Really good game by T.Lydon tonight | Syracusefan.com

Really good game by T.Lydon tonight

15 and 10 with a couple of assists. Shot with confidence and was tough on the glass.
Great game, aggressively looked for his shot. This is the guy we will get consistently at some point.

From a team standpoint, this was their best overall effort of the season. The big six all played well, and the result was a comfortable wire-to-wire win.

Auguste had a couple of nice inside plays agianst Lydon [which is what you'd expect from a senior playing against a true frosh who is undersized], but this is exactly the type of team where Lydon isn't going to get exploited inside as much, as ND doesn't have any inside game except for Auguste.

Great game by Lydon.

Auguste had a couple of nice inside plays agianst Lydon [which is what you'd expect from a senior playing against a true frosh who is undersized], but this is exactly the type of team where Lydon isn't going to get exploited inside as much, as ND doesn't have any inside game except for Auguste.

Great game by Lydon.

One play was an elbow to the chest that would have taken out pretty much anyone. Surprised we didn't get that call as well.

But otherwise, completely agree with you.

Lydon is one of those dudes that could miss 15 3's in a row but other teams will still respect him. But I loved what he was doing tonight, when he's aggressive we are one of the hardest teams in America guard. G is 6'7 PG who can get to the rim at will, then throw in Mali, Trev, Lydon...and TRob who is as good as you'll see on the offensive glass. This is why we just NEED to get into the tourney, we are a matchup nightmare; then you add in the zone which seems to make teams uncomfortable. Are we an elite team? No. Are we a team that could be a matchup nightmare for 3-4 games in a row? Absolutely.

but this is exactly the type of team where Lydon isn't going to get exploited inside as much, as ND doesn't have any inside game except for Auguste.
I hear ya but I've watched Colson wreak havoc inside on teams and our guys rendered him pretty much ineffective most of the game - really Auguste too for that matter

Our offense should be unstoppable with he and G in the pick and roll. Put Mal in one corner, Trevor in the other, and that's our best offense if Lydon is aggressive.

It would, except for the fact that we have another player on the team named Roberson who can't shoot, so his defender just clogs the lane. Our offense in theory, at least, should be better with Roberson running the pick and roll with Mal, Trevor, and Tyler spotting up around.

Lydon is deadly when he shoost with convition. If he hesitates for even a heart beat, he's better off passing. He's scary good for someone with his experience and size. He's probably our best passer, our best shooter, our best post player.

He was super good, but I watched while working. What a killer first half after being down 5-0. 23-1 run or something. I have to check the box but we were great on the o boards for a bit.

Lydon is deadly when he shoost with convition. If he hesitates for even a heart beat, he's better off passing. He's scary good for someone with his experience and size. He's probably our best passer, our best shooter, our best post player.
And just like that, the post-Atlantis hyperbole is back. Springfield, here we come...

It would, except for the fact that we have another player on the team named Roberson who can't shoot, so his defender just clogs the lane. Our offense in theory, at least, should be better with Roberson running the pick and roll with Mal, Trevor, and Tyler spotting up around.

Are we back to this narrative again? I swear, people just need to understand the pick and roll sometimes requires the guard to actually make the pass to the big rolling. Roberson did his part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom