Reason for some optimism | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Reason for some optimism

I have always wanted to bet on Syracuse, but I'm not a gambler and most of the ways to bet elude me. This seems like a great bet. Where do I find it?
I did this bet but with $3, too good not to sprinkle although with our schedule it’s hard to see. I nailed Pitt last year $10/500. Also if you’re in NJ on fanduel tucker +30,000 to win heisman why not throw a buck or two for the ride. I’m mainly on the over 4.5 for wins, if you are in Atlantic City/Vegas at Caesar’s or live in another state and have Caesar’s, you can get over 4 which is huge

I did this bet but with $3, too good not to sprinkle although with our schedule it’s hard to see. I nailed Pitt last year $10/500. Also if you’re in NJ on fanduel tucker +30,000 to win heisman why not throw a buck or two for the ride. I’m mainly on the over 4.5 for wins, if you are in Atlantic City/Vegas at Caesar’s or live in another state and have Caesar’s, you can get over 4 which is huge
Thanks for the tip. I’ll be in AC in a couple of weeks and will be sure to check that out!

My idea of gambling is negotiating who buys beers after a round of golf. But I would bet the over on SU winning 5 games this season.

Last edited:
It's going to be a long year. Purdue and Louisville have QBs in year 6 that will be tough to stop. Im not sure where the 5 wins are coming from. BC and Wake on the road? tough...

It's going to be a long year. Purdue and Louisville have QBs in year 6 that will be tough to stop. Im not sure where the 5 wins are coming from. BC and Wake on the road? tough...
It's going to be a fun year. We can compete with every team on our schedule - we have NFL players on both sides of the ball.

Enjoy the ride.

It's July - 15-0!

Honestly, this team was a few plays from a decent 8-win regular season with QB playing hurt, poor play calling, less disciplined route running receivers, and an O-line recovering from the previous season playing any healthy body. That said, we added depth at O-line, we have an offensive guru, our QB is healed and has backups, we have a QB whisperer, and the D remains very good, I am holding out for a winning season.

We were on the brink of breaking out of the middle of the pack last fall. Everything we added was a plus and we had few minutes. The D has become a machine, steadily improving, the next jump in improvement will probably appear when we see the O improve to solid mediocrity (from sub-par performance as a whole), which I believe happens this fall.

Add in the new Special Teams Coordinator and it.is hard not to see positives. Sure, we all want 5-star athletes but we know SU will play by the rules. SU wants real student athletes on the field, one reason I have always respected SU.

Anyway, this fan expects a winning season and will not be surprised if SU surprises many on the field.

I'm not optimistic, but I am hopeful, and there is a difference between the two.

I realize that we lost three close games. We also won two close games. When all is said and done, we could have been anywhere between 3-9 and 8-4 so our final record is probably a good measure of what we really were. There are always going to be close wins and losses, so it is meaningless to spin them into alternate realities.

That being said, the number that stands out to me is how we did against three decent teams at the end of the year. We weren't at their level at all. With Ohio, Albany, and Liberty not walking through that door again this year, we all acknowledge that the schedule will be tougher than the one that we went 5-7 against last year. It isn't a case where we only need to get a little better to achieve much better results. Based upon how the season ended against good teams in 2021, we need to get quite a bit better to have a meaningful uptick in the win column against this schedule.

There are reasons to be hopeful, but I am not yet optimistic. Maybe the first few games will change that, and I'm looking forward to that being the case.

I'm not optimistic, but I am hopeful, and there is a difference between the two.

I realize that we lost three close games. We also won two close games. When all is said and done, we could have been anywhere between 3-9 and 8-4 so our final record is probably a good measure of what we really were. There are always going to be close wins and losses, so it is meaningless to spin them into alternate realities.

That being said, the number that stands out to me is how we did against three decent teams at the end of the year. We weren't at their level at all. With Ohio, Albany, and Liberty not walking through that door again this year, we all acknowledge that the schedule will be tougher than the one that we went 5-7 against last year. It isn't a case where we only need to get a little better to achieve much better results. Based upon how the season ended against good teams in 2021, we need to get quite a bit better to have a meaningful uptick in the win column against this schedule.

There are reasons to be hopeful, but I am not yet optimistic. Maybe the first few games will change that, and I'm looking forward to that being the case.
This is fair, but I disagree with bits. Whenever we do this kind of quick overview, we assume that our conference opponents all stayed the same. History tells us they will all *not be* what they were. Some will be better and some will be worse.

PITT, UVA, and Clemson are all replacing coordinators. PITT is replacing an OC and QB.

And close games are not a wash as you suggest (win some, lose some), respectfully. They are proof of a competitive team. Which is a very good sign.

While our season is tough, having teams like Louisville, purdue, and Virginia at home is big. In fact, the first 5 games is massive for bowl contention.

The opener Friday night game needs to be near a sell out and the crowd needs to be in it. This lville team hasn’t been to the dome and if it’s jumping in there then I feel good about the win. That then gets the team going to where they make some noise during the first 5 game stretch.

While our season is tough, having teams like Louisville, purdue, and Virginia at home is big. In fact, the first 5 games is massive for bowl contention.

The opener Friday night game needs to be near a sell out and the crowd needs to be in it. This lville team hasn’t been to the dome and if it’s jumping in there then I feel good about the win. That then gets the team going to where they make some noise during the first 5 game stretch.

It will be an underwhelming crowd size wise but those of us that will be there will make it as raucous as possible.

I know we’ve been bad but I truly don’t get this. Friday night season opener against a top 30 in conference team with some real things to be excited about.
When did the game get switched to Friday? I have it set on 9-3.

Teddy Bridgewater knows what it's like to play a night game in the Dome as a favorite.

This really sucks. First year in a long time I am not fired up for the season and it has nothing to do with our boys. More re-alignment, NIL and our unwillingness to play ball(according to Wildhack), etc just has me feeling like the college game the way we grew to love it is over.

I used to get so fired up over an upcoming WV game. I haven't felt that way in a while. I thought the whole 'who's house, our house' chant in the middle of Alumni stadium would have rekindled an old rivalry, it hasn't. It feels like we're treading water solo in shark infested seas.

At least I'm buying into some of the pre-season Lions hype. I mean we have the highest paid offense in the NFL apparently lmao.

Its a great schedule. Tough schedule but the hard winnable games are the first half of the season.

I think our fans will be pretty pumped if we get a W against Lville.

What players were we getting for football before NIL that we aren't getting now?

I know we’ve been bad but I truly don’t get this. Friday night season opener against a top 30 in conference team with some real things to be excited about.
Syracuse was a top 25 team in 2018 and couldn’t sell out a game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom