Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

If Colseyto UVA true then based off IL recruiting list ithese are numbers if Im counting right

#5 stars and #4 stars

UVA 4 and 2
Cuse 2 and 4
UNC 2 and 3,
ND 1and 5
Duke 0 and 4

So, who has the better class so far? Cuse or UVA?

UNC should probably be part of the discussion too. All three have done outstanding so far and there isn't a whole lot separating them at this point. So it comes down mostly to personal preference. Hard to argue with Cuse getting the #1 player along with Kempney and a handful of 4-stars but gun to my head I'd probably still go with UVA based on how balanced the top of that class is. A top 3 attackman, the top midfielder, the top FOGO, and 4-stars on D and in goal and now Colsey. Not as deep (yet) as Cuse or UNC but my assumption is they will still grab a few more 4-stars that are out there.

Jeez 91 points as a freshman in Fairfield County is no slouch

He's a very good player that I think most years SU would be all over. However, with Leo and Spallina in the fold already I think SU probably wasn't in the cards.

Jeez 91 points as a freshman in Fairfield County is no slouch
Watching him as a freshman there was no doubt he was a player, but some of that point total seemed inflated by the offense running through him. However seeing his latest highlights from the summer, he looks like he's improved tremendously. Much more fluid and he's definitely grown a bit. A year ago I would have said Darien's 2022 attack man was the better player in spite of seeing mop up time vs. Colsey's 91 points for Ridgefield, but now I'm not so sure.

My bad , thought IL had Colsey as 5 star so change UVA list above to 3 and 3 instead of 4 and 2

Interesting outcome since Roy Colsey has been very vocal on social media advocating for Syracuse. But sons can certainly follow their own path. Gary Gait's son went to Princeton after all. Hopefully a certain attackman in Maryland is coming to the conclusion that its not a big deal to play for your father's rival.

UNC should probably be part of the discussion too. All three have done outstanding so far and there isn't a whole lot separating them at this point. So it comes down mostly to personal preference. Hard to argue with Cuse getting the #1 player along with Kempney and a handful of 4-stars but gun to my head I'd probably still go with UVA based on how balanced the top of that class is. A top 3 attackman, the top midfielder, the top FOGO, and 4-stars on D and in goal and now Colsey. Not as deep (yet) as Cuse or UNC but my assumption is they will still grab a few more 4-stars that are out there.
I'm just excited that Syracuse is even in the discussion of having a top recruiting class, it's been a while. I don't know if they are the top recruiting class, but I really like the players in it so far.

Appreciate the numbers and stats Mike is trying to provide. But Cuse doesn't lead in commits in the '22 class. Notre Dame has 10 (not 5). Cornell has 10 (not 3). Cuse has 9 (not 7). Maryland has 7 (not 4). These new numbers are according to Inside Lacrosse, not LaxRecords.

Sorry Xtreme, no McCool/Cool tandem for the Orange.

UNC and Breschi , as is UVA, again getting their usual haul of top ranked talent with 2022 class, 3 -five stars, 4 -4stars and 1 -3 star so far.

You know that ACC conference is a monster draw when Duke is the laggard so far