Report: Carmelo Anthony's tried to engage Knicks in buyout talks | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Report: Carmelo Anthony's tried to engage Knicks in buyout talks

I'm hoping Melo goes to Cleveland and Hayward to Boston so we at least have something to watch in the ECF and the Cavs have a punchers chance against GSW in the Finals.

I'm hoping Melo goes to Cleveland and Hayward to Boston so we at least have something to watch in the ECF and the Cavs have a punchers chance against GSW in the Finals.

Its easy to forget that GSW swept the western conference playoffs. That's impressive with the competition out there. Still Cleveland managed to get one game from them when they really couldn't rest Lebron in that series.

Is melo any better offensively than Kyrie? I'd rather run my offense through Kyrie than Melo at this point I think.

For whatever this is worth (probably not a lot, maybe it is) the Knicks played better with Melo on the bench this year than when he played. I think he's a pretty diminished player. He can help a team for sure, he's still a good player, but he's not the guy he was a few years ago.

I refuse to consider a possibility where the Knicks buy Melo out and he goes to Cle and they don't need to send Love out. I just refuse to believe that will happen. I can't.

I think if you put Melo with other alpha dogs, he will run with them like he does in the Olympics. It's when he is the main dog that BS occurs.

I think if you put Melo with other alpha dogs, he will run with them like he does in the Olympics. It's when he is the main dog that BS occurs.

Doesn't hurt when the teams you are playing have like 1 NBA player on their roster also

To be clear, I think Melo would defer on either Houston or Cleveland.

I hope Melo goes to Houston because the thought of having to root for Lebron James is nauseating. That said, I'm a big Melo fan, and I'd be all for whatever makes him the happiest.

I hope Melo goes to Houston because the thought of having to root for Lebron James is nauseating. That said, I'm a big Melo fan, and I'd be all for whatever makes him the happiest.
I want Melo on the Cavs. Nobody is beating Golden State in the West and I'd love to see him have a punchers chance at a title.

Don't hate, celebrate.

I love him but Melo going to the Rockets is a bad look. He ran D'Antoni out of NYC. He can spin it any way that he wants - but he hated the guy and had no use for his system, but now that his buddy CP is on the Rockets the system isn't too bad. I think Houston is making a mistake adding these guys, as I don't think Paul or Melo are going to buy in and for Melo to say he now does, doesn't leave a good taste for me anyway.

I strongly dislike LeBron, but that's his best bet. Of course, he will get blamed when GS wins again. Cavs should trade Love, and TT or something like that for Melo. Both are worthless. TT makes a ton, I believe, so the money should be able to be worked out. Kyrie, LeBron, and Melo would have a better shot than Paul, Harden, Melo.

I strongly dislike LeBron, but that's his best bet. Of course, he will get blamed when GS wins again. Cavs should trade Love, and TT or something like that for Melo. Both are worthless. TT makes a ton, I believe, so the money should be able to be worked out. Kyrie, LeBron, and Melo would have a better shot than Paul, Harden, Melo.

I dont see how Melo helps the cavs all that much. Houston definitively lacks a forward who can score from multiple spots on the floor. Right now they just have rim running center in Capella and outside shooting forwards. Melo could actually help diversify their offense which is too reliant on threes. That's fine to get them through the regular season, but come playoff time, you need more options.

Houston encourages no mid range jumpers however I think time will tell us that is an over-correction (much like money ball in baseball went too far the other way with not caring about guys who could run well or were athletic at all, and that's now circling back towards the middle).

How is melo's inside game? I haven't watched too much Knicks the last couple years.

I dont see how Melo helps the cavs all that much. Houston definitively lacks a forward who can score from multiple spots on the floor. Right now they just have rim running center in Capella and outside shooting forwards. Melo could actually help diversify their offense which is too reliant on threes. That's fine to get them through the regular season, but come playoff time, you need more options.

Houston encourages no mid range jumpers however I think time will tell us that is an over-correction (much like money ball in baseball went too far the other way with not caring about guys who could run well or were athletic at all, and that's now circling back towards the middle).

How is melo's inside game? I haven't watched too much Knicks the last couple years.

Mainly because staying in the East is the best bet. He isn't as good down low as he once was. But, he has been getting hammered for years with no fouls called. Melo on Houston would be decent. They could just chuck threes, but the Cavs have a cakewalk to the Finals. At least he can say that he made it there, and hopefully pull it off. They need someone in the clutch. Love isn't that, and TT doesn't do much. I'd hate to see LeBron win another when he should have only one ring, but want Melo to get one ring at least.

"I'd hate to see LeBron win another when he should have only one ring..."

Huh?

I smell a hater of a stranger, not a celebrator of the greatest game on Earth.

This also is worthy of a "huh?" ... he (Carmelo) has been getting hammered for years with no fouls called.

Sounds like an Alex Jones hot sports take: the ref/NBA conspiracy against Carmelo.