Retrospective on the Offense | Syracusefan.com

Retrospective on the Offense

javadoc

All American
This year has been a revelation for the offense. So many surprises, and positive developments.

Start the year and shock the world, tons of yards, aerial attack, no huddle, 80+ plays per game. Hit a snag when the lack of run game becomes a liability, leaning on Nassib too much shows a chink. Conjure a power run game seemingly from nowhere, find balance, and we're back on track. Staff reinvented the offense midseason and the kids made it work.

But where are the playmakers? We have no WR's that can sprint past the defense. No RB's that are a genuine threat every touch. Yet we keep racking up 500 yards. Finally, we can say to recruits, the system is sound, and our OC can wield it. The proof is on the field this year, and it ain't just one game.

This past week we got a glimpse of what the offense can be with those dynamite playmakers. Not to take anything away from Gulley, Smith, and Lemon, who made plays! Tantalizing what we could do with even one Marquise Lee.

Marrone and Adkins have taken some heat, but this year I hope that has been put to rest. We've needed JUCO's to fill holes up til now, but look what we can do with "home grown" talent. Everyone who has been bagging on our OL coaches has got to give them props now. And we get Macky for one more year! Think how scary good the OL could be if Pugh came back.

I don't know what was in Marrone's binder when he was hired, but this year's copy has the recipe for success. And I think it will succeed in the ACC, perhaps even more so than in the Sun Beast.

its funny how my view of the offense has changed mulitple times during this season

in the beginning of the season i was thinking ptg looked clearly like the superior back. i am fairly certain that smith is at minimum more consistant

in the beginning of the season i agreed with swc in that ryan need more throws not less to be most effective. i am now in the millhouse camp of running relieves the pass rush pressure and opens gaps for the recievers; creating a more efficient nassib/offense

i have decided on one thing though, the LINE is the common denominator and has only improved both pass blocking and run blocking as the season has progressed. they didnt stop progressing after pugh came back either.

i am excited again, starting to feel like an evil trick :bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom