Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

I might be wrong but it looks like the 4 stars may be ranked alphabetically which is why it appears that so many players dropped.
You have to be right lol. It was especially confusing since they had ranking numbers next to the 5 stars which were actually correct and looked exactly the same as the other numbers next to the four stars names. Zawada would have really taken a drop!

On the IL recruiting database, it looks like none of the players outside of the top 10 have a ranking, just stars.

Zack, there are a lot of good high school lacrosse players. Dropping from 40 to 100 or so isn't that big of a drop. Normally I give IL the benefit of the doubt when they rank incoming freshmen and there are big changes, because they've gathered so much more information than they had the year before when the previous rankings were done and this is their BIG list that they work towards. They try to get it as right as possible. Also, they have some very interesting information this year, which is how these players have been doing in fall ball with their college teams. Normally they don't have that because they publish the list in September. So, they have about 2 months of fall info that they normally don't have.

I think as some of the other posters have mentioned that it probably was just an alphabetical listing of the 4-stars.
Goforth was at 74, Hansen was at 78, and Wicks and Zappitello were out at around 150 for the Terps.

The UA All-American team that I linked to was picked in July and I don't think much has happened since then. So I doubt much has changed since then. Without fallball scrimmages, I doubt that they were able to garner too much from fall ball.

For those of you scoring at home (and I know you are)... looks like the entire Class of 2021 has signed.

Everyone has either been acknowledged by SU, or we found tweets/instas.

Intriguing class and relieved everyone signed. This group is overlooked, sandwiched between the Owen Hiltz led '20 class and the star-studded '22 class, but I hope this group is able to make contributions. I am most intrigued by the midfielders coming on board, as I think this class was put together with the thought that the position in question would need holes filled. Curry, Quinn, Lipka - now transferred, and Seebold were all due to graduate when this class joins next fall, and even Dordevic will have been on campus for four years. Now all besides Lipka could be back for an extra year, with only one spot on the first two lines potentially opening up in '22 (Trimboli). Some may decide to move on, but that is still quite a log jam, especially considering players like Magnan, Fiorni, Rosa and '20 class are all waiting in the wings.

Borges, Corsi, Rice and White all look very athletic, and have good size. Trying to look ahead a full year is usually a fools errand but their best bet to get on the field might be at defense, since, as IT pointed out, three rotation players will be graduating. In TWO years, with Curry and Buttermore definitely gone, it will be interesting to see who fills those spots, hopefully next to Dordevic if he decides to stay that long.

I think we all find ourselves projecting what the starting lineups will be years down the line - attack is most likely to be Cook, Scanlan Hiltz next year, and the year after that they figure out someway to get Spallina involved, if, hopefully Scanlan and Cook are still playing. Midfield has a lot more moving parts, but its definitely not as clear cut to figure out who will be starting in two years, as it with the attack.

Outside of the midfield, I think Rolley could compete for the starting goalkeeper job, and Fine looks like he could be the main FOGO down the road. Not as flashy as the classes ahead and behind it but still plenty to be excited about.

Intriguing class and relieved everyone signed. This group is overlooked, sandwiched between the Owen Hiltz led '20 class and the star-studded '22 class, but I hope this group is able to make contributions. I am most intrigued by the midfielders coming on board, as I think this class was put together with the thought that the position in question would need holes filled. Curry, Quinn, Lipka - now transferred, and Seebold were all due to graduate when this class joins next fall, and even Dordevic will have been on campus for four years. Now all besides Lipka could be back for an extra year, with only one spot on the first two lines potentially opening up in '22 (Trimboli). Some may decide to move on, but that is still quite a log jam, especially considering players like Magnan, Fiorni, Rosa and '20 class are all waiting in the wings.

Borges, Corsi, Rice and White all look very athletic, and have good size. Trying to look ahead a full year is usually a fools errand but their best bet to get on the field might be at defense, since, as IT pointed out, three rotation players will be graduating. In TWO years, with Curry and Buttermore definitely gone, it will be interesting to see who fills those spots, hopefully next to Dordevic if he decides to stay that long.

I think we all find ourselves projecting what the starting lineups will be years down the line - attack is most likely to be Cook, Scanlan Hiltz next year, and the year after that they figure out someway to get Spallina involved, if, hopefully Scanlan and Cook are still playing. Midfield has a lot more moving parts, but its definitely not as clear cut to figure out who will be starting in two years, as it with the attack.

Outside of the midfield, I think Rolley could compete for the starting goalkeeper job, and Fine looks like he could be the main FOGO down the road. Not as flashy as the classes ahead and behind it but still plenty to be excited about.

Good take / Agree with all except wonder if Cook gets a starting attack job back /a lot of young talent will compete, Birtwhistle, for example , if as advertised , could pass over..but who knows

Isn’t Rehfuss coming back?

I am quite confident that is not happening. My inside source is Mr. Sense, Common Sense.

Oh absolutely, was just pointing out how absurd that is. I mean look could something happen where Joey ultimately decommitted, anything is possible but Stony Brook makes zero sense even with his dad there as the womens coach.

I doubt it's Spallina, but I do suspect it's a 5-star. Otherwise the build-up seems kind of unnecessary.

Whoever it is, it for sure won't be the last significant flip of this class

I mean, if Behrman decides he wants to stay home & play alongside his good buddy Spallina, I’d be totally cool with it :). ND did just recently flip a top ‘21 lefty off-ball attackman.

Love that Xanders teases a major switch coming shortly and then 5 hours later absolutely noting still.

Love that Xanders teases a major switch coming shortly and then 5 hours later absolutely noting still.
Decided to wake up this morning and make every fan base with a good 2022 class sweat.