Red Presser 10AM Fri | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Red Presser 10AM Fri

Other than the short hiccup with the podium microphone, this went extremely well. JB definitely got emotional which was expected I think. Red said all the right things given the situation. I am optimistic going forward.

Something I've been thinking about for a while now is the fact we could have a promising season next year based on who returns. Some good challenges ahead of us including the Maui classic which we always have done well. Hopefully the players will view that challenge/opportunity in the same way I do. Sad to learn that Bell, Mintz and Williams were possibly not present. Whether that sends a signal or not is yet to be seen.

We've got your "six" Red. LGO :)

Other than the short hiccup with the podium microphone, this went extremely well. JB definitely got emotional which was expected I think. Red said all the right things given the situation. I am optimistic going forward.

Something I've been thinking about for a while now is the fact we could have a promising season next year based on who returns. Some good challenges ahead of us including the Maui classic which we always have done well. Hopefully the players will view that challenge/opportunity in the same way I do. Sad to learn that Bell, Mintz and Williams were possibly not present. Whether that sends a signal or not is yet to be seen.

Mintz was there.

Benny had class.

Only Bell AWOL (as far as we know, maybe he had class also).

Mintz was there.

Don't want to read too much into it, but Bell doesn't show nor does Benny. Seems like something this morning you don't miss as a player if you're fully onboard.
Week before break, Benny may have had a test or paper due at that specific time. My kid is on his way home as soon as he wraps up in a bit. Same deal. Paper due.

The Orange Standard

-Winning
-Playing Hard
-Championships
-Resilience, Determination, Grit

"I am a new face, a new voice, with new ideas. But the standards that build this program will not change."

LFG!
A articulate weave of homage to JB and view of what he wants. He
3255B1E7-6DBB-48C1-A407-D07270F12891.gif

Week before break, Benny may have had a test or paper due at that specific time. My kid is on his way home as soon as he wraps up in a bit. Same deal. Paper due.
Benny was in class which is a good sign in and of itself for a number of reasons.
Spring break starts today so if Bell wasn’t there, maybe he has plans for vacation with his family or something of that type.

Yeah, I get it and hopefully that's the case. However, this presser just seemed like the thing someone connected to the program doesn't miss. It's too monumental. Boeheim retiring after 47 years and the only 8th (8th!!!) head coach at SU takes over the reigns. In any event, we will find out soon what everyone's plans are.

I knew I would be sad when this time came. It's only natural. I have followed SU from the time when Danforth was the coach. I have very strong emotions about JAB and they are good and proper emotions. That said, the powers that be decided it was time to make the change. The press conference was a good one. I am glad coach will still be a part of the fabric of the University, it is right, fitting and deserved. For the future, I am 100 percent all in on Coach Autry and will support him and the program with my usual fervor and gusto! Go Orange!, Orange for life!

Last edited:
Guys this age aren't staying away to make some kind of passive aggressive statement.

Benny had class.
I'm not saying he's making a statement by not going. But the rest of the team was there and made it a priority over attending class. Whatever. We will know soon enough what everyone's plans are. That's all that matters.

Yeah, I get it and hopefully that's the case. However, this presser just seemed like the thing someone connected to the program doesn't miss. It's too monumental. Boeheim retiring after 47 years and the only 8th (8th!!!) head coach at SU takes over the reigns. In any event, we will find out soon what everyone's plans are.
I concur, but let’s not forget how much school these kids have to miss due to hoops anyway. Might be calming for them after this week.

I'm not saying he's making a statement by not going. But the rest of the team was there and made it a priority over attending class. Whatever. We will know soon enough what everyone's plans are. That's all that matters.
I guess you have everyone's class schedule?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom