Richardson entering, no agent | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Richardson entering, no agent

Newhouser said:
Sorry if answered already but how many players are offered the early evaluation? Every player who declares without signing an agent isn't provided with an evaluation are they?

No.

Some kids are going to be disappointed.

I am glad this is what is happening. He should see how he is perceived by the NBA. If he is a 1st rounder, he should go. I do not think he is yet. My gut is he comes back and we are top 10 team.

If he does sign an agent, I think we will still be ok if we get a guard who can play immediately whether that be Diallo (reclassify) or Mullins (depth shooter). Not a top 10 team but a solid top 25 team. Frank and Battle will be inexperienced but alright.

Two guards?

No backups?

That means they're both playing 40 minutes a game.

You might want to rethink that.
Malachi as a guard up top is a luxury regardless of if he goes or stays... Battle starts at the 2 from day 1, Mal is our starting 3 or in the NBA next year. We are going to get another guard to plug into the rotation with Tyus and Frank...

I hope the NBA says you need to win a national title or you'll never play in this league.

I also hope the sports agent sell job doesn't break him down before the process plays out.

Let him get evaluated. I think Malachi will get one of the 60-65 invites the NBA combine gives out. I don't this kid could play in the NBA next year or would be a first round pick this year but let NBA tell him that.

If he does go we will be lucky to be .500 next year. We have 8 scholarship players right now and only 3 guards. If Malachi goes we would be done to 7 and 2.

Our 2017 recruiting class should be a top 3 one if all kids want PT and the ability to play in an elite league.

Malachi as a guard up top is a luxury regardless of if he goes or stays... Battle starts at the 2 from day 1, Mal is our starting 3 or in the NBA next year. We are going to get another guard to plug into the rotation with Tyus and Frank...

We have eight players on scholarship WITH Malachi. Losing him would hurt.

Hope Mal stays, but we are in good shape to weather this loss. Battle can and will do anything and everything that Mal can do...

With two guards on the roster we could be in trouble, but I think Mal will be back.

As all have already said this is the right move for him. Wonder if he will get invited to the combine?

We have eight players on scholarship WITH Malachi. Losing him would hurt.
Yes of course, it would be a swift kick in the groin, but we have an ideal player in Battle coming in... It's not going to be a losing TE early situation, we are equipped as well as can be to lose Mal early...

I think Battle Starts at the 1 and Mal at the 2 if he returns.

ezmJ0kv-_normal.jpeg

Syracuse Basketball (@Cuse_MBB)

4/18/16, 2:21 PM

Freshman Malachi Richardson is entering his name in the NBA Draft and not signing with an agent, according to Coach Jim Boeheim.
So for the next five weeks we be like...

tumblr_ljry5cYRfQ1qixleeo1_500.gif

I think Battle Starts at the 1 and Mal at the 2 if he returns.
Haven't seen Tyus a ton, but playing the 1 from the start, I just don't see it...

Maybe he moves over to the 1 when first subs enter the game...

Malachi as a guard up top is a luxury regardless of if he goes or stays... Battle starts at the 2 from day 1, Mal is our starting 3 or in the NBA next year. We are going to get another guard to plug into the rotation with Tyus and Frank...[/QUOTE

He really isn't a luxury, if we want to win anything next year, we need him back.

I also hope the sports agent sell job doesn't break him down before the process plays out.
That's my fear, and likely why the Syracuse staff doesn't encourage declaring without an agent.

Many of these agents are scumbags and will work everyone around Malachi and make it seem like if he signs with his agency then Malachi will be a Top 10 lock. It happens. Kid declares without an agent. A couple of weeks later kid signs with agent. Gets picked in the 2nd round if at all.

If you don't get a combine invite, then that is pretty much all you need to hear.
How many get invited to the combine? 60? 100? 2000?

Cause our roster is really set..

do some of you pay attention????

It's not but we will have to do some REAL work in free agency* if we lose. MR wrt quality and quantity

*5th yr transfer market

How many get invited to the combine? 60? 100? 2000?

No set number, but usually in the 50-60 range. No clue what effect, if any, this rule change will have on number of combine invites. Keep in mind though, that the rule change wasn't just for the combine, but also for one private workout with each NBA team, so even if someone doesn't get a combine invite, they'd surely get some individual workouts with some teams.