Recruits | Syracusefan.com

Recruits

Cuse4Life

Walk On
Is anyone else surprised that not recruits have jumped on the bandwagon since we've made the jump to the ACC. I thought a bunch of recruits would be looking to get on as soon as possible to not miss the ship. I wonder if it just the uncertainty to when we will be able to join that is holding us back...but with the recent news, who knows when we will go but its looking more like 2012!

I hope that once we made that jump that some bigger fishes came along and are now taking a closer look at us.

Is anyone else surprised that not recruits have jumped on the bandwagon since we've made the jump to the ACC. I thought a bunch of recruits would be looking to get on as soon as possible to not miss the ship. I wonder if it just the uncertainty to when we will be able to join that is holding us back...but with the recent news, who knows when we will go but its looking more like 2012!

I hope that once we made that jump that some bigger fishes came along and are now taking a closer look at us.

Well the article on Scelfo is a good sign. But I am not surprised that we haven't gotten any commits because of the switch. Partially due to the fact we already have such a high number of commits at this stage, that I think there is a definite hierarchy of the players coaches are prioritizing... and those kids up top are not going to just jump at this point without taking their visits or just because we are now going into a major conference, since they likely already have a bunch of offers from schools in major conferences.

NO. It's been less than two weeks - give me a break.

I think it will effect the next class more than this one. I suspect we'll go after more players from down the coast.

NO. It's been less than two weeks - give me a break.

HAHA, mine was communicated a bit more in-depth, but yes, I agree with this also. I do think an 8-win season, strong bowl performance, and the ACC hype, could give us a shot at flipping/picking up a real nice commit or two late, if we can accomplish it. Overall though, I think we settle for further protecting the commits we currently hold, while also giving us a little bit of an edge with the kids we are currently in the mix for. I think this should definitely help keep Whitehurst and Whigham, and end up walking away with Morgan.

All these kids have a lot going on between football and school. It's not typical to get commits during this time period so not surprised at all.

I suppose RU coaches are telling their recruits that they plan to go to B10 so stick with us and you will be in even a better league than the ACC - but if it doesn't happen anytime soon over the next couple of years - advantage SU.

With more doors opening to the staff I wonder if some of the soft verbals get replaced by solid commits of equal or greater value.

The SU rejuvenation under HCDM has taken small steps to get to where it wants to be.

Hire a good staff, check, get back into Florida, check, get to a bowl, check, win a bowl, check. Getting into the ACC was another step and may I add not a small step that came as a plesant surprise which will accelerate the process.

The next steps are to win the Big East, get to another bowl, win it. Sign a few studs to round the class, improve the facilities and IMHO hire a recruiting equivalent in football to Mike Hopkins. That one guy who can pull in the key stars who can turn a team around at each position. A Dwight Freeney on the D-line, a Donovin Darius in the D Backfield, a Donnie McPherson at QB, a Joe Morris in the backfield, a Chris Gedney tight end, a Marvin Harrison type receiver.

Then my friends, Syracuse football will be back where we always thought it could be. The once buried program that no one wanted to lead taken from the abyss by a former player with a vision, an AD, who for all his early shortcomings has sold us to the ACC and a chancellor who loves football and is on the same page as we are.

Before I pass from this planet I want to see SU in a BCS bowl contending at the top level. Now I have hope.

Recruiting after you win the Big East and another bowl would be great -- something of a pipe dream with the current talent, but why dream small? The more realistic trick is to goose the recruiting now, on the way up, based on last year's bowl win -- and regardless of wins & losses in October & November.

I would not expect any great recruiting news before November -- after the high school season ends. The staff built the base for this class over the summer (linebackers, some linemen, a couple of promising skill guys); Marrone needs to add the topping (best available RB, the secondary etc, a pass rusher, a premier WR, couple of JUCOs who can help now). Next year we might have the chance to win big with Nassib as a senior and a more mature set of LBs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom