustments.

The energy was great to start that game. Then You blink and it’s 14-0. We pissed one away. The student section was literally still filling in.

Clemson is not nearly as strong this year and I think outside of FSU we can beat anyone on our schedule. Turn the page, but don’t forget. You only get so many of these chances in your career, and the track record is sub par. Dino needs to be better than he was today.
Totally accurate. Could not believe that choice. Crowd was fired up and IIRC, SU had three Times Out. Storehouse was an extremely important recruit particularly in light of all the issues in the punt game the last few years. At worst it is touchback but he could have pinned them and the place would have kept rocking giving a solid chance to get points prior to the half.

Throw in the fact that Clemson’s play calling was doing everything it could to keep giving SU chances.

That call was so bad I thought Brady was going to quick kick it. Never occurred to me he was going for the FG.

SUOrange44

He didn’t actually say that.

He did defend the decision and said he can make that kick, though.

I don’t get the gimmicky deception then. Why not just line up, let the kid get settled and focused, and kick it.

The bulls hit punt formation was dumb. The kid ran to his spot and was setup for about a second before the snap. It was rushed. Made no sense.

I really don’t know what you were watching today, or if you even did watch it. That is a solid Clemson team that held Fla St to 2 yards rushing in the second half last week. Yeah, lousy team.
Here’s what I watched.

- Refs completely overturn an obvious targeting call for reasons I don’t understand. Cuse has at least 3 on that drive. Did we deserve to win? Heck no, but don’t pretend the refs had nothing to do with the game. No review on the possible fumble? No review on Alford catch?

- Receivers not catching the ball for the orange.

- QB throwing it to our front row in the dome every play beyond ten yards.

- Coaching opt to kick a 57 yarder after going deep three times with a qb that could not throw a ball between the lines.

- Penalties, penalties, penalties. Including our captain, usually super reliable, having the classic dumb penalty.

- Players not catching gift pick 6’s.

I don’t think we beat Purdue today. It happens, it isn’t the end of the world, but a very poor performance and other than the one Clemson WR I don’t think they did anything special at all and haven’t all year. Clemson fans would likely agree with that.

They made the wrong choice for a new coach. They will get a new coach if Hafley can't get it turned around. That is how it is handled at every P5 program,.And the coach before at B.C.? The weren't happy with winning 7 games a year. The problem for B.c. is an oldie but still accurate. They wand to be Harvard Monday though Friday and Alabama on Saturday. And they aren't either.

I don’t get the gimmicky deception then. Why not just line up, let the kid get settled and focused, and kick it.

The bulls hit punt formation was dumb. The kid ran to his spot and was setup for about a second before the snap. It was rushed. Made no sense.
Yeah, I have no idea. I do not understand that either.

For those who want Dino out, who would you want to replace him? Is there anybody out there that can bring in more talent capable of competing for ACC title?

Pinning it all on the coach every time? Some of you have to look at the game holistically at some point of time in your life.
Did you happen to see Eric's stats on our penalties year after year? I like Dino. But his team has foolish penalties every game. And his game clock management is at a level I honestly can't believe. So, let me ask you. Are the penalties that we get every game acceptable? Is Dino good at game management? Honestly want your opinion on those two questions.

Dino seems like a nice guy, who does things the right way...but he stinks as a head coach.

Today was just another example with some of his decisions.

No shame in losing to Clemson, but still doesn't change the point that Dino stinks. Just head scratching decisions all four quarters and it's been this way for a while, we know that.

And for those saying, "well if you fire him who will ya get?"....I don't know, not my job. But honestly, there are young up-and-coming coaches in smaller conferences who would love to get an opportunity to coach in the ACC, and that wouldn't break the bank. Roll the dice.

The excuse of "we can't move on from him because then what"...its pretty lame and downright laughable.

For those who want Dino out, who would you want to replace him? Is there anybody out there that can bring in more talent capable of competing for ACC title?
Not a fair question. We don't know the potential players involved. It isn't our job to know. I do believe that we can find someone who won't have a team with foolish penalties game after game. A coach that is better at game management. Competing for ACC championships? Well, honestly I have been so beaten down over the last 20 years that I have a hard time seeing that. And with NIL, I don't know what they will bring. But I do believe we can have a coach that won't have these frustrating lack of discipline that we consistently show.

Not a fair question. We don't know the potential players involved. It isn't our job to know. I do believe that we can find someone who won't have a team with foolish penalties game after game. A coach that is better at game management. Competing for ACC championships? Well, honestly I have been so beaten down over the last 20 years that I have a hard time seeing that. And with NIL, I don't know what they will bring. But I do believe we can have a coach that won't have these frustrating lack of discipline that we consistently show.
If you could pick anybody, obviously outside of some coach already getting a huge bag, who would it be. Is there any coach at a smaller school or not currently coaching etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom