Rehfuss entering the transfer portal | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Rehfuss entering the transfer portal

Good thing recruiting picked up. Yeesh.

For sure, we could use a few of those guys this spring if the appeals process doesn't bear fruit. This has the potential to get real ugly.

Just to add more fuel to the rumor mill, I spoke to a pretty good source who indicated there are 8 total players implicated (including Rehfuss) and that based on the identity of those individuals, if they lose their appeals, the results will be pretty much nuclear for the team's chances this season. Appeals apparently have already begun or will begin next week.

Lesson learned: Account > Privacy Settings > Block > "Kent Syverud"
If Kent Syverud thought hundreds of protesters yelling and screaming outside of his house was anything— just wait until Orange Nation finds out there’s going to be a mass exodus.

This whole thing is ridiculous and if he doesn’t let them off easy, he should at least expect me and my other good buddies named pot and pan to be outside his house. He won’t be getting any sleep mark my words!

CE2F8003-E2F6-4972-A984-058594DA2211.jpeg

If Kent Syverud thought hundreds of protesters yelling and screaming outside of his house was anything— just wait until Orange Nation finds out there’s going to be a mass exodus.

This whole thing is ridiculous and if he doesn’t let them off easy, he should at least expect me and my other good buddies named pot and pan to be outside his house. He won’t be getting any sleep mark my words!

View attachment 194235

So - you want the Chancellor to ignore University policy regarding stated, known Covid safety protocols, because Rehfuss and his buddies are good at sports? :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath.

As far as what's ridiculous - look in the mirror with that taek.

PS- we ignored a University policy re: drug testing, which was ridiculous, and yet in doing so, got our hoops program nuked. Because, 2nd offense, sending a message, all of that.

But sure, let's ignore University policies for LAX - what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

So - you want the Chancellor to ignore University policy regarding stated, known Covid safety protocols, because Rehfuss and his buddies are good at sports? :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath.

PS- we ignored a University policy re: drug testing, which was ridiculous, and yet in doing so, got our hoops program nuked. Because, 2nd offense, sending a message, all of that.

But sure, let's ignore University policies for LAX - what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

if its as easy as transferring and not being in trouble at new school?

eh i dont know. maybe its just not a big deal?

if its as easy as transferring and not being in trouble at new school?

eh i dont know. maybe its just not a big deal?

I posted earlier in the thread what SU's penalties are for violating the COVID rules.

It's a lot worse than just borrowing the coach's car and getting into an accident.

I posted earlier in the thread what SU's penalties are for violating the COVID rules.

It's a lot worse than just borrowing the coach's car and getting into an accident.

Depends if you’re the person who got hit.

I've been told that recently some new university police bodycam footage has come to light that might give the players a better chance of winning their appeal. There is some confusion about if the social gathering in question was actually against school policy, and if so, whether or not the students were entirely at fault. That confusion MIGHT be enough to give them an out, but might not.
Apologize for that being vague but I don't want to elaborate on details I can't myself confirm, but that's what I know.

If they don't win the appeal, the season will probably be nuked. Some of the players involved are very important. But, again, Trimboli is NOT involved and will be playing this season no matter what happens.

I've been told that recently some new university police bodycam footage has come to light that might give the players a better chance of winning their appeal. There is some confusion about if the social gathering in question was actually against school policy, and if so, whether or not the students were entirely at fault. That confusion MIGHT be enough to give them an out, but might not.
Apologize for that being vague but I don't want to elaborate on details I can't myself confirm, but that's what I know.

If they don't win the appeal, the season will probably be nuked. Some of the players involved are very important. But, again, Trimboli is NOT involved and will be playing this season no matter what happens.
Appreciate the update sir.

but if any other school in the country will open their arms to them without any sort of penalty - did they really do anything wrong?

Don't hold your breath.

ignoring arbitrary campus Covid rules is not against NCAA policy come on.

but if any other school in the country will open their arms to them without any sort of penalty - did they really do anything wrong?
ignoring arbitrary campus Covid rules is not against NCAA policy come on.

But ignoring arbitrary drug testing rules was.

Wheelhouse.

But ignoring arbitrary drug testing rules was.

Wheelhouse.

This is very nuanced argunent but the university didnt apply the rules despite failed tests. They simply ignored the rules. Therefore ineligible players were played. To be clear, i think thats bs but thats what happened.

Here, if the discipline board has the discretion to award lesser or no punishment, then the ncaa shouldnt be able to relitigate those conclusions or exercise of discretion so its unlikely that any policy would be violated, and the players would be eligible.

Weed is a banned NCAA substance. Having failed drug tests and not reporting them is A LOT different than a kid breaking a newly written campus student code of conduct rule that is only a rule on that one campus in the entire country. The NCAA doesn't police individual student code of conduct policies.

Doubt it but do wonder if NCAA , Cuse and other colleges eventually alter their drug policies to reflect that marijuana is now legal or in process of being legalized in some states including NY after Cuomo's recent adult use proposal . Weed stays in system quite longer than harder drugs ie cocaine for testing and that difference can lead to some usage decisions on weekends that are detrimental to player health. Just sayin

Weed is a banned NCAA substance. Having failed drug tests and not reporting them is A LOT different than a kid breaking a newly written campus student code of conduct rule that is only a rule on that one campus in the entire country. The NCAA doesn't police individual student code of conduct policies.

syracuse has/had 1 of the strictest marijuana policies in the country. they didnt break an ncaa rule regarding the marijuana. they broke an ncaa rule of not following the syracuse internal stricter rule than most of the rest of the ncaa schools.

edit* better link " •The NCAA does not require colleges to have drug-testing programs, but if one is adopted, the school is obligated to follow its policy. Syracuse reported to the NCAA that from 2001 to early 2009 it at times failed to follow the written terms of the program regarding players who tested positive for marijuana. "

Any word on when the university is going to make its final decision on these suspensions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom