Recruiting 2020-2022 | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2020-2022

Im eager to spill on something as well but shouldn't before it is officially announced by party so wont tease any or have I already done so?
Damn damn damn

Im eager to spill on something as well but shouldn't before it is officially announced by party so wont tease any or have I already done so?
I want you, Ty, and whoever else has something to say to say it as soon as is humanly possible.

If I tweeted, this is when I'd come in and scoop Ty

It's Ben Spinelli, a middie from Taft, flipping from Brown to Notre Dame

If I tweeted, this is when I'd come in and scoop Ty

It's Ben Spinelli, a middie from Taft, flipping from Brown to Notre Dame
Didn’t that happen already? Feel like I recognize that name in an earlier flipping convo.

Didn’t that happen already? Feel like I recognize that name in an earlier flipping convo.

Don't think so, pretty sure this was made official today. The Riccardelli brothers from Taft both flipped to ND recently which is probably what Ty was referring to.

Solid 4-star but kind of underwhelming given the build-up. Was expecting one of the top 10-15 guys

Don't think so, pretty sure this was made official today. The Riccardelli brothers from Taft both flipped to ND recently which is probably what Ty was referring to.

Solid 4-star but kind of underwhelming given the build-up. Was expecting one of the top 10-15 guys
Ahhh gotcha. Spinelli, Riccardelli, you understand my confusion.

FWIW, Spinelli is originally from Skaneateles, NY

Pretty much all kids that board at prep school are from somewhere else. Is he a Skaneateles kid who boards at Taft, or is his family from Skaneateles and have moved away? Also, this would be the third Upstate (insert your preferred definition) 2022 kid to commit to ND I think.

"Absolute freaks" in the class of '25. :rolleyes: These kids dont even shave yet. I can out lift all of them, and outrun most of them. And I'm a fat 40 year old former baseball player. You'd think ending early recruiting would have done away with this stuff. There are kids in that class year who havent even held a stick yet that will become college lacrosse players.

Long for the days of old. Like was simpler and cheaper

Every sport has been commercialized

You'd think ending early recruiting would have done away with this stuff. There are kids in that class year who havent even held a stick yet that will become college lacrosse players.
It has ended it from a college coach's perspective. But not from people using these events to make money. They make sure to get big name recruits and coaches to show up, and then convince every parent and kid out there with money that they need to attend to be considered one of the best. Unfortunately too many people buy into it. This "One Percent Showcase" is $500 for a 1-day event.

It has ended it from a college coach's perspective. But not from people using these events to make money. They make sure to get big name recruits and coaches to show up, and then convince every parent and kid out there with money that they need to attend to be considered one of the best. Unfortunately too many people buy into it. This "One Percent Showcase" is $500 for a 1-day event.

So you have to be in the "one percent" to afford it? The Shrmdougluvrs do pretty well, so I will acknowledge my hypocrisy, but there's nothing like dropping Shrmdougluvr Jr off for club lax on a Sunday morning and seeing all the idling Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions, and suped-up pick ups. It's like a Presidential motorcade. I don't even live in a particularly affluent area.

Last edited:
So you have to be in the "one percent" to afford it? The Shrmdougluvrs do pretty well, so I will acknowledge my hypocrisy, but there's nothing like dropping Shrmdougluvr Jr off for club lax on a Sunday morning and seeing all the idling Tahoes, Suburbans, Expeditions, and suped-up pick ups. It's like a Presidential motorcade. I don't even live in a particularly affluent area.

I think that’s reason No. 3 why I hate club lacrosse.