Reports now that PSU victim count is at 20 | Syracusefan.com

Reports now that PSU victim count is at 20

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
I'm sure it will go higher.

This is gonna get worse than we can prolly even imagine. If that is possible

It will go up much higher throughout the years.

They have got to drop JoePa soon. I think the shake up of the whole PSU athletic dept will be huge!

Wonder where the PSU endowment stands before the civil trials start.

He did it to himself.

This same convo is going to happen in every thread. It's not sad for him. It's sad for someone who was respected and a hero to many to be revealed to be something else.

Paterno is likely done. Really sad way for a legend to go out.
This same convo is going to happen in every thread. It's not sad for him. It's sad for someone who was respected and a hero to many to be revealed to be something else.

Or maybe it's evidence that a guy who's been holding himself up as a model of ethical behavior for decades wasn't worthy of being considered a "legend" after all.

He was a football coach. And ultimately a coward. Nothing more.

Or maybe it's evidence that a guy who's been holding himself up as a model of ethical behavior for decades wasn't worthy of being considered a "legend" after all.

To be fair, I'm not sold that he "[held] himself up as a model of ethical behavior" as much as everyone else did.

Ultimately the damage to his reputation was caused by his own decisions. The damage done to the University's reputation was caused by the actions of a finite few...the actions of the few will have an impact on thousands of students, alumni, and fans forever, as well as the world of college sports. THAT is what is sad.

You're being kind calling him a coward. I think his statements tonight outside his home where he says: ""The kids that were victims or whatever they want to say" borders on being a sociopath. Victim blaming Joe. His inaction is evil. He is an evil man, and crouching his "legend" in the BS veneer of religion, honor and the myth making of Penn State shows just how sick he has always been.

The damage done to the University's reputation was caused by the actions of a finite few...

A finite few? How about every level of authority.

A finite few? How about every level of authority.

Paterno, Curley, Schultz, Spanier, McQueary, the janitors, other administrators and coaches, all failed to act. But when you consider that there are 40,000 undergraduate students at the College Park campus alone, not to mention faculty, alumni, and administrators not involved or without any knowledge of the horrific acts of Sandusky, we're talking about, indeed, a finite (albeit powerful) number of people.

Penn State University is not solely what Sandusky, Spanier, Paterno, Curley, and Schultz have represented it as. Even if 100 people knew what was happening and failed to report Sandusky, that would only be .2% of the people currently employed by or attending PSU. That doesn't even include alumni.

Those responsible are morally bankrupt and should be punished to the highest power of the law, but I would urge anyone to recognize that we're talking about individuals, not Penn State University as a whole.

Paterno, Curley, Schultz, Spanier, McQueary, the janitors, other administrators and coaches, all failed to act. But when you consider that there are 40,000 undergraduate students at the College Park campus alone, not to mention faculty, alumni, and administrators not involved or without any knowledge of the horrific acts of Sandusky, we're talking about, indeed, a finite (albeit powerful) number of people.

Penn State University is not solely what Sandusky, Spanier, Paterno, Curley, and Schultz have represented it as. Even if 100 people knew what was happening and failed to report Sandusky, that would only be .2% of the people currently employed by or attending PSU. That doesn't even include alumni.

Those responsible are morally bankrupt and should be punished to the highest power of the law, but I would urge anyone to recognize that we're talking about individuals, not Penn State University as a whole.

Ahh, you're including the 40k students. I meant authority figures. There is now talk that PSUs own lawyers knew about previous events and provided council. Also, a couple people are saying some in the BOT knew and it will come out. I don't think there is any level of authority didn't know something, yet did nothing. I completely feel that the institution as a whole should be condemned. That doesn't mean every single student.

Paterno, Curley, Schultz, Spanier, McQueary.

From an SU perspective: Cantor, Gross, Marrone, Conley, SU finance head - the rest of the athletic and custodial departments - that's pretty big.

People talk too. No way this wasn't fairly common knowledge amongst segments of the faculty, university administration, Board of Trustees.

Penn State is right next to the Catholic Church when it comes to child molestation.

This is where I struggle. Because, yes, Cantor, Gross, Marrone, Conley, SU Finance Head, etc would be a massive amount of POWER at SU, the way that Spanier, Curley, Schultz, Paterno, Sandusky were/are at PSU.

But, at the same time, Syracuse University is vastly larger than their representatives. I totally understand that they are just that. They represent the University, but I don't think they alone represent the University. I'd be mortified if this happened at SU, but because those people were chosen to represent us.

I'm bothered that in sheer numbers, this will impact more innocent people than guilty people. I'm bothered that Penn State University, which is something larger than any and all of it's representatives will have this stigma hang over it long after the guilty parties are gone.

I understand why it will be that way, and why many think it should be that way, but it doesn't mean I am 100% comfortable with that. That's all.

You make valid points. Unfortunately, that's what happens when an organization's leaders make mistakes. When you're the face of something and you mess up the whole organization gets taken down with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom