Red | Syracusefan.com

Red

I think we can stop the Red cant coach Baloney. Thank God JW made the right call.
was concerned with the early disorganized and sloppy games...but they are figuring it out...

now to see if they can challenge top 25 types. thats the real bar, imo.

for me, this team has the talent to make it hard on anyone

no more blowout losses.

was concerned with the early disorganized and sloppy games...but they are figuring it out...

no more blowout losses.
I am not convinced we can play against a good team. I hope, hope, hope, I am surprised and that we can.

no more blowout losses.

Looking forward to seeing one more piece in Westry too to help with playmaking vs those teams.

Things are clicking for coaches and players

I am not convinced we can play against a good team. I hope, hope, hope, I am surprised and that we can.

We hung for most of it vs Tennessee to be fair. We are stacking up better performances against teams who would beat us up in the zone too though. The cupcakes early on haven’t been the bad teams we thought they were (relatively speaking). UVA to boot was a road game. We’ve done good work this non conf season so far for year 1.

I don’t see this team slipping vs Niagara to finish an on paper scary non conf slate with a solid record

It does beg the question, if JB was still the coach, would it be a 7.5 man rotation? Would we ever see Cuffe play?
if JB hadn't gotten ridiculously rigid in his system the last few years, he'd still be the coach.

pressure man to man defense instead of zone and all of a sudden teams can't buy a 3...with the same team

I guess everyone eventually gets stuck in their ways...

We hung for most of it vs Tennessee to be fair. We are stacking up better performances against teams who would beat us up in the zone too though. The cupcakes early on haven’t been the bad teams we thought they were (relatively speaking). UVA to boot was a road game. We’ve done good work this non conf season so far for year 1.
I don't care about the zone? I'm just not that impressed with us, yet. No inside game. Not enough quality outside shooting. The team we routed today is a shell of the team they normally have. I want to see us beat a quality team. Like everyone else here does. Beating a horrible G-town , LSU and Oregon, doesn't make me think we have turned the corner. Let's hang in there for 40 minuets against a quality team. . Let's beat a good team. Not a great team because I don't know that we can beat a great team. I'm not counting us out. Just that right now, I am not that impressed.

It does beg the question, if JB was still the coach, would it be a 7.5 man rotation? Would we ever see Cuffe play?
Would Copeland be getting these minutes. Would the zone be successful... Would this roster be close to what it is?

I think we can stop the Red cant coach Baloney. Thank God JW made the right call.
1000% way too early to say.

We were completely outclassed by UVA and Gonzaga. And both of those teams have been struggling.

We have played very well against the other P5 teams on our schedule. We won vs Colgate and Cornell.

This team is clearly good enough to be in the upper half of the ACC and honestly get a tournament bid.

I do think come March our OOC will be a net positive. No reason why we can’t win 10 ACC games

We were completely outclassed by UVA and Gonzaga. And both of those teams have been struggling.

We have played very well against the other P5 teams on our schedule. We won vs Colgate and Cornell.

This team is clearly good enough to be in the upper half of the ACC and honestly get a tournament bid.

I do think come March our OOC will be a net positive. No reason why we can’t win 10 ACC games
I’m predicting a 20-13 record and a 12-10 conference record.

I don't care about the zone? I'm just not that impressed with us, yet. No inside game. Not enough quality outside shooting. The team we routed today is a shell of the team they normally have. I want to see us beat a quality team. Like everyone else here does. Beating a horrible G-town , LSU and Oregon, doesn't make me think we have turned the corner. Let's hang in there for 40 minuets against a quality team. . Let's beat a good team. Not a great team because I don't know that we can beat a great team. I'm not counting us out. Just that right now, I am not that impressed.
Agreed with most of what you said but we also need to realize destroyed 3 P5 teams (I say the Big East is a P5 level conference basketball wise).

We are in year 1 of a new coach. Our rotation has 7 sophomores.

We should be grading on a curve at this moment considering the above.

Im not impressed if I compare us to UConn or Purdue - but we aren’t there yet. But considering our circumstances I’m fairly happy

I think we can make NCAA tournament with 9-2 OOC records, 13 regular season ACC wins and 1 ACC tournament win. Twenty-three is the magic number.

if JB hadn't gotten ridiculously rigid in his system the last few years, he'd still be the coach.

pressure man to man defense instead of zone and all of a sudden teams can't buy a 3...with the same team

I guess everyone eventually gets stuck in their ways...
but, but JB said they cant play Man... like they were not capable..

Pretty much where I'm at. There's a lot of things I like compared to recent past seasons including giving more guys a chance when things aren't working.

But the best I can do at this point is cautiously optimistic until the competition heats up a little bit before I can say definitively anything was the right call. But the OP is the king of declarations on small sample sizes.

This lineup is so young that I am impressed with how they are getting better defensively. For those that expected this team to come out of the gate and challenge top 15 teams are viewing this team through orange glasses. I'm basing this season on making the tournament. Anymore run then that is just a precursor to next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom