Really good game by T.Lydon tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Really good game by T.Lydon tonight

Does Lydon's moustache make him look like Henry Finkel?

images

Does Lydon's moustache make him look like Henry Finkel?

images

That's an actual mustache. Lydon just has a little more dirt on his upper lip than my 12 year old.

It's a funny look though. I especially like the hair on the mole on his chin as well.

The bigger question is which is better on defense, Lydon's moustache or Malachi's hair?

The intimidation factor is high with both. I think the mustache is more because it brings images of 70s Pron into the minds of these young men who will then fear for the safety of their girlfriends and sisters.

15 and 10 with a couple of assists. Shot with confidence and was tough on the glass.

Lydon definitely had a great game but he did have two freshmen-itus moments with a rushed shot and a rushed pass to the lane that become a turnover. But he had a great stat line in the game. If he gets more confidence he's just going to be amazing!

The intimidation factor is high with both. I think the mustache is more because it brings images of 70s Pron into the minds of these young men who will then fear for the safety of their girlfriends and sisters.

Boom chicka chicka, wopp wopp...

The bigger question is which is better on defense, Lydon's moustache or Malachi's hair?

As an old codger, some of these hairstyles cause me to shake my head. But, as good a player as Mali is, I don't care one bit. I love the guy. I'm starting to like the hairdo because of what is under it.

But ND's Auguste with that bleached hair, the multi-colored tattoos and the lime green uniform looked a little bit like some comic book super-hero. The look is bizarre. He could fit right in with some of the wilder do's in the English Premiere League.

Lydon is one of those players I would love to see develop over 4 years. If this year is any indication, by his 4th, he would be a superstar "green room" type. Even 3 years maybe. Unfortunately, I think 2 is about all SU can expect unless Moyer comes in and replaces him in the lineup and he gets relegated to being used mostly as a center.

Lydon is one of those players I would love to see develop over 4 years. If this year is any indication, by his 4th, he would be a superstar "green room" type. Even 3 years maybe. Unfortunately, I think 2 is about all SU can expect unless Moyer comes in and replaces him in the lineup and he gets relegated to being used mostly as a center.

Lydon is already pretty good. And he will get better because he's going to get bigger and stronger. I think we aree going to see he can be a great passer ala Leo Rautins.

On another point, How many freakin times did the announcers say the words "Green and Room" together last night? They worked that phrase to death. It was like the Chinese water torture by the end of the game.

Yeah, tell him he can't apply for the draft until his 'stache fills out!-VBOF

Are we back to this narrative again? I swear, people just need to understand the pick and roll sometimes requires the guard to actually make the pass to the big rolling. Roberson did his part.
I think you miss my point. Roberson can be a very effective pick and roll player--just not as a spot up shooter because, well, he can't shoot. If he spots up at the 3point arc, defenses will just leave him alone to guard the pick and roll 3 on 2. If he's hanging out baseline, it's a little better, but there's still 3 guys in the paint clogging up the main action. In most instances, Roberson should be the "roll man" or "rim runner" while Lydon is spotting up. Defenses can't leave Lydon, and now G and Roberson can play 2 on 2 (mostly) in the pick n roll. And I agree, most of the trouble is that G isn't particularly good at hitting the roll man. He often doesn't read the defense when trapped hard up top. He needs to be able to hit the open roll man or the open shooter if someone leaves the shooter to "bump" the roll man. And he has to be able to manipulate that defender who is caught in between with his eyes. That's tough stuff, but really good point guards do it consistently. Ginobili is probably the best player I've ever seen at this. G is a great player for us, but he's not exactly a point guard yet.

Lydon is already pretty good. And he will get better because he's going to get bigger and stronger. I think we aree going to see he can be a great passer ala Leo Rautins.

On another point, How many freakin times did the announcers say the words "Green and Room" together last night? They worked that phrase to death. It was like the Chinese water torture by the end of the game.[/QUOT
Really disliked the "green room" stuff too. Just threw it in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom