Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

Good stuff in here, thanks for posting! Beardsley does bring up Dom Petro's as a possibility but not sure if he is just wishful thinking or he knows something. Also makes a good point that it's really good to have Spallina's dad, Joe, on the Orange side, seeing that he's the coach of Team 91. And there are three younger Spallinas that are supposedly good players themselves. Encouraging and nice to hear that the alums are being more involved in recruiting.

I cannot say with 100% certainty but I have it on very good authority that Dom Petro is focusing on other schools, not Syracuse. Penn State and Loyola remain strong possibilities.

Cuse signed another defensemen from Florida...George Wandoff. That might be what Rogers was gif'ing about

Wonder if there is enough room for Ryan Colsey in this class?

Last edited:
Leo is a lefty isn't he? Not that it's impossible for a school to take multiple lefty attackmen in one class (they do all the time) but Colsey might be looking for a place where he'd have a better chance of starting/less competition for touches at the same spot. Just conjecture, don't know anything. I'm sure he's still in the mix as a legacy.

Leo is a lefty isn't he? Not that it's impossible for a school to take multiple lefty attackmen in one class (they do all the time) but Colsey might be looking for a place where he'd have a better chance of starting/less competition for touches at the same spot. Just conjecture, don't know anything. I'm sure he's still in the mix as a legacy.

FWIW Beardsley thought Leo would move to midfield at SU.

Being an old guy, I am quick to support the veteran staff when things go well for SU, but at this point, I feel compelled to give a lot of credit to March for what is clearly a significant recruiting advance. I base this as much on what I perceive to be an improved offensive structure in the truncated season a few months ago as I do the exciting commitments of the last few months. The offense played as well as any I can remember in the previous few years. The ball moved fast, found open space with ridiculous frequency, and found the net consistently. Do not underestimate the influence that kind of play has on recruits. If he can sell his ideas to a veteran team like he did a few months ago, he can probably also sell kids on the team, its traditions and the future they can have committing to SU. I am sure Rogers and Desko contributed significantly to the recruiting effort, so kudos to all.

261E8ED3-DF37-4A16-86CF-9B664EA1BFF7.jpeg

How many five stars are left?
Six Five including Petro. From what I've read, former long time Hopkins assistant Billy Dwan's son is also a five-star recruit.

Is there a commit site, IL has the players but not where they committed to, you have to go through every player one by one.

Is there a commit site, IL has the players but not where they committed to, you have to go through every player one by one.
Might not translate on mobile but if you filter the recruits page by 2022 they list in star order with commitment school.