remaining schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

remaining schedule

Hey, 2 17-1 seasons in 3 years; I'm not gonna hate that if it happens.

I hate when people say you will eventually lose one.
If your going to lose one its because you match up badly and who you are playing against, maybe the road gives alittle bit of a advantage. Nothing wrong with predicting but its not a exact science all stats aside.

Compare this team to the 2012 one, and that team had only one regular season loss. Even with their one loss they won some close ones down the stretch that could have gone either way. This team has 100% deserved to win all its games so far outside of st francis that could have went either way. This team is pretty special.

Last edited:
Why does everyone assume a loss @Duke? They are not that great. Do they even have a Plumlee this year or does Parker play center for them?

Virginia was a lucky three pointer away from winning at Cameron (which was only possible because Duke choked away a double digit lead in the last few minutes). This is not the Duke that everyone has in their mind. I think Florida State takes them at Cameron next Saturday.

Pitt looks really good "on paper" in KenPom, etc.- which is a totally valid system - but they haven't really played any good teams outside of Cincinnati. They have a tough stretch between Syracuse games which should reveal how good they really are in closer games.

I wouldn't assume a loss at Duke; they are definitely not a vintage Duke team. Still good, and Cameron will still be a tough place to play.

For me, I am more looking at the fact that we have road games against 4 top 20ish teams (if you like KP, I do) and assuming that the odds say we'll lose at least one, and probably 2, of them. Those 4 games are all going to be close to toss ups, so we "should" go 2 and 2 in them. Doesn't mean we will.

I love this team but in the ACC we have played and beaten the cellar dwellers in the conference to date (and the ACC members with the worst overall records). The remaining conference schedule is difficult so I hope the team continues to get everyone's enthusiastic support if and when the going gets tough.
The weird thing is the ACC teams we have beaten ( except UNC) were all Old BE schools. Plus we played SJU and 'Nova as "OOC"
I really haven't felt "ACC-y" yet in hoops.
That being said I see the road games at the end of the schedule as our biggest tests. Road games are always a crapshoot even if you're pretty good.

I'm thinking we finish 12-2 (obvious trap games @Pitt/Duke and I'll throw in FSU) FSU might be playing for their NCAA lives by then.

We lose 2 of those 3 games. I think we run the table at home.

I wouldn't assume a loss at Duke; they are definitely not a vintage Duke team. Still good, and Cameron will still be a tough place to play.

For me, I am more looking at the fact that we have road games against 4 top 20ish teams (if you like KP, I do) and assuming that the odds say we'll lose at least one, and probably 2, of them. Those 4 games are all going to be close to toss ups, so we "should" go 2 and 2 in them. Doesn't mean we will.
Those games will truly be the games that tell us who we are. Last year though, we hit a VERY rough stretch about the same part of the season, but we rebounded very nicely! So who knows. Just fasten your seatbelts!!

That being said I see the road games at the end of the schedule as our biggest tests. Road games are always a crapshoot even if you're pretty good.

With the schedule so back loaded , I'm worried that losses on the road and towards the end of the season will be considered more harshly as a late season slide instead of a quirk of our schedule affecting our seeding in the NCAA's. I know darn well many of the media would harp on it. I agree that we may need to fasten our seat belts and definitely keep the faith.

I would say for sure @Pitt is tougher tha home Nova. We were what, 4 or 5 point favorites for Nova? (maybe a little less?) We'll probably be a 2-3 point dog at Pitt
Pitt is a horrible road venue. Just like Duke the students are sooooo close. It has to be a totally different feel.

With the schedule so back loaded , I'm worried that losses on the road and towards the end of the season will be considered more harshly as a late season slide instead of a quirk of our schedule affecting our seeding in the NCAA's. I know darn well many of the media would harp on it. I agree that we may need to fasten our seat belts and definitely keep the faith.

The selection committee has gotten rid of the last 10 or last 12 games as a criteria. They can look at the schedules, I wouldn't worry about this

The selection committee has gotten rid of the last 10 or last 12 games as a criteria. They can look at the schedules, I wouldn't worry about this

Thank you - was worrying about this - knew it used to be a criteria.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom