Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

I don’t think he understands the concept of time and space cause he doesn’t need it.
Super creative.
Can use both hands.
Scores in varety of ways.
That btb pass on the doorstep omggg.

Sign me up.
Szewczyk has a list on IL and Syracuse is not on it: OSU, UNC, Cornell, Harvard, ND

three of them are 5-stars and top 18 though lol

also still in play for laake

really curious where Eye ends up
either going to wallow in obscurity or be part of a phoenix like renaissance. hop.

kid looks like he's been bouncing at the vous for years.
The vous (Rendezvous Inn) in College Park has been gone for a long time. It started to lose business in the mid 1980s when the drinking age for beer moved from 18 up to 21 in Maryland - and most students could not drink there. I believe it closed down in the early 1990s. The building is now something like the Corner Grill.
The bouncers back in the vous' heyday did tend to be rather well-built and of good size.
I recall that a pitcher of Budweiser cost $1.95 there in like 77-78. Although, you did have to put a dollar deposit down for the pitcher.

9/50 left to go. Gotta imagine by the end of the week may only be a couple players left there.

Luca DiBartolomao is the lone top 50 LSM left. He does not have SU listed on his list of schools.

some observations as we hit october

- Rutgers is still not remotely in the mix for any top players. Sad trombone
- Ohio State struggling a bit this cycle
- Only two 4-stars for Georgetown so far, i think they'll be fine but maybe a result of Phipps leaving?
- On the flip side, NINE 4-stars for Navy. It's time for them to start winning for real
- Cuse and Hop are doing fine. One big season for either of them and it could be back into the top tier
- Princeton's rise is coming at the expense of Yale. Penn/Cornell doing about as expected. Cornell's maybe a bit underwhelming coming off their title game appearance
- mildly surprised UNC is still landing all these top recruits given they've stunk lately and Breschi is entering the final year of his contract but as i've mentioned before, at the end of the day the school simply recruits itself. kids wanna go to chapel hill. good school, good sports, good weather, hot girls. doesn't really matter how good they've been or who the coach is
- this is already shaping up to be Maryland's best class in awhile and that is a scary thought

- Only two 4-stars for Georgetown so far, i think they'll be fine but maybe a result of Phipps leaving?
- On the flip side, NINE 4-stars for Navy. It's time for them to start winning for real
- Cuse and Hop are doing fine. One big season for either of them and it could be back into the top tier
- Princeton's rise is coming at the expense of Yale. Penn/Cornell doing about as expected. Cornell's maybe a bit underwhelming coming off their title game appearance
- mildly surprised UNC is still landing all these top recruits given they've stunk lately and Breschi is entering the final year of his contract but as i've mentioned before, at the end of the day the school simply recruits itself. kids wanna go to chapel hill. good school, good sports, good weather, hot girls. doesn't really matter how good they've been or who the coach is
- this is already shaping up to be Maryland's best class in awhile and that is a scary thought
Wanna take a crack at predicting the last nine of the top 50?

That second face-off man, ranked #32, Reid Gills (Severn) certainly looms large on the uncommitted list.

w.t.f. is with lacrosse media? they're the tigers now? and with that backdrop, anyone's supposed to believe whether this guy *knows* he'll be a 4 year starter? is he aware they were seeded in the nc$$ last year?

w.t.f. is with lacrosse media? they're the tigers now? and with that backdrop, anyone's supposed to believe whether this guy *knows* he'll be a 4 year starter? is he aware they were seeded in the nc$$ last year?
I think its in reference to his high school team-- Ridgefield's mascot is a tiger and he will be a 4 year starter for them.

unc was the #1 seed in 2021. made the ff and lost by a goal to the eventual champ.

year before they were 7 games undefeated. in 2022 they weren't worldbeaters but beat some good teams and finished over .500. it hasn't been purgatory. and probably more time up for grabs for '24s than anyone else in the acc.

unc was the #1 seed in 2021. made the ff and lost by a goal to the eventual champ.

year before they were 7 games undefeated. in 2022 they weren't worldbeaters but beat some good teams and finished over .500. it hasn't been purgatory. and probably more time up for grabs for '24s than anyone else in the acc.
why hasn't breschi been extended then? they're letting him enter 2023 as a lame duck

Wanna take a crack at predicting the last nine of the top 50?
I'm only seeing 8 (not sure if one of these recent commits was in the top 50) but here are my guesses:
#20 - Ben Firlie - M - Duke [Maryland, Johns Hopkins]
#25 - Austin Hicks - A - Ohio State [Michigan, Penn]
#32 - Reid Gillis - FO - Virginia [Maryland, Ohio State]
#36 - Lucca Dibartolomeo - LSM - North Carolina [Duke, Penn State]
#41 - Lucas Laforge - A - Penn State [Georgetown, Michigan]
#45 - Matthew McIntee - M - Syracuse [Cornell, North Carolina]
#46 - Luke Warrington - M - Duke [Notre Dame, Princeton]
#47 - Ian Dykes - M - Harvard [Duke, Penn]

Just guesses based on who is committed to each school or who they have listed on their IL profile. No clue if we have any shot at McIntee but I wanted to predict that we get 1 more top 50 guy and we only have 1 midfielder committed so I went with the long island kid out of the 4 available.

Maryland really doesn't get many McDonogh recruits. Ivy league schools are often popular with them. So I might guess Ivy league for Firlie.

Penn State already has a left-hand attackman in this class in Dylan Jaszcz, so PSU doesn't seem that likely for Laforge.