Reason for some optimism | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Reason for some optimism

Syracuse was a top 25 team in 2018 and couldn’t sell out a game
It will be slightly easier following a successful year this year with seating capacity decreasing

NYS Fair (not for me), history of bad teams and at home blow outs. Syracuse is a show me city

Last edited:
Right but it’s indisputable that people in the building gives us a home field advantage. Noise and our guys play up to it.

Not quite that simple… but I do think we are going to surprise a lot of people.

Nothing is ever that simple but this year isn't far off. WR, DL, play calling and time management. We've gutted half the coaching staff which should affect 3 of those 4 and talent quotient is young but apparent on the 4th.

Time will tell as always of course

I think the 42-45k range sellout is probably appropriate for the fanbase.
The school should either give tickets away to the students or sell them for $5 on game day. $5 for kids under 18 with a student ID. Fill the top two levels. $5 is better than $0 and it will get a lot of young fans in the seats. Not sure why SU does not do it for all games.

The school should either give tickets away to the students or sell them for $5 on game day. $5 for kids under 18 with a student ID. Fill the top two levels. $5 is better than $0 and it will get a lot of young fans in the seats. Not sure why SU does not do it for all games.
Bring live local bands in the quad. Food and beer trucks. Large TV screens in the quad to watch games prior to the start of the SU game. Make it a party atmosphere. That will generate pre game interest and will excite the fans for the game.

because they would like to actually sell tickets. you start doing that then it's hard to go back to a normal business model.

Syracuse was a top 25 team in 2018 and couldn’t sell out a game
I think we sold out the last pre corona Clemson game.

The Dome is the perfect capacity and venue for us for both sports assuming basketball recovers. The right game will fill it up. Every school has taken a dip in terms of attendance in the last 5-10 years.

Its insane that we have never had an offense suited to playing in a Dome though despite being the only school to have one. When we moved on from Pasqualoni we really should have hired June Jones or someone similar and gone 5 wide. Hopefully Anae does well but hes not that type of OC and our QB/WR situation is extremely suspect RN.

because they would like to actually sell tickets. you start doing that then it's hard to go back to a normal business model.

Free student tickets is a no brainer and should have been done a long time ago.

Can't give away tickets to anyone else for free.

There is no point in game day low ball promotions stubhub and the resale sites typically have tickets for next to nothing.

There is no point in game day low ball promotions stubhub and the resale sites typically have tickets for next to nothing.
I agree.
IF they give away tickets to non-students in the wake of fairly substantial price hikes...people are not going to be happy.

The tickets would be for minors not their parents. Is it better to have an empty or full Dome? It is what brings the next generation of fans. You are also talking the upper section. Not 100s.

I agree.
IF they give away tickets to non-students in the wake of fairly substantial price hikes...people are not going to be happy.
We don't have to give away free tickets. Just create the appearance of a sell-out. I keep saying there are thousands of mannequins in the abandoned JCP, Lord & Taylor, and Bon-Ton facilities throughout the county. It's really not this F-in difficult to pull off.

We don't have to give away free tickets. Just create the appearance of a sell-out. I keep saying there are thousands of mannequins in the abandoned JCP, Lord & Taylor, and Bon-Ton facilities throughout the county. It's really not this F-in difficult to pull off.
It’ll be Sept, not Oct.

Respect the hustle, but this even weirded me out.

Bring live local bands in the quad. Food and beer trucks. Large TV screens in the quad to watch games prior to the start of the SU game. Make it a party atmosphere. That will generate pre game interest and will excite the fans for the game.
Better yet, pay kids to go out and rake leaves for adults so the adults can go to the game. SU gets money-paying fans, kids get a legitimate income, leaves get raked. Win, win, win.

Better yet, pay kids to go out and rake leaves for adults so the adults can go to the game. SU gets money-paying fans, kids get a legitimate income, leaves get raked. Win, win, win.
Pay football players to do it the day before or after. I hear the going rate is $10,000

This is fair, but I disagree with bits. Whenever we do this kind of quick overview, we assume that our conference opponents all stayed the same. History tells us they will all *not be* what they were. Some will be better and some will be worse.

PITT, UVA, and Clemson are all replacing coordinators. PITT is replacing an OC and QB.

And close games are not a wash as you suggest (win some, lose some), respectfully. They are proof of a competitive team. Which is a very good sign.
I was all in on this post and then remembered that we also replaced coordinators in the off season …

if the WRs make a jump anything is possible.,
If Shrader has put in the work all summer to improve his passing accuracy, there is no telling what this offense can do. With Tucker running the ball with the option of Shrader taking off (with improved passing accuracy) this offense will be hard to stop. The offense was mediocre last year because of the poor O line (injuries), dropped passes by the WR and Shrader’s inability to complete passes. I think Shrader will drastically improve this year helping the team win more games. He seems like the kind of kid that does not like to lose and will put in the required work to win.

No Sports Book in North Carolina. It would be nice to bet on individual Syracuse games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom