Recruiting Updates | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Malachi now uses his left hand to dribble and penetrate in the lane. And lesson learned if you've been watching?
Yes. He drew the foul again. ;)

And that was my 10,000th post.

I'm just going to leave it at that for now. Malachi hits 1 of 2 and ends up 8 of 9 from the line. He's already done most of his damage to poor, poor NY Lightning. You know what they say. You mess with the Malachi. You get the horns. Every single time.

Malachi now uses his left hand to dribble and penetrate in the lane. And lesson learned if you've been watching?
Yes. He drew the foul again. ;)

And that was my 10,000th post.

I'm just going to leave it at that for now. Malachi hits 1 of 2 and ends up 8 of 9 from the line. He's already done most of his damage to poor, poor NY Lightning. You know what they say. You mess with the Malachi. You get the horns. Every single time.
and 10,000 quality posts :Etoo

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/05/516-news-and-notes.html
Yall can check out updates for the day in the link above.

Thanks for the game updates Tee. Love how Malachi is rounding out his game now by being more aggressive attacking the rim. His 3pt shooting numbers haven't been great overall so far in EYBL play, but his free throw numbers have been really good. He's averaging about 8 free throw attempts per game.

Last edited:
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/05/516-news-and-notes.html
Yall can check out updates for the day in the link above.

Thanks for the game updates Tee. Love how Malachi is rounding out his game now by being more aggressive attacking the rim. His 3pt shooting numbers haven't been great overall so far in EYBL play, but his free throw numbers have been really good. He's averaging about 8 free attempts per game.
Yup. He's still working hard and love the versatility in getting his shots. It's what Southerland should have been striving for. I see some similarities in the two, but what could separate Richardson is his continued improvement putting the ball on the floor. He has a good enough handle and does well shielding by using his body against guards. And now, we see more of the finishing ability. If he doesn't convert, he's drawing contact often.

Diagne has 8 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal as the NJ Playaz coast. This one was the Briscoe show. Dropped 27 points on 7 for 11, 6 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals. Myles Powell had 15 on an efficient 5/6.
http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/7064969

Again, as Francis mentioned, Diagne is not the focal point. A lot of gunners on this team and Briscoe being the focal point is well deserved. He demands attention. Knows how to score, and will clean up on dimes as the doubles come. Like Malachi, another guy that gets to the line with his physicality. 12 for 13 free throws.

He knocked down a 40 footer for the win. His boy Tyler must have taught him that;).
Francis, think we have a better shot with Murray than Battle? Battle gets more hype but Murray may turn out to be better. Love his game.

Francis, think we have a better shot with Murray than Battle? Battle gets more hype but Murray may turn out to be better. Love his game.
Murray's a gamer, agree. I might have to watch his replay. Still curious about Lydon's game. Rebounded like a champ after sitting out the last game. Very curious.
Edit: Neither game is replayed. Not so curious. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where I tell you AAU ball can be frustrating to watch. All one on one ball right now. Briscoe did have a few moments, but the bigs don't always get the ball. Not a lot of shots going in, might skip this one for now.

I found both of Diagne's field goals. Second one is a dunk, but watch the first one. Off hand hook shot. I am pretty sure he's a righty, lefty and middy. Scary how he uses both hands. Pretty sure I've seen him take mid range shots with both hands. I'm not kidding, but still. Take that Rothstein. They butchered his name in the link, but shhhh. Don't tell anyone. It's not worth it. :)
http://www.highschoolcube.com/highlight/new-jersey-playaz-mustafa-gien-161777
Next one, easy flush from Briscoe
http://www.highschoolcube.com/highlight/gieng-with-the-dunk-161818

Murray, long rebound, controls it. Looks up, pushes the tempo and creates an easy transition bucket for his teammate. Good looking handle, comfortable with either hand and looks completely confident bringing the ball up. Nice size for a point guard, but I imagine he'll be interchangeable, playing alongside either position in the back court.

CIA Bounce is up 23-13 with about 4 minutes left in the half.

Murray just spotted up, buried a three. Nice and patient. Definitely a heady player like Ennis. No wasted effort, just does what he's supposed to do. That's not to say I don't think he's a decent athlete. Some players are just smooth.