Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

Anyone know what this could be in reference to? Not even sure it's about recruiting. There is a lot going on.

Anyone know what this could be in reference to? Not even sure it's about recruiting. There is a lot going on.

1601559379599.gif

What did it say? It’s deleted now.

Something about Thursday being a great day in the Fall? And a gif of a guy ripping a chair in two. Again, a lot going on. Sorry, should have taken a screen grab I guess.

How many 5 stars are left on the board? :cool:
Only 1 a defenseman out of Brunswick. Believe his name is Charlie Johnson. In one of this write-ups Xanders mentioned that he was looking at Ivies.

This kid is really good. Surprised he wasn't a five star. I thought he was the fourth best attack man in the class. He'll probably start as a midfielder at Duke considering how many lefties they have at attack.

It's worth noting that not every 4 star is listed in Inside Lacrosse' database right now. A bunch have just materialized there AFTER committing to a school. For instance, neither Kuczynski nor Wandoff were listed as 4 stars on IL until after they committed to Syracuse, at which point they appeared in the list of 4 stars. Long story short: There are more 4 stars available than what you can currently see on the IL website. That is doubly true for 3 stars. A ton of those weren't initially listed on IL but have come out of nowhere once they committed. The 5 stars however are set in stone and abclaxfan is correct in that the only one left is Johnson.

As for the 4 stars who are publicly listed, I suspect Cuse will be in the mix for Jake East, a midfielder out of California.

He SPLIT the chair in two, clearly implying we secured a recruit with a nice split dodge.
The two pieces had two legs, you need two legs for a nice split lodge could it be two commits with nice spilt dodges.
my god!

It's worth noting that not every 4 star is listed in Inside Lacrosse' database right now. A bunch have just materialized there AFTER committing to a school. For instance, neither Kuczynski nor Wandoff were listed as 4 stars on IL until after they committed to Syracuse, at which point they appeared in the list of 4 stars. Long story short: There are more 4 stars available than what you can currently see on the IL website. That is doubly true for 3 stars. A ton of those weren't initially listed on IL but have come out of nowhere once they committed. The 5 stars however are set in stone and abclaxfan is correct in that the only one left is Johnson.

As for the 4 stars who are publicly listed, I suspect Cuse will be in the mix for Jake East, a midfielder out of California.

Great observation. Wonder how many kids get "graded up" because they commit to a particular school? Obviously I hope this doesn't happen with the SU guys, but have to imagine evaluators become biased on some level based on where a kid commits to.

FWIW IL lists a "Interested Players" in their database. We discussed it during last year's recruiting cycle, and it is not an exact science. Not every kid makes a list, and the percentages they give out don't always equal 100. It looks like Truit Sunderland did list himself as interested in SU. Jake East, mentioned above, lists himself as interested in Syracuse. Scroll to the bottom to check it out -

Great observation. Wonder how many kids get "graded up" because they commit to a particular school? Obviously I hope this doesn't happen with the SU guys, but have to imagine evaluators become biased on some level based on where a kid commits to.

FWIW IL lists a "Interested Players" in their database. We discussed it during last year's recruiting cycle, and it is not an exact science. Not every kid makes a list, and the percentages they give out don't always equal 100. It looks like Truit Sunderland did list himself as interested in SU. Jake East, mentioned above, lists himself as interested in Syracuse. Scroll to the bottom to check it out -

In fairness, several of the guys who got 4 stars after they committed were guys I was really surprised not to see in the initial list of 4 and 5 stars. Kuczynski, Malachi Jones (McDonogh/UVA), Will McCulloch (SSSA/Loyola), Kai Prohaszka (Ridgefield/UNC) in particular come to mind.

Foy and Xanders discuss Syracuse and Joey Spallina from about the 25 to 40 minute mark here and there are lots of good tidbits. Unsurprisingly they are very high on the '22 class (words like "crushin'" it are thrown around loosely) and they compare Spallina to Matt Rambo. Won't try and summarize the entire conversation since I think it's worth listening to but it is very encouraging.

Foy and Xanders discuss Syracuse and Joey Spallina from about the 25 to 40 minute mark here and there are lots of good tidbits. Unsurprisingly they are very high on the '22 class (words like "crushin'" it are thrown around loosely) and they compare Spallina to Matt Rambo. Won't try and summarize the entire conversation since I think it's worth listening to but it is very encouraging.

Listened to it yesterday, thought they had some good takes and echoed a lot of things that we have been touchign on here with how great the class looks. They were both really high on Spallina obviously and Dwan. Sounds like an extra star is coming to a couple of the guys as well. Thought it was interesting that I believe TY noted he had heard rumblings from other staffs that SU was out offering a lot of $$ which isn't always the case. They also mentioned the issued with the decomitts in the 2020 class and the lack of star power on the 2021 class.