Red's system | Syracusefan.com

Red's system

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
I read a lot about finding guys who are able to run Red's system. What I'm not as clear on is what that system is? Insiders or gurus that can explain I would be grateful.
Guess mainly the offense as man is, I believe, the primary D, though frankly it looked like nobody knew how to teach it this year.

There’s a reason why most first year coaches struggle. This was a mish mash of players that Never really made sense together skill set wise but Red didn’t have much choice.

I think as Red gets to bring his guys in we will a much better idea of his system. I think we knew this year would be a lot of Judah

i think red is very smart. but red is taught by jb. jb's system worked for a long time but not at the end. therefore, the key question is, does our system no longer work as well as it once did, or do we not have the right players to run the system. this is a TBD.

i think red is very smart. but red is taught by jb. jb's system worked for a long time but not at the end. therefore, the key question is, does our system no longer work as well as it once did, or do we not have the right players to run the system. this is a TBD.
Red also learned under Seth Greenberg so to say he’s a completely JAB disciple is incorrect.

I read a lot about finding guys who are able to run Red's system. What I'm not as clear on is what that system is? Insiders or gurus that can explain I would be grateful.
Guess mainly the offense as man is, I believe, the primary D, though frankly it looked like nobody knew how to teach it this year.
where's the Beef ... we need some beef up front

I don't think he wants to run JBs system. Just not sure what system he wants.

It’s hard to tell. We lack skilled players to the point it was very hard to run anything.

It’s fine he was taught by JB - everyone has to be taught by someone older than them lol.

Reds first hire was outside the program. If GMac leaves that’s a big spot on the bench to fill and no one with Cuse ties makes sense at the moment, so I assume that would also be another non-Cuse guy. That’s how you develop ideas outside of what JB did.

This will sound funny but IMO , this season was never really about Red's system. It was about a team transitioning to something else entirely, a new culture if you will, with a lot of different personalities, and a first year HC making chicken salad out of chicken isht.
We need more and better players, period. Guys who're not wedded to "look at me" basketball.
I'm willing to give Red time to implement his "system", using his guys. Next year is privotal, and if he's still stumbling after year 3, you make the change.

He ran the exact same offense as jb did. The only thing we did different was try to play some man.

For the record, i 100% support red and believe he was the right hire.
He had the same personnel JB did (sans JG3 for JJ).

2 iso guards. 1 shooter who can’t do anything else. A severely undersized 4 who can’t make a layup. An all league defender.

He had the same personnel JB did (sans JG3 for JJ).

2 iso guards. 1 shooter who can’t do anything else. A severely undersized 4 who can’t make a layup. An all league defender.

Im not accusing him of doing anything wrong. Im just saying what happened imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom