Refs | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Refs

I mean they LITERALLY fumbled on the 3 or whatever for a return TD earlier in the game. But once that penalty occurred our Dline was paralyzed
Yes, because 90 yard scoop and scores happen all the time...

And it's not like the D was further gassed and beat up at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th than they were 20:00 into the game (when the scoop & score occurred)

Apparently, snark > context for some of you guys.

It's pretty disingenuous. To start the 4th, the score was 21-10, and Clemson had the ball 1st and goal at the 3. Given Clemson's run game and Syracuse's difficulty stopping the run, what do you think the odds were of Syracuse holding Clemson to a FG or turning them over on downs?

Yes, I do think the call - given the context of the game and situation - was a big factor. But I never said that it "changed the entire outcome of the game" or that "the team can't pick themselves up and take care of business still up by eleven". That's you strawmanning.

It’s not strawmanning. The whole reason I got involved in this thread to begin with was the first sentence of post one.

Sean Tucker, our best player, had 10 touches, in our toughest game of the year. Worse, when he had touches, good things happened.

Shrader in the 2nd half was making terrible reads on the Read Option. I saw at least 4 plays he should have handed it and he kept it and fared very poorly.

Gadsden makes catches even when not open. Prior to the last drive, he had one target in the 2nd half; a catch that was called back for holding.

There was a drive in the first half, on 3rd and 13 where they called a designed QB keeper. What the hell?

The 25 second runoff before the last Timeout. What the heck?

This one was definitely a head scratcher for the offense. Defense did all it could, but was running out of gas because the offense netted less than 50 total yards in the 2nd half, before the last drive.

Clemson did everything they could to lose the game today and the defense stepped up huge with 4 turnovers and a TD. They just couldn’t capitalize early in the 2nd half and put the game away.

Very proud of our boys and their performance overall today down in Death Valley. Would love to understand if Anae had an aneurysm at half time. They lost a game that was nearly delivered to them in a silver platter, but the silver lining is that this team just stood toe-to-toe with Clemson and it was a hell of a battle.

And it's not like the D was further gassed and beat up at the end of the 3rd/start of the 4th than they were 20:00 into the game (when the scoop & score occurred)

Apparently, snark > context for some of you guys.
Here’s a context question.

Do you think the non call vs nc state was a bigger factor in our win vs this call causing our loss.

If so, did you comment on it at the time?

Do you think the non call vs nc state was a bigger factor in our win vs this call causing our loss.

To which non-call are you referring?

You seem intent on bringing up calls supposedly in SU's favor in past victories, which, IMO, is...odd.

To which non-call are you referring?

You seem intent on bringing up calls supposedly in SU's favor in past victories, which, IMO, is...odd.
Illegal man down field on 3rd and long. They would have got the ball back with chance to possibly tie.

It was only all that nc state fans were crying about the whole week after the game. Of course, the real reason they lost was we were better

It’s not odd. The fact that don’t even remember the play proves my point.

Illegal man down field on 3rd and long. They would have got the ball back with chance to possibly tie.

It was only all that nc state fans were crying about the whole week after the game. Of course, the real reason they lost was we were better

It’s not odd. The fact that don’t even remember the play proves my point.
I was streaming the game and my feed cut out for parts of the game. Do you have a replay?

Where was the ball at the time? How much time was left? Was Leary going to throw his pads on and enter the game?

These B12 refs are really taking it out on Texas for leaving to the SEC. Lots of questionable calls and not a single call on Okie State.

Can’t call that false start on Vett on the head bob. All he did was lift his head, then look down. No one on the Clemson D even moved. But the flag came out. Then the very next play, the Clemson D actually lined up in the neutral zone. No flag.

What pisses me off the most is after it happens. Nothing can be done. If youre a ref making bs calls, make it on something thats a close call. There was an obvious call that shouldnt have been called and a missed call that should have been called. But absolutely nothing will come up about it. For anybody that has a job, if you make big mistakes at your job, does anything come from it? At my job, if i made a mistake comparable to the refs mistake here, i would be given 3 unpaid days. These guys nothing happens. But it was so obvious with these bs calls. So tired of refs and likely NCAA taking wins from teams that wont make them as much money
Agreed totaly

2 calls changed the game.

1: The non roughing call in Shrader
2: The PI endzone call.

Either one of those calls goes our way we probably win.

In addition they never reviewed any calls that Clemson got. There were 3 that would have been overturned.

Definitely a home job. Its a shame because our kids earned this game.
The PI call was horrible and the no call on Shrader when he was 3 yards out of bounds criminal.

No one ever mentions calls that are in our favor. Every fan base on earth thinks the refs are biased and hate them. My Patriots won 6 Super Bowls and most of that fan base thought the NFL hated us and were trying to screw us via the refs in every game.

It’s such weak sauce. We lost because we played dumb and ineffective in the 2nd half. Period.

2 calls changed the game.

1: The non roughing call in Shrader
2: The PI endzone call.

Either one of those calls goes our way we probably win.

In addition they never reviewed any calls that Clemson got. There were 3 that would have been overturned.

Definitely a home job. Its a shame because our kids earned this game.
The PI call was horrible and the no call on Shrader when he was 3 yards out of bounds criminal.

Spell out how we “probably win” if the PI call is not called.

No one ever mentions calls that are in our favor. Every fan base on earth thinks the refs are biased and hate them. My Patriots won 6 Super Bowls and most of that fan base thought the NFL hated us and were trying to screw us via the refs in every game.

It’s such weak sauce. We lost because we played dumb and ineffective in the 2nd half. Period.
What do you think an objective fan, with zero rooting interest in the SU/Clemson game, thought about the officiating?

What do you think an objective fan, with zero rooting interest in the SU/Clemson game, thought about the officiating?
They’d likely say it was pretty even, save for a bad non-call on the Shrader hit out of bounds. And they’d likely say we committed several dumb penalties that may have cost us the game.

They’d likely say it was pretty even, save for a bad non-call on the Shrader hit out of bounds. And they’d likely say we committed several dumb penalties that may have cost us the game.

Twitter which has fans of all teams disagrees with you. They were thousands and thousands of posts from non-Syracuse fans saying it was one-sided in Clemson's favor. There were way more bad calls / non-calls than just that one all in Clemson's favor. Look at my past posts for a breakdown.

Twitter which has fans of all teams disagrees with you. They were thousands and thousands of posts from non-Syracuse fans saying it was one-sided in Clemson's favor. There were way more bad calls / non-calls than just that one all in Clemson's favor. Look at my past posts for a breakdown.
Oh well if “thousands and thousands” on Twitter said it, then it must be so.

It’s definitely that the ACC purposefully had the refs screw SU. It’s definitely not that our O scored exactly zero points after 3 takeaways.

Oh well if “thousands and thousands” on Twitter said it, then it must be so.

It’s definitely that the ACC purposefully had the refs screw SU. It’s definitely not that our O scored exactly zero points after 3 takeaways.

It was totally the refs fault that GS threw to a TRIPLE-TEAMED Gadsden, rather than the WIDE OPEN Courtney Jackson behind him IN THE END ZONE.

And the refs also made GS not look to his left on that same play, and see his other WR OPEN inside the 15 yard line, with the DB trailing him by 5 yards.

The only truly atrocious (non-) call was the egregious late hit on GS well out of bounds.

There were also at least 1-2 spots that seemed more than a little generous towards the home team.

IF there was a “fix”, then the refs don’t correctly overrule the incomplete pass that was a sick catch by Alford.
But they did, and the drive remainded alive.

All that said - we had the ball with a chance to take the lead.
And failed to do so. Even tho it was very much there for the taking.

And that had nothing to do with the refs.

It was totally the refs fault that GS threw to a TRIPLE-TEAMED Gadsden, rather than the WIDE OPEN Courtney Jackson behind him IN THE END ZONE.

And the refs also made GS not look to his left on that same play, and see his other WR OPEN inside the 15 yard line, with the DB trailing him by 5 yards.

The only truly atrocious (non-) call was the egregious late hit on GS well out of bounds.

There were also at least 1-2 spots that seemed more than a little generous towards the home team.

im pretty sure the camera is playing tricks there and jackson wasn't that open, the throw was a wounded duck so need to see about a few seconds before

IF there was a “fix”, then the refs don’t correctly overrule the incomplete pass that was a sick catch by Alford.
But they did, and the drive remainded alive.

We’ve been a heavily penalized team all year, and, quelle surprise, we got a lot of penalties today.

I mean we got 8 penalties against Wagner.