Rehfuss entering the transfer portal | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Rehfuss entering the transfer portal

I'm hearing what everyone else seems to be: No suspensions, all players in question will be back.

Almost lost Rehfuss, 2/3 of the first midfield, starting FOGO, two other offensive middies, one SSDM.

But nothing to worry about now.
That’s it?

I'm hearing what everyone else seems to be: No suspensions, all players in question will be back.

Almost lost Rehfuss, 2/3 of the first midfield, starting FOGO, two other offensive middies, one SSDM.

That’s all I was looking for. Thank you.

Rejoice
8CA74754-8FDA-48B9-8A0B-C59A2ED773F2.gif

Relieved this is the case and thank you for the update. One day would like to know all the details, but at this point hope we can al forgive and move on. What a strange story line.

Relieved this is the case and thank you for the update. One day would like to know all the details, but at this point hope we can al forgive and move on. What a strange story line.
the Story that I was told was that the players were partying and supposedly put it on social media which is how they got caught. Don't know if that's true but that's what i was told from a source

What I heard is...players had a "get together" that probably broke Covid protocol, but Cuse cops came by and told them everything was ok. So they kept having the get together, assuming it was fine. Later I guess the school caught wind of it and sought suspensions of those involved. Players didn't have much of a defense until the cops' bodycam footage surfaced which backed up their claim that the cops said it was fine. I'm sure that is an incomplete picture of what actually happened but I was told that was the main storyline.

The proposed punishment was ridiculously harsh but at the end of the day, they got EXTREMELY lucky. They should not have been doing what they were doing, they put the entire team at risk (not only of getting Covid, but of ruining the season). In some programs, there would probably be internal suspensions to get the point across, but my guess is Desko does not go down that path.

That's the good news. All the players will be on the field for the Orange in 2021.

The bad news is there aren't any excuses if this team doesn't at least make the Final Four. ;)

The other bad news is I'm hearing TD Ierlan has no interest in joining the Orange, even in light of this positive development.

What I heard is...players had a "get together" that probably broke Covid protocol, but Cuse cops came by and told them everything was ok. So they kept having the get together, assuming it was fine. Later I guess the school caught wind of it and sought suspensions of those involved. Players didn't have much of a defense until the cops' bodycam footage surfaced which backed up their claim that the cops said it was fine. I'm sure that is an incomplete picture of what actually happened but I was told that was the main storyline.

The proposed punishment was ridiculously harsh but at the end of the day, they got EXTREMELY lucky. They should not have been doing what they were doing, they put the entire team at risk (not only of getting Covid, but of ruining the season). In some programs, there would probably be internal suspensions to get the point across, but my guess is Desko does not go down that path.

That's the good news. All the players will be on the field for the Orange in 2021.

The bad news is there aren't any excuses if this team doesn't at least make the Final Four. ;)

The other bad news is I'm hearing TD Ierlan has no interest in joining the Orange, even in light of this positive development.
Someone said that TD is still salty about not getting the call from Cuse in his high school days. Seems kinda petty if that is actually the reason (which is far from confirmed). Face off is one of the most easy to miss positions in the recruiting game. Ben Williams got his start at holy cross. Woodall got his start at high point (in an era when they were even less of a name). Gallagher got his start at Hofstra. Even the great Trevor Baptiste damn near went to William and Mary or some school like that before a late call from Tierney. One of the best fogos in the game today is at St. Joe’s. It’s the nature of the thing. Nothing personal Mr. Ierlan.
Also I think our two headed monster of phaup and varello could be at least top 10 in the nation.

Someone said that TD is still salty about not getting the call from Cuse in his high school days. Seems kinda petty if that is actually the reason (which is far from confirmed). Face off is one of the most easy to miss positions in the recruiting game. Ben Williams got his start at holy cross. Woodall got his start at high point (in an era when they were even less of a name). Gallagher got his start at Hofstra. Even the great Trevor Baptiste damn near went to William and Mary or some school like that before a late call from Tierney. One of the best fogos in the game today is at St. Joe’s. It’s the nature of the thing. Nothing personal Mr. Ierlan.
Also I think our two headed monster of phaup and varello could be at least top 10 in the nation.

If that is the case, that doesn’t seem fair to SU, especially considering Irelan ended up transferring once already. Maybe he’s hurt since it’s his hometown team and he thinks they should have known better, but still. Doesn’t really feel like he has a leg to stand on. He’s also free to go wherever he wants so I guess the argument is moot.

I also really don’t understand how he’s going to be able to transfer this late in the game, without graduating from Yale, and still expect to get a degree from Yale? Part of me thinks he didn’t think this through. Also Denver starts its season a week from today.

Agree on Phaup/Varello they are going to be a good combo. Think Phaup’s numbers got inflated a bit last year against some bad face off units (Army comes to mind) but he’s still very good. Some might laugh but a year ago I think he split his draws against TD in a scrimmage. The big question is how they adapt to the new face off rules.

If that is the case, that doesn’t seem fair to SU, especially considering Irelan ended up transferring once already. Maybe he’s hurt since it’s his hometown team and he thinks they should have known better, but still. Doesn’t really feel like he has a leg to stand on. He’s also free to go wherever he wants so I guess the argument is moot.

I also really don’t understand how he’s going to be able to transfer this late in the game, without graduating from Yale, and still expect to get a degree from Yale? Part of me thinks he didn’t think this through. Also Denver starts its season a week from today.

Agree on Phaup/Varello they are going to be a good combo. Think Phaup’s numbers got inflated a bit last year against some bad face off units (Army comes to mind) but he’s still very good. Some might laugh but a year ago I think he split his draws against TD in a scrimmage. The big question is how they adapt to the new face off rules.

Syracuse has a long history of not recruiting the Rochester area well. The question is why.

Pretty much what I heard. Additional info I heard was, players left campus the week before, a couple came back and got Covid, had the party...yada yada yada.
Apparently the body cam evidence was BS as there was no footage.
Also doesn’t hurt the case that someone else on another team was busted for throwing a party and that got swept under the rug.
Time to raise the trophy again

Syracuse has a long history of not recruiting the Rochester area well. The question is why.
Wierd how we got Trimboli but missed on his teammate? Maybe that’s the salty factor for TD.

when I had seasons for Football and lacrosse when I lived in Rochester many thought I was crazy? It is not that far especially coming from the East side. Most of the lax powers are on that side of the city.

Pretty much what I heard. Additional info I heard was, players left campus the week before, a couple came back and got Covid, had the party...yada yada yada.
Apparently the body cam evidence was BS as there was no footage.
Also doesn’t hurt the case that someone else on another team was busted for throwing a party and that got swept under the rug.
Time to raise the trophy again

Wierd how we got Trimboli but missed on his teammate? Maybe that’s the salty factor for TD.

when I had seasons for Football and lacrosse when I lived in Rochester many thought I was crazy? It is not that far especially coming from the East side. Most of the lax powers are on that side of the city.
I understand the sentiment though. Why would you want to go to school that didnt pursue you in the first place. Syracuse for some reason hasnt pushed local recruiting recently

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom