Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

No team has done less with more than Corrigan's Irish in recent years. (Well, maybe Hopkins, but that's why Petro is now out of a job). A top recruiting class every single year but no Final Fours since 2015 and just three tournament wins since then. In 2019 they were 2-3 and looking like they'd miss the NCAA tournament entirely. I wouldn't be too worried about this recruiting haul. He has not proven he's able to turn all that talent into a championship caliber team. And now without Byrne orchestrating the defense I'd expect a not insignificant drop-off in execution on that end of the field. In my eyes, the tougher ACC competition will remain three "southern schools"—UNC, UVA, and Duke.
Pretty much agree. If not for the 2016 championship and looking good at the start of 2020, I would say the same thing about Breschi and the Heels.

Hopefully this doesn't mean his kid was named a starter at Nebraska...

Great catch OE, definitely curious if this means a big time commit, would have to think so.

I have no idea who is committing to what school. Please clarify

We don't know either. Rogers posted a tweet that seems to be hinting at a commit or some other big news for the lax team.

Hopefully this doesn't mean his kid was named a starter at Nebraska...

Hmmmm I wonder if we jumped the gun a bit with it being related to a commit now that nothing has come out.

Hmmmm I wonder if we jumped the gun a bit with it being related to a commit now that nothing has come out.

I was thinking the same thing! Still curious why he'd send that out on a random day though...maybe something internal, who knows.

Still hoping a few commits drop over the next couple of days.

Maybe they just started Fall Ball?

Ya I kind of thought the same thing to be honest. That said the Boom part of the tweet is usually referencing a school getting a big commit but that could also be the fact that most of us on here are insane and follow this stuff way to closely. In retrospect it probably wasn't recruit related.

I was thinking the same thing! Still curious why he'd send that out on a random day though...maybe something internal, who knows.

Still hoping a few commits drop over the next couple of days.

Ya as OE noted could have been the start of internal fall ball or something else SU lax related but it definitely gave the vibe of a big recruit win. I wasn't necessarily thinking Spallina but clearly somebody in the upper tier. Hopefully like you said we will hear or see some news over the next couple of days.

Ya as OE noted could have been the start of internal fall ball or something else SU lax related but it definitely gave the vibe of a big recruit win. I wasn't necessarily thinking Spallina but clearly somebody in the upper tier. Hopefully like you said we will hear or see some news over the next couple of days.
I feel silly reading into this stuff, but the choice of "BOOM" in the tweet almost definitely implies that we landed a recruit. I'm sure we will hear something very soon.

I feel silly reading into this stuff, but the choice of "BOOM" in the tweet almost definitely implies that we landed a recruit. I'm sure we will hear something very soon.

Agreed, definitely feels weird trying to decipher this stuff but its hard no to come to that conclusion.

His son Casey would have been unstoppable attackman with his size, strength and dexterity. Kid had skills and was very athletic. Assorted injuries have held him back so far at Nebraska but could see him starting and being a good player if at full health. Keeping fingers crossed that football and lacrosse come off without any stoppages.

Happy to get a player from the Annapolis Hawks team but not the high-end offensive recruit I was hoping for based on Lelan's tweet...we've got two tweets and one recruit, where's the 2nd one lol.

I don't know a lot about Trujilo but what I have seen so far is promising. Was a starter on one of the best club teams in the country and is a natural SSDM which is so important in today's game. A high end offensive recruit would be nice as well, lol.

Happy to get a player from the Annapolis Hawks team but not the high-end offensive recruit I was hoping for based on Lelan's tweet...we've got two tweets and one recruit, where's the 2nd one lol.

Maybe he's counting Mercado as the 1st recruit?