Red Presser 10AM Fri | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Red Presser 10AM Fri

I'm not saying he's making a statement by not going. But the rest of the team was there and made it a priority over attending class. Whatever. We will know soon enough what everyone's plans are. That's all that matters.
Some of these guys don't have classes on Friday. Or they had one that was skippable. Some may already be off campus on their way to spring break.

Anything is possible. Read into it what you want, I'm not saying not to. Just reminding folks that there are a multitude of reasons why someone may or may not be there.

As many have already mentioned this was as good as it could've been. Excited to see the reigns handed over to Red and looking forward to fresher concepts on both offense and defense! For all JB's warts over the many decades I love that guy. Seeing Juli cry really got me in my feels.

Onward!

Great job by all and this is why you don't throw away 50 years of excellence on an outsider.
Understandable. Let's just hope he has confidence in filling out his staff with people outside the family. The makeup of this staff is going to be critical to his success. Reading other threads here I'm a little concerned... rumors of Devo and Jimmy Jr?!!

After 2012-13 to be precise. The fast break died with Ennis. Still don't know why that 13-14 squad decided to slow it down, especially since halfcourt shooting wasn't their strong suit. Grant, Fair, Xmas running the break... c'mon.

Not to quibble but it really died the previous year because the staff thought Carter-Williams was making too many errors outside of the half-court offense.

Benny was in class which is a good sign in and of itself for a number of reasons.
Spring break starts today so if Bell wasn’t there, maybe he has plans for vacation with his family or something of that type.

Listen, Bell should have had his calendar completely blocked off through Saturday night for that ACC Tournament championship that we forgot to win.

Reflecting back on the presser, I think one of the coolest things that was said was Jim's comments about the fans. It seemed very heartfelt and nice to hear, considering some of the comments he's made at other times during his career. For anyone who missed it, he said that the fans are the most important thing about the program, not him or anyone else. He said more, but that's essentially what was said. Great to hear him recognize that.

He better have an honest discussion with Joe if he plans to come back. That isn’t Joe’s game at all.
Full time pressing and fast break could be Girard's game for about 14 minutes a half. If he knows about it before the season so he can get into prime shape... Secondary break threes are often wide open. Girard might love the idea!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. My source is solid and sometimes things change in a very fluid situation. Thanks for the reminder why I normally don't post things like this.
Yes, and that's why people who share shouldn't get pummeled later if things change. I appreciate people sharing whatever they have regardless whether it happens to be 100% accurate. The only "insider" who I really didn't care for was that kid who was using his girlfriend as a source and made it out to be all him. Don't remember his name, he left a long time ago.

Yes, and that's why people who share shouldn't get pummeled later if things change. I appreciate people sharing whatever they have regardless whether it happens to be 100% accurate. The only "insider" who I really didn't care for was that kid who was using his girlfriend as a source and made it out to be all him. Don't remember his name, he left a long time ago.
Oh yes, she worked in the athletic department or something. He had some wild takes. I'm not sure if any of them came to fruition.

B74FF7A9-1CA6-4DDE-A632-8817BA1584AE.jpeg

Armory Square bouncers when they see me after a game

Autry was my favorite player when he played and that Missouri game still goes down today as one of the best individual performances in an NCAA tournament game ever from an Orangeman. He was epic. He impressed me today and he has my full support.
FIFY

The downside today…JB is on the front page of .com….not Adrian.
I’ll be that guy as well. Can’t help notice Red not being mentioned in JB’s thank you to the fan’s release. Maybe that’s not the right place, but it feels off a bit for me.

Autry opened with thanking God. I hope we do not have to hear a lot of God stuff from Autry. If he exists, I don't think he cares who wins sporting events. One of

You all are talking about Daryl Gross and his girlfriend, aren't you?
Or, just don't listen. God may very well care that Adrian Autrey is now in charge of helping young men find their way in the world.

I also like how Wildhack handled getting asked 2-3 times the sequence of events and decisions leading to Jim's retirement by just stating that there are a lot of twists and turns that happen but most important is where we arrived, which is really good for everyone involved. That's all that matters at this point. Jim was honored and will get an incredible celebration at some point next year and we welcomed our 8th new head coach who will hopefully get us back to relevance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom