Red Presser 10AM Fri | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Red Presser 10AM Fri

You all are talking about Daryl Gross and his girlfriend, aren't you?
No, there was a different guy. Burned bright for a short while. Then disappeared.

I’ll be that guy as well. Can’t help notice Red not being mentioned in JB’s thank you to the fan’s release. Maybe that’s not the right place, but it feels off a bit for me.
Yeah, I also kind of think something was a little off with comments Jim made about Red in his speech. He said nice things and overall, it was fine. I also don't want to be critical - it's a tough spot for Jim and a speech he never wanted to give, but I was just expecting a bit more.

The downside today…JB is on the front page of .com….not Adrian.
That’s because it’s the biggest story. In local and national media. 47 year tradition ended. Autry is the future and will have the opportunity to be on plenty of covers.

JB being on the cover makes sense from a media perspective.

And it’s not a downside.

Because this really should be a day for Autry.

Well, unfortunately, with how this all played out, there really wasn't any other way for it to fall.

Had JB orchestrated this differently, held a press conference, etc. to officially "announce his retirement" it would have allowed for a different scenario to play out.

Afterwards, whether it be a couple of days, a week later, or what have you, Adrian Autry could have been formally named head coach, with SU holding a separate formal press conference, etc. for it.

Well, unfortunately, with how this all played out, there really wasn't any other way for it to fall.

Had JB actually held a press conference to officially "announce his retirement" it would have allowed for a different scenario to play out.

Afterwards, whether it be a couple of days, a week later, or what have you, Adrian Autry could have been formally named head coach, with SU holding a separate formal press conference, etc. for it.

There was another way. Syr.com could’ve chosen not to go with the picture they did.

I’ll be that guy as well. Can’t help notice Red not being mentioned in JB’s thank you to the fan’s release. Maybe that’s not the right place, but it feels off a bit for me.
Eh, he said at the presser that the program is in good hands with Red.

On a broader level, even though Jim will continue to be involved with the program, I hope it ends with glad-handing with boosters. I'd love for the situation to get to a point where the local media aren't constantly looking to get his thoughts on how things are going or any of that other silliness you sometimes see with other sports teams (pro or collegiate). He's obviously a prominent figure, but I think a lot of why it got so messy this last handful of years is because it felt at times like Jim was made to be bigger than the program.

The downside today…JB is on the front page of .com….not Adrian.
Okay. Fair statement with some validity to it. But, Adrian Autry will get his well-deserved shine and the totality of his story will come out. It begins today.

And honestly, what would be the better alternative to today's program/presser? JAB not attend? Well, what would that accomplish? The narrative of hoops program disconnect would run rampant (as would the ideal that JAB pushed Gerry). And Autry would have to overcome that for years to come.

I saw today as a damn near ideal passing of the torch. They nailed it. All four gentlemen deserve kudos.

Had JB orchestrated this differently, held a press conference, etc. to officially "announce his retirement" it would have allowed for a different scenario to play out.

Agreed. But it would have been nice to be the lede story at your own introductory press conference.

She looks beautiful and it doesn’t mar her appearance at all. We certainly wouldn’t want her to get a nose job like Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing did, thus spoiling her career and making her look like a thousand other actresses. Do we? Well, DO WE????
I agree she is gorgeous despite haveing her Fathers nose.

Last edited:
Guys this age aren't staying away to make some kind of passive aggressive statement.

Benny had class.
Not making a point about Benny Williams one way or the other, I hope he stays.

But your other point is completely wrong. My three year old understands passive aggressive behavior.

I never get better hugs than when mommy pisses her off. ;)

Benny absolutely could have decided he had better things to do with a thinly veiled excuse.

I hope that wasn't the case.

Last edited:
Okay. Fair statement with some validity to it. But, Adrian Autry will get his well-deserved shine and the totality of his story will come out. It begins today.

And honestly, what would be the better alternative to today's program/presser? JAB not attend? Well, what would that accomplish? The narrative of hoops program disconnect would run rampant (as would the ideal that JAB pushed Gerry). And Autry would have to overcome that for years to come.

I saw today as a damn near ideal passing of the torch. They nailed it. All four gentlemen deserve kudos.
Refreshing to see a peaceful transfer of power. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom