Recruiting Excitement Quiz..... | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Excitement Quiz.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
I am just curious in order about which recruits this board is most excited about. My order:

1. Ennis - he is our most important recruit in terms of combining position need and talent.

2. McCullough - Our highest rated recruit with still another year to improve his skills.

3. Mike G - Such length at the top of the zone - more experienced than the others & still garmondo upside.

4. BJ - Sounds like he has incredible upside

5. Roberson - Sounds like he will be a tiger underneath

6. Patterson - He is under-rated - maybe even by myself as well by only ranking him 5 out of our 6.

7. Chino - He was probably a project to begin with & he has been hurt most of the season. Hard to get too excited right now, but time will tell.

I should have included Mike G - my amended list above.

If this thread takes off, I will take it upon myself to compile the results in a week or so.

Great idea!
I'm going to preface my vote by saying I put McCullough last in fairness to the guys coming in 2003, although I have a good feeling he will be an uberstud forward.
  1. Roberson - A little biased as I saw one of his games live. Kid's a bull, there's no doubt. Blocks shots, one of his coaches said best rebounder in the state, ridiculous inside outside game. I'm psyched we got him over Lawrence, just seems tougher.
  2. Ennis - Could be a great floor general, and he will be tested early. Seems to do everything right, and makes his teammates better as a point guard should.
  3. BJ - Like Jerami Grant, I expect him to be 8'3 by the time he arrives ;) Looks like he can shoot, finish, rebound, play defense. Something about being a lefty spells trouble for our opponents, and I love the feedback from Bobby, his dad. To add, when he announced his choice in Syracuse, he said something to the effect of 'Most importantly, I can't wait to help my team win this season and compete for a state title'. Talk about having your immediate priorities correct!
  4. Patterson - I like his outside shot, and I love his defense. I see a lot of steals coming for the "Buss" down the road time.
  5. Chino - This guy is going to be an important interior defender for us, and excellent attitude.
  6. McCullough - Dare I say John Wallace like potential, but better above the rim? Very excited, but like I said, since most or all of the other guys are coming in next year, I reserve my excitement for 2014.

1a. Gbinje
1b. Mccullough
2. Ennis
3. Roberson
4. BJ
5. Patt
6. Chino

but i'm pretty excited about all of them.

Great idea!
I'm going to preface my vote by saying I put McCullough last in fairness to the guys coming in 2003, although I have a good feeling he will be an uberstud forward.
  1. Roberson - A little biased as I saw one of his games live. Kid's a bull, there's no doubt. Blocks shots, one of his coaches said best rebounder in the state, ridiculous inside outside game. I'm psyched we got him over Lawrence, just seems tougher.
  2. Ennis - Could be a great floor general, and he will be tested early. Seems to do everything right, and makes his teammates better as a point guard should.
  3. BJ - Like Jerami Grant, I expect him to be 8'3 by the time he arrives ;) Looks like he can shoot, finish, rebound, play defense. Something about being a lefty spells trouble for our opponents, and I love the feedback from Bobby, his dad. To add, when he announced his choice in Syracuse, he said something to the effect of 'Most importantly, I can't wait to help my team win this season and compete for a state title'. Talk about having your immediate priorities correct!
  4. Patterson - I like his outside shot, and I love his defense. I see a lot of steals coming for the Bus down the road time.
  5. Chino - This guy is going to be an important interior defender for us, and excellent attitude.
  6. McCullough - Dare I say John Wallace like potential, but better above the rim? Very excited, but like I said, since most or all of the other guys are coming in next year, I reserve my excitement for 2014.

I can't take your post über seriously!

I was just messing with you because of the uber word. I couldn't find the faces though

Exactly
Still looking for the faces? When you type in the textbox, above, next to the font controls. The happy face is the one you pick to select different ones. Either that, or your browser window didn't fully "repaint". If it's not there sometimes, just refresh the page or press F5.
:p:cool::D

Still looking for the faces? When you type in the textbox, above, next to the font controls. The happy face is the one you pick to select different ones. Either that, or your browser window didn't fully "repaint". If it's not there sometimes, just refresh the page or press F5.
Too bad they don't have an Oh face

Too bad they don't have an Oh face

Oh, they have an O Face.

o-face.jpg

I have a hard time picking and order for this, I guess whichever guy I'm thinking about at the time . . . . until I consider the next guy. If you count Silent G we have a PG, 3 wings, a PF and a Center comimg in next season. With the possible exception of Chino (injury) I think all the other guys could play big minutes and contribute if needed next season.

I think it is because I'm on an iPad. It doesn't pop up...I guess no o face.

1. Ennis
2. Gbinje
3. Roberson
4. BJ
5. Patt
6. Chino

1. Mccullough

1.The Creator
2.The Beast
3.McCullough(somebody give me a good nickname for him)
4.Mike G
5.BJ
6.Buss
7.Chino XL

Newmexi, where the hell is the quiz? You had me thinking we were going to be playing a fun little game trying to answer questions like, what's Robersons favorite nighttime snack? In terms of importance and most excited about, I have to go with 1) Ty Rob...hustles, rebounds, range...high ceiling...can't wait! 2) Ennis, true floor general, obvious importance in regards to position and I love that he loves cuse! 3) BJ, think he will end up being the steal of the class and a fan favorite. 4) silent G, he's going to be good...athletic, versatile, and should be great on defense with a yr under his belt. 5) Buss, prolly won't see a ton of time first yr but looks like a great defender and scorers mentality. I could be totally wrong about how much time he see's and that would be fine with me. 6) Chino. If he brings energy, rebounds, and knows his role and assignments... .I will be thrilled. Prolly be a red shirt candidate and that may be the best thing.

1.The Creator
2.The Beast
3.McCullough(somebody give me a good nickname for him)
4.Mike G
5.BJ
6.Buss
7.Chino XL
Chris "Boogie Down" McCullough, out of the Bronx
Or from the following videos,
Chris "The Hammer" McCullough
Part 1

Chris "Boogie Down" McCullough, out of the Bronx
Or From the following videos,
Chris "The Hammer" McCullough
Part 2
Brings this one from behind his head, just filthy.

I love this quiz, because it mirrors what I do every year. I like to rank each recruit SU gets on a scale from 1 -10. I've done it with every recruit since '02. Its fun to see how things turn out relative to my expectations.

Here is the scale I go by. 1 & 2's are bad back ups who I think will be an off the court disaster for some reason. 3 &4's are bad back ups. 5's are good back ups or bad starters. 6's are guys who will eventually become good starters. 7's are good starters. 8's are perfect fits for SU's system. 9's are special recruits capable of taking us to a different level. 10's are once in a generation type recruits.

For this class I have:

Roberson - 8 - He is the kind of long athletic forward that makes the SU system work.

Gbinije - 7 - Boeheim doesn't take many chances on transfers. Odds are he will be good for us.

McCullough - 7 - He's more of a 6.5 in my mind but if I have to put him in a group, I have to go with a 7. If I thought he'd be here two years I'd have him as a 9 but for a one and done, 7 sounds right.

Ennis - 6 - I have not been overly impressed with what I've seen of him (dont think he's athletic enough) but I have not seen him play yet this year and he seems to be tearing it up, plus the staff is high on him and that's enough for me. I still worry about his ability to contribute from day 1 though.

Patterson - 6 - With his length and his ability to shoot the ball I think he will be great at the top of our zone, but it might take him a few years to round into form.

Obokoh - 5 - Not sure I see him as a long term starter, but I think he might be an exceptional back up center (which is a vital role on any team) in the mold of a rich man's Keita.

For perspective, last year I had Coleman as a 9 - I still think he's going to be a monster for us, and Grant as an 8 (although if I was ranking I would place Grant ahead of Roberson). The year before I had Carter-Williams as a 9 (If I was ranking he would be ahead of Coleman), Christmas as a 7, and Cooney as a 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom